New U2 Video of OOTS is Available to View at U2.com!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is a poignant video that pays tribute to 2 of my 3 passions: motherhood and U2. Bono's face is so very expressive and I love the emotions than shine through. My daughter and I have been watching it all day and we agree that it very well may be their best video.

Thank you ALL who have contributed to this thread - it is a credit to PLEBA that we can come together like this.

Personally, I will stand on my contention that OOTS (which is Bono's favorite song from HTDAAB) will go down a U2's BEST video ever. :yes:

Why?

Well first because it is their most exquisitely made video ever. From start to finish, it explodes with sounds, colors and images which overwhelm the senses and touch the heart.

But, more than that, there are images in the video which reveal aspects of U2 in subtle ways. I think it is best for each of us to find these for ourselves. Each of us can appreciate OOTS for different reasons.

I thought SYCMIOYO was going to be the U2 heart wrenching video for me and while it still is, for the reasons I've stated above and more, OOTS is the SUPERLATIVE U2 VIDEO. ;)

Thanks again for all the positive energy that went into this thread.

This video is absolutely beautiful. I am so happy to see that Bono actually took the freckin' glasses off, I was begining to think they were fused to his face. Also, does anyone know who the lady is in the video, and what the significance of the rose vine coming out of the mouth is? Again, its a wonderful video....Well done boys! :up:

chazman151 said:

I tried making avs from these 2. If you like, you're welcome to use :wink:

11a.jpg
_
16a.jpg

Thanks!

Can you try making avatars out of the other pics I posted too?

yolland said:

So how much of what you see here is "animation"? Are the actual images "digitally enhanced," or does the animation just consist of the motion? Because their faces don't look fully "real" to me.

i think they are real. you probably find they're just enhanced in the post-production process - colours and contrast changed, glows added, blurs etc etc etc.
most things are these days from block buster movies to basic tv shows to ads and music videos - but their faces are very much still real video footage, just tweaked slightly

caragriff, you said it - I didn't.

But I agree with your assessment - I'd bet money on it.

The future will be very interesting. :wink:

I've been watching the video aaaall day and I came in here to ask for stills. I should have known better. :wink:
thank you ladies for all the pics, the video is so gorgeous I can hardly stand it!

edit to avoid double post: this video is amazing, I especially love the part with the flowers! (more stills of that?) the video just.. touches me on every level, as does the song, which has been my fave off the bomb since day one.
spec-tacularrr.

Last edited:
BonoFox1 said:
What a great weekend..watching it on the video channels!! I e-mailed MTV and VH1 and asked for the vids to be played..hopefully it will make the top 20!!!:wink:
Hopefully they WILL play it more than they did COBL,I hardly ever saw COBL video,maybe 4 times that was it,and that video only got to #18 for 2 weeks on VH1 and that was it,it was out of the countdown.I haven't seen this new video,yet and hope to soon.I don't want to sit and wait and wait and see nothing but crap videos,they better show that video often.I hope it gets played every hour,the Sometimes video did,this one should too.I'm sure the radio stations around my area WON"T play the song,they hardly played Vertigo and COBL,I've heard only those 2 songs like 2 times that was it.

Bono'sLady said:
Hopefully they WILL play it more than they did COBL,I hardly ever saw COBL video,maybe 4 times that was it,and that video only got to #18 for 2 weeks on VH1 and that was it,it was out of the countdown.I haven't seen this new video,yet and hope to soon.I don't want to sit and wait and wait and see nothing but crap videos,they better show that video often.I hope it gets played every hour,the Sometimes video did,this one should too.I'm sure the radio stations around my area WON"T play the song,they hardly played Vertigo and COBL,I've heard only those 2 songs like 2 times that was it.

***Well we can start my going into the VH1 website and requesting this video!!!****
There are many many fans here that can help make a diffrence about this video being shown!

Amazing! AMAZING!!!

Truly beautiful in its simplicity and it really does seem to celebrate women, not just as mothers or daughters, but also as women who give birth to ideas, creativity, etc.

And damn it! Where was this song over twenty years ago and I was a sad, insecure teenage girl who thought she'd never get out of Muskego, Wisconsin? "Original of the Species" would have been a total affirmation. Oh well, better late than never.

Oooh, and I got my Christmas present early-Bono without his shades. Love his pretty blue peepers.

I am so in love with this video. It to me is definetly one of their best ever! From an artistic standpoint its just amazing, but also very touching from a human stand point. I haven't been able to get it off my mind since I saw it.

I just returned home from meeting with my tattoo artist and very talented friend who is all excited about tattooing a still frame from the video on me in a couple hours. I just turned 30 and I need something to mark the occasion and what better then something so life affirming and encouraging. We are all an original of our species and we should celebrate it! :heart:

OOTS11.jpg

This is the shot I took her. We decided to focus on the bit of the face and the main flower to capture the impact of the shot. I will definetly post pictures when its done. :)

oh wow, thanks so much to everyone who's posted pictures/gifs/links/etc. :applaud:

I've watched this video nonstop today.. it's too beautiful. to be honest, I think it's become one of my favorite U2 videos.
there's so much to interpret in the video itself, and Bonos emotion in it is just unexplainable. :drool:

Russty Cat said:
I just returned home from meeting with my tattoo artist and very talented friend who is all excited about tattooing a still frame from the video on me in a couple hours. I just turned 30 and I need something to mark the occasion and what better then something so life affirming and encouraging. We are all an original of our species and we should celebrate it! :heart:

it's so strange how the first time I saw the part where the flowers surround the head, tattooing came into my mind..

my thought was "those flowers and the head would make an awesome tattoo"..
:up: great way to mark the occasion :D

youtooellen said:
oh wow, thanks so much to everyone who's posted pictures/gifs/links/etc. :applaud:

I've watched this video nonstop today.. it's too beautiful. to be honest, I think it's become one of my favorite U2 videos.
there's so much to interpret in the video itself, and Bonos emotion in it is just unexplainable. :drool:

it's so strange how the first time I saw the part where the flowers surround the head, tattooing came into my mind..

my thought was "those flowers and the head would make an awesome tattoo"..
:up: great way to mark the occasion :D

ellen I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of that. :giggle: But then again most anything can inspire a tattoo for me.

6379da5d.jpg

tatwork008.jpg

It took a few hours and lots of layers of color, but I'm so happy with it. Being an artist it really speaks to me. Its abstract and beautiful and something that will always remind me of a great time in my life. And a great song that has inspired me to love myself more. :heart: Once again its all Bonos fault. :wink:

Last edited:
Russty Cat said:
6379da5d.jpg

:shocked: it's beautiful :love:
it turned out so wonderfully :drool:

once I'm old enough I'm hoping to get myself some tattoos- U2 related tattoos I mean. :)
well.. not in strange, obscure locations of my body, but in well placed ones. :giggle:
I shouldn't even be thinking about tattoos so early (I wouldn't even consider thinking of what my parents would say :uhoh: ), but you're just persuading me into getting one now :hmm: :wink:

omg! U2 is doing Bjork videos! or Bjork is doing U2 videos? I dunno, this is possibly my favorite HTDAAB video

thanks for the stills, btw, I was looking for some today earlier and I thought about PLEBA of course

*edit: if you like it Meghan, you can use it:
ootsav1.gif

Last edited:
Russty Cat said:

ellen I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of that. :giggle: But then again most anything can inspire a tattoo for me.

6379da5d.jpg

tatwork008.jpg

It took a few hours and lots of layers of color, but I'm so happy with it. Being an artist it really speaks to me. Its abstract and beautiful and something that will always remind me of a great time in my life. And a great song that has inspired me to love myself more. :heart: Once again its all Bonos fault. :wink:

:ohmy: Wow, that's so beautiful! And yes, this song is amazing, it has made me appreciate myself a bit more too. And go a bit easier on myself..

Doesn't low self-esteem suck or what? :sigh:

Jack In The Box said:
omg! U2 is doing Bjork videos! or Bjork is doing U2 videos? I dunno, this is possibly my favorite HTDAAB video

thanks for the stills, btw, I was looking for some today earlier and I thought about PLEBA of course

*edit: if you like it Meghan, you can use it:
ootsav1.gif
:bow: thank you!!!!!!!! :applaud: I love it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom