New Video on U2.com Pt.2 (new 01/11/2009)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fairly impressed with Larry's drumming here... it would seem as though the last couple albums he's just been going through the motions, ya know? With this, though... yeah, he's stepping up.

:up:

I'm fairly impressed with Larry's drumming here... it would seem as though the last couple albums he's just been going through the motions, ya know? With this, though... yeah, he's stepping up.

:up:

I actually disagree. I think the rhythm section has been fantastic in the last couple of albums. Its been Bono who sucked it up on the last album, and a poor choice of 2nd half songs on ATYCLB.

Actually sounds like an "old" version to me - as in pre-beach clips. The vocals are all over the place compared to the beach clip version. Plus the drum part Larry is playing on the video is damn close to being exactly what you can hear in the beach clip...
These videos don't seam to have any particular timeline or whatever so the things they are showing us could have happened at any time in the past year...

Actually sounds like an "old" version to me - as in pre-beach clips. The vocals are all over the place compared to the beach clip version. Plus the drum part Larry is playing on the video is damn close to being exactly what you can hear in the beach clip...
These videos don't seam to have any particular timeline or whatever so the things they are showing us could have happened at any time in the past year...

Yeah, it really reminds me of an "old" one....Pretty sure it's Only Love (the background music it's the same (almost, maybe) recorded in Eze).

I don't think so...they wouldn't be posting old videos...I guess :|

This video was recorded in HQ so I guess it's from early summer, as July through September the band was writing in Eze, and since then mixing and recorrding in New York and London. Apart from that, right in the end of the clip you can hear Edge saying "Nice take larry" and they're all very encouraging, then you can see Lanois signing with fingers towards his own mouth, as if he wants to vomit. If you look at the windows you see daylight coming in.
I think that the video where Larry's all wasted and interviewed by Edge, with Lanois answering "well, not anymore!" after Edge asks him whether he likes drums, was taken later that day, because it's dark outside, and probably the end of a long recording day of drum takes.

So I have to ask.....

why the World Atlas?

Just curious as to why it would even be in the studio, much less in the u2.com video.

Ideas?

maybe it is saying "get ready we are getting ready to drop this record on the world" or "get ready we are close to announcing our world tour"

Im using a different computer, none of the links are working for me. They did on my computer. Does this have something to do with my browser? Help:ohmy:

It sounds like a new version of the song doesn't it.

It could be a new version... remember that Edge stated that they ditched some of the original recordings made with Rick Rubin.

And they did delay the album so... maybe someone was honest with them and said... 'good idea BUT... needs more "rock" or needs a stronger melody or needs more cowbell!" - something.

That might be why they changed the release date to early 2009 (Feb 23rd in the UK and 24th in the US is my guess.

It finally worked out of nowhere. Gread vid. Even Larrys drumming posture is reminiscent of the '80s. Lets just hope that they dont blanket the drums in production like city of blinding lights.

Whats with Lanois puking motion?

It could be a new version... remember that Edge stated that they ditched some of the original recordings made with Rick Rubin.

And they did delay the album so... maybe someone was honest with them and said... 'good idea BUT... needs more "rock" or needs a stronger melody or needs more cowbell!" - something.

That might be why they changed the release date to early 2009 (Feb 23rd in the UK and 24th in the US is my guess.

The Rubin material is separate--any "new versions" of any of the songs will be from non-Rubin material.

edit: I think this is the same as (or nearly identical to) the beach clip version.

Its the outro of the song, the only thing possibly different that I can even think of would be that larry is striking the top tom and hitting the crash more.

It finally worked out of nowhere. Gread vid. Even Larrys drumming posture is reminiscent of the '80s. Lets just hope that they dont blanket the drums in production like city of blinding lights.

Whats with Lanois puking motion?

Puking motion? I think Danny was just trying to signal it was time to eat

somewhat off/on topic....In my opinion Larry is such a great example of a solid rock drummer. He doesn't do anything thats overdone, he keeps thing simple when they need to be simple, and throws in fills and stuff when the songs need it, and in the end he and Adam create such a solid foundation of a rhythm section that it allows Edge to go off and do his simplistic, yet extremely appropriate guitar moments without making the songs boring.

sorry, just thought I'd throw that in there.

somewhat off/on topic....In my opinion Larry is such a great example of a solid rock drummer. He doesn't do anything thats overdone, he keeps thing simple when they need to be simple, and throws in fills and stuff when the songs need it, and in the end he and Adam create such a solid foundation of a rhythm section that it allows Edge to go off and do his simplistic, yet extremely appropriate guitar moments without making the songs boring.

sorry, just thought I'd throw that in there.

:down:

just kidding. I really like the rythmsection of U2 because of the simplicity and restrainment which I think is great.:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom