new ultra bono shades thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the 9285, but my favorites are Bvlgaris?

519 because of the colors which existed, all awesome, and the 549 for their design. If the 549 had the 519 colors, that would be so awesome....:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Favorite brand:

1. Black Flys
2. Armani 9285
3. Alain Mikli aka Popmart
4. D&G flash green and H50
5. Bulgari 519 in Citrus, Flash and Red (sorry shades ie 610/611/whatever with a curve above the eyebrow line are not only dated they look geeky)
6. Romeo Gigli 226 in Red and Green

Never liked the Miu Miu.

The Versace will never be worn on stage, I'm pretty positive of it.

Brand I would suggest to Bono if I got the chance:

Prada model SPR53HS color 5AK/2P1
Prada model SPR56HS color 5AK/8C1

they are just THE SHIT. You know the kinda shades that make you look like a million bucks? These are them, hands down.

Moonwalker_13 said:
I like the 9285, but my favorites are Bvlgaris?

519 because of the colors which existed, all awesome, and the 549 for their design. If the 549 had the 519 colors, that would be so awesome....:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

They do, but infuriatingly not commercially available. The retail 549s lenses are all shite imo.

are these Bvlgari 519 ?
correct me if I am wrong-
bvlgari.jpg

from what I have read, this model (in case they are really 519) are very hard to find, right?

thanks in advance for any response to my questions.

cheers from Mexico
Pablo

Yes they are. They are the Red that I adore, next to the Citrus. I had to return them because they cracked.

Are you looking to part with them? If so, you need to post up a pic that clearly identifies the "Bvlgari" on the arm/lens connector. I saw fake ones in Mexico City in April 2006. So just want to make sure.

tpsreports2424 said:
What is your favorite Bono brand?

The (RED) Armani

The 519, 610, 611 Bvlgaris

The 549 Bvlgari

The 2040 Versace

The Dolce and Gabanas

???

The (RED) Armanis by FAR! :drool:

Versace? Does anyone have a pic of these?

gabrielvox said:
Yes they are. They are the Red that I adore, next to the Citrus. I had to return them because they cracked.

Are you looking to part with them? If so, you need to post up a pic that clearly identifies the "Bvlgari" on the arm/lens connector. I saw fake ones in Mexico City in April 2006. So just want to make sure.

No, these are from a friend that lives in Toluca (a city about 50 miles away from Mexico City)
But she told me that in a local sunglasses store, near where she lives, they have this model and color available.
The problem is the price hehe $4500 MX pesos, about 450 USD

:sad:

I tried the Miu Miu champange ones before, they are nice but I thought the arms were too long...

Does anyone own the Alain Mikli popmart sunglasses? If you do, do you mind sharing pictures of them?that would be nice!:drool:

Moonwalker_13 said:
I would definitely put 450 $ for those babies :drool: And for the "fully citrus'' 519 too . (the ones on Solevision.com)

What is "fully citrus"?

Far as I know there is only one citrus 519, I guess you could call it 'fully citrus' as both the lens and arms are orange and the trim is gold..

citrus.jpg

EDIT:

Found an old pic of the red 519s:

red.jpg

Last edited:
i think the prada SPR57HS are more "bono" than the others.
maybe too similar to the armanis, but very cool shades.

any news about the 9285 new colors?

tpsreports2424 said:
Does anyone own the Alain Mikli popmart sunglasses? If you do, do you mind sharing pictures of them?that would be nice!:drool: [/B]

I support this request =)

Miklis pics pleaseee

cf said:
i think the prada SPR57HS are more "bono" than the others.
maybe too similar to the armanis, but very cool shades.

any news about the 9285 new colors?

That's why I didn't pick them - they look too much like something he already has...except for the arms, I can't see Bono wearing glasses with arms like those, they have very little class to them really...

the other Pradas I listed the arms are more subtle...well to my tastes anyways..

I talked about "fully citrus'' because i thought that your 519 citrus had black arms, which is not the case of the ones on solevision.com, which have citrus lenses and arms (like the blue or red ones in fact)

I always thought Gabriel that yours had black arms like the flash grey we have

On ebay, 4sunglass has new color for the Bvlgari 549, Solid grey...so of course it is not part of the new range (which will probably never existe as Gabriel suggested) , they have been available for a long time now, but no one has ever been interested in those i believe

gabrielvox said:

That's why I didn't pick them - they look too much like something he already has...except for the arms, I can't see Bono wearing glasses with arms like those, they have very little class to them really...

the other Pradas I listed the arms are more subtle...well to my tastes anyways..

maybe a mix of the 57 frames (that i like a lot, even if they're too similar to the 9285 ones) and the 56 arms would be great.
you're right about the 57 arms.

Moonwalker_13 said:
I talked about "fully citrus'' because i thought that your 519 citrus had black arms, which is not the case of the ones on solevision.com, which have citrus lenses and arms (like the blue or red ones in fact)

I always thought Gabriel that yours had black arms like the flash grey we have

Ahhh...yep the blue, red, citrus all have clear arms the same color as the lens...I guess in certain lighting/certain angles they could look solid black..

Speaking of which...isn't it only the flash that have the black arms? I know Bono had a custom blue pair with black arms that Mark ended up modding and selling as a custom job but I can't remember if any other 519 has black arms?

Moonwalker_13 said:
but no one has ever been interested in those i believe

I would immediately buy a pair or two of the 549s if they came in decent colors, even for just regular 'street wear' I think they are far more durable than the 519....something along the lines of the D&G 'wear everywhere' type thing..with the 519s you have to be too careful and careful is one thing I'm not lol..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom