Next Album Rumours Thread IV - 2 Sing 2 Furious

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Songs Of Innocence has really stood up over the test of time to me and it would have been even better with the inclusion of The Crystal Ballroom and Invisible

Absolutely. SOI has gotten stronger over time, where SOE has faded a bit with me. Crystal Ballroom would be in the top 4 for me on SOI. Add that and Invisible and kick off SFS. would have been rock solid.

I was just listening to my custom playlist of SOE and I think Book of Your Heart is equally vital to its respective album. Just a stunning vocal performance that goes from that deep baritone in the verses to Bono going full power at the song's climax. Edge actually shows up for this one, too.

I was just listening to my custom playlist of SOE and I think Book of Your Heart is equally vital to its respective album. Just a stunning vocal performance that goes from that deep baritone in the verses to Bono going full power at the song's climax. Edge actually shows up for this one, too.

Absolutely. It has a Rattle and Hum vibe to it. very loose and great guitar. I have it on mine as well. I ditch American Soul and The Showman. Oh and the St. Peters String version of Lights.

I'm switching mine up a bit right now. Love is All, followed by the Blackout is cool start. Then into St. Peters Lights of Home... hmmmm...

Last edited:
That one will never be on any of my custom Songs of Experience playlists. Aside from American Soul, it’s my least favorite from that release. I think it’s right where it belongs as a b-side.

Absolutely. It has a Rattle and Hum vibe to it. very loose and great guitar. I have it on mine as well. I ditch American Soul and The Showman. Oh and the St. Peters String version of Lights.

I'm switching mine up a bit right now. Love is All, followed by the Blackout is cool start. Then into St. Peters Lights of Home... hmmmm...

I like "Book of Your Heart", but gives me UF25 vibes instead.

womanfish, what's your least favorite U2 album(s)?

It kinda changes, except for my top 2.

But right now, bottom 4 would be

No Line
ATYCLB
Bomb
Rattle and Hum

The order of that is squishy. but those are my three least faves. Although if you took out Boots, Crazy and Stand Up, and used Soon as the first song on the album, No Line would be way higher. But alas.

What about you?

It kinda changes, except for my top 2.

But right now, bottom 4 would be

No Line
ATYCLB
Bomb
Rattle and Hum

The order of that is squishy. but those are my three least faves. Although if you took out Boots, Crazy and Stand Up, and used Soon as the first song on the album, No Line would be way higher. But alas.

What about you?

SOI
SOE
No Line
Bomb

But, I could make a good tracklist out of the best of all 4, were I so inclined, which I'm not.

I def like SOE better than SOI though, definitely more of a "mood" going on.

As for Rattle & Hum, as currently constructed it definitely sucks, but aside from that, there's an awesome studio album there, especially when you add Hallelujah Here She Comes and A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel.

It needs a reissue.

As for Rattle & Hum, as currently constructed it definitely sucks, but aside from that, there's an awesome studio album there, especially when you add Hallelujah Here She Comes and A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel.

It needs a reissue.

Yeah, its really sad. All I Want is You, Heartland, Hawkmoon, Desire.

I'm not big on the bluesy ones, All the snippets, and live stuff is just odd. Adding the live "hits" to me sort of made it seem like they felt like just the studio stuff didn't hold up. But it does. I mean, do a studio version of Silver and Gold and even Helter Skelter... I dunno.

I LOVE Hallelujah Here She Comes. Would be such a good add. Hmmmm... I've never done my own reworked R&H, but now I must!

SOI
SOE
No Line
Bomb

But, I could make a good tracklist out of the best of all 4, were I so inclined, which I'm not.

I def like SOE better than SOI though, definitely more of a "mood" going on.
I don't get all the hate for the Bomb,very solid album. Better than ATYCLB,and that's the one that launched them back into the mainstream.

It needs a reissue.

Yeah, its really sad. All I Want is You, Heartland, Hawkmoon, Desire.

I'm not big on the bluesy ones, All the snippets, and live stuff is just odd. Adding the live "hits" to me sort of made it seem like they felt like just the studio stuff didn't hold up. But it does. I mean, do a studio version of Silver and Gold and even Helter Skelter... I dunno.

I LOVE Hallelujah Here She Comes. Would be such a good add. Hmmmm... I've never done my own reworked R&H, but now I must!

Yea there is a great studio album there, plus those two B-sides ("Room at the Heartbreak" in particular is so utterly unheralded). They should've dropped a live album called Rattle and Hum in '88, and a studio album called Hawkmoon in '89. Boom.

Yea there is a great studio album there, plus those two B-sides ("Room at the Heartbreak" in particular is so utterly unheralded). They should've dropped a live album called Rattle and Hum in '88, and a studio album called Hawkmoon in '89. Boom.

I think it should have just been a full on double album. Disc one, studio album: Rattle. Disc two, live album: Hum.

Rattle & Hum

I mean...

1. Hawkmoon 269
2. Van Diemen's Land
3. Desire
4. Hallelujah Here She Comes
5. Love Rescue Me
6. Angel Of Harlem
7. When Love Comes To Town
8. Heartland
9. God Part II
10. A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel
11. All I Want Is You

If they ever did a reissue and released She's A Mystery To Me, that could be your 12th track somewhere in the mix.

I mean...

1. Hawkmoon 269
2. Van Diemen's Land
3. Desire
5. Love Rescue Me
6. Angel Of Harlem
8. Heartland
9. God Part II
11. All I Want Is You

If they ever did a reissue and released She's A Mystery To Me, that could be your 12th track somewhere in the mix.

Nice work here.

I mean...

1. Hawkmoon 269
2. Van Diemen's Land
3. Desire
5. Love Rescue Me
6. Angel Of Harlem
8. Heartland
9. God Part II
11. All I Want Is You

Holy shit, i forgot God Part II, my second favorite song on the album! This is a fantastic rework. I think a studio version of Silver and Gold would be good to round up to 12.

Actually I thought you were saying this S&G would be a studio full-band version of the R&H film arrangement, in which case--in?

Nah the full band version on the Streets single is fantastic. Not sure how I forgot it was on there. Would have been a good one to leave for Rattle and Hum, the bass, guitar and vocal are all very R&H in sound.

I think I will put it on my own tracklisting for sure. Maybe leave off When Love... I get tired of that one.

Nah the full band version on the Streets single is fantastic. Not sure how I forgot it was on there. Would have been a good one to leave for Rattle and Hum, the bass, guitar and vocal are all very R&H in sound.

I think I will put it on my own tracklisting for sure. Maybe leave off When Love... I get tired of that one.

Oh yea, I'm forgetting that live movie version is in fact on this universe's actual Rattle and Hum.

HEY--maybe they dig up your namesake and polish it up just enough for Hawkmoon B-side-worthiness?

Last edited:
Book of your heart is a good song.

The Sing 2 song is lol. Apt title, though. If this were the song I heard on my deathbed, I would will myself to live longer to make sure this vapid piece of crap wasn't the last piece of music I ever heard.

Dune (2021) is amazing (I know this is off-topic but I just saw it last night and :drool::drool::drool:)

Back
Top Bottom