Next Album Rumours Thread IV - 2 Sing 2 Furious

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I mean, if this happened to any other band, you'd rubbish it. But the thought of U2 being able to make tweaks to a mix, right up until the absolute-last-second possible before they have to share the link, sounds 100% plausible.

Plus, I still don't understand the hate for Window In The Skies. Its not even in the top 10 of songs I'd go-to as an example of something I wish hadn't been released.

Well to be fair, this is the day that it was supposed to be released. I think Headache is right, that BBC2 playing it one day early probably got the chop from Disney or whoever does Sing 2.

As for Window... It's not my least fave U2 song, but probably in my bottom 10, Just really a useless song IMO.

Well to be fair, this is the day that it was supposed to be released. I think Headache is right, that BBC2 playing it one day early probably got the chop from Disney or whoever does Sing 2.

As for Window... It's not my least fave U2 song, but probably in my bottom 10, Just really a useless song IMO.

Eh hem - NBC/Universal. Those bills don't pay themselves, thank you very much.

I mean, if this happened to any other band, you'd rubbish it. But the thought of U2 being able to make tweaks to a mix, right up until the absolute-last-second possible before they have to share the link, sounds 100% plausible.

Plus, I still don't understand the hate for Window In The Skies. Its not even in the top 10 of songs I'd go-to as an example of something I wish hadn't been released.

The band didn't actually do any tweaking yesterday.

this is the first time bono's been the tallest one on the stage

FDRVj0TVgAAF6N5

The band didn't actually do any tweaking yesterday.

Yeah, you ant submit it for consideration for an Oscar and then go and change it the next day. And the soundtrack album is all set ready to go (for the physical versions), so you can’t change now either.

so when the comcasts get done tweeting out the lyrics to I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For i'm gonna guess we'll see the second trailer for Sing 2, which will feature the new U2 song - and then it'll be available for download sometime after that.

welp, they're done - and it looks like it's right in time to drop the new trailer if they so desire.

Last edited:
How much of U2's insipid, bland and generic songwriting of late is down to poor creative influences and how much of it is down to themselves?

I get the feeling all desire and determination for creativity has left them as they become tired and old, leaving the likes of artistic vacuums like Tedder and Guy Oseary in charge (in charge of Madonna I believe, says it all).

It was all down hill after they hired that coffee salesman who wrote 'my humps, my humps, my lady lumps' to help create I'll Go Crazy.

It's a kids film for sure, but that doesn't mean quality should be any less. Randy Newman wrote some beautiful songs for Toy Story 2 like When She Loved Me without needing to water things down for the target audience. Maybe it will take a 5 year old kid to openly swear about U2's music for them to leave the stage with whatever dignity they have or revert to being serious about music.

In all seriousness, a band that the singer hob nobs, wines and dines with the most powerful people on earth, wrapped in his ego, flies his hat half way round the world and has a guitarist who gets into destructive environmental land disputes for property development, all screams of a band used to the material and exclusive life of the wealthiest people on the planet. Priorities are all wrong, and no wonder the art suffers when they are so engrossed in a materialistic life with seemingly no awe and wonder left for life outside of it. Brutal, but true.

How much of U2's insipid, bland and generic songwriting of late is down to poor creative influences and how much of it is down to themselves?

I get the feeling all desire and determination for creativity has left them as they become tired and old, leaving the likes of artistic vacuums like Tedder and Guy Oseary in charge (in charge of Madonna I believe, says it all).

It was all down hill after they hired that coffee salesman who wrote 'my humps, my humps, my lady lumps' to help create I'll Go Crazy.

It's a kids film for sure, but that doesn't mean quality should be any less. Randy Newman wrote some beautiful songs for Toy Story 2 like When She Loved Me without needing to water things down for the target audience. Maybe it will take a 5 year old kid to openly swear about U2's music for them to leave the stage with whatever dignity they have or revert to being serious about music.

In all seriousness, a band that the singer hob nobs, wines and dines with the most powerful people on earth, wrapped in his ego, flies his hat half way round the world and has a guitarist who gets into destructive environmental land disputes for property development, all screams of a band used to the material and exclusive life of the wealthiest people on the planet. Priorities are all wrong, and no wonder the art suffers when they are so engrossed in a materialistic life with seemingly no awe and wonder left for life outside of it. Brutal, but true.

well, i would counter with... um...
YOU HAVEN'T HEARD THE FUCKING SONG!!!

Otherwise spot on.

It doesn’t outright offend me like Get Out or Crazy Tonight, but yeah it’s in the bottom 5 for me along with Hands That Built America, another watered-down snoozefest aiming for glory.

It would be nice to have guitar, but I may take piano over the obligatory, standard "edge" guitar sound. If it were something unique he came up with that would cool. Like the latter halves of Get Out and Little Things. Pretty much started with Walk On, and has reared its head on many songs thereafter.

Even if the non-TikTok-ed rest were on par with "One" (which won't be the case), the overall song would still contain this pathetic TikTok portion of the song, thus dragging an otherwise A+ song down to maybe a C.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom