New Radiohead album announced The King of Limbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A Pitchfork Radiohead Review is something that only comes around every 3 or 4 years lately. I've got my bottle of sparkling white wine at the ready.

GAF is waiting in similar fashion.

franzia.jpg

A Pitchfork Radiohead Review is something that only comes around every 3 or 4 years lately. I've got my bottle of sparkling white wine at the ready.
I think the main disadvantage of not being 21 is the inability to try a lot of different types of alcohol. My college years so far have consisted of cheap vodka, Jim Beam (not a fan), and cheap beer. No other types of liquor, no wines, nothing.

The first things I'm buying when I turn 21: a bottle of gin, a bottle of white wine, and a case of some beer to be determined.

The first things I'm buying when I turn 21: a bottle of gin, a bottle of white wine, and a case of some beer to be determined.

My three favorite things in this mortal world. Assuming the beer is expensive... preferably imported.

I think the main disadvantage of not being 21 is the inability to try a lot of different types of alcohol. My college years so far have consisted of cheap vodka, Jim Beam (not a fan), and cheap beer. No other types of liquor, no wines, nothing.

Turning 21 showed me what a travesty cheap beer is.

Gin is easily my favorite liquor, though I'll probably take a really good beer over any other sort of alcoholic beverage under most circumstances.

I'm pretty glad I never had much experience with cheap beer, pretty much immediately went for the more expensive stuff, and drank (so awesome) Smirnoff Ice before I turned 21.

What does Gin taste like? I always got the impression it was really dry, but everyone in the thread is saying it's super refreshing.

The type of alcohol is unimportant when you're in college. The thing to consider is how said alcohol is being consumed. For example, the first time you hook up with an upper classman at a party she's going to try and wow you with something like, "I'd like to drink this shot off your balls." You, of course, will immediately think, "Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god." But think it through, man. If you've recently done any sort of manscaping in said region, that particular sexual escapade will turn into a sexual exaholyshitthathurtssofuckingbadI'mgoingtokillthischicksgrandmother!

My ranking of beers I've had:

1. Rolling Rock
2. Miller Lite
3. Dos Equis
4. Natural Light
5. Keystone Light
6. Milwaukee's Best Ice

What would you recommend?

For imports, you won't go wrong with anything German with a fancy label. Domestically, I'm a big fan of Dogfish Head. I'm really more interested in all the different types of recipes and brews at this point though, and am trying to try a lot of new stuff and refine my palate currently. You can't go wrong with a good IPA. Also a fan of a good wheat brew. I try to see the local microbreweries and such are up to wherever I find myself. It's such a varied and interesting alcoholic world, and I'm hardly the most qualified to really talk about it at this stage.

For imports, you won't go wrong with anything German with a fancy label. Domestically, I'm a big fan of Dogfish Head. I'm really more interested in all the different types of recipes and brews at this point though, and am trying to try a lot of new stuff and refine my palate currently. You can't go wrong with a good IPA. Also a fan of a good wheat brew. I try to see the local microbreweries and such are up to wherever I find myself. It's such a varied and interesting alcoholic world, and I'm hardly the most qualified to really talk about it at this stage.

Right. I'm at a similar point, where the brands matter less than trying a million things to figure out general categories.

Blue Moon is enjoyable, however.

And Beast Ice should only be used in incredibly dangerous jungle juices. It's one of the main ingredients of our Blackout Punch (think Always Sunny and Riot Punch).

If The Sad Punk shows up in here, she's going to think she tripped into heaven.

My favorite beer is Heineken, but I'm sure I've mentioned that enough. I also really really like Saranac Summer Brew which is pretty much lemonade beer and is pretty awesome if you're into that sort of thing. Then there's a few other big name beers (Guinness, Shiner Boch, etc.) that I will go for fairly regularly as well.

The only big time American beer I really like is Miller High Life. That shit's pretty good.

6. Milwaukee's Best Ice

Hands down the worst beer I've ever had. There was a free case, and I had maybe a quarter of a can before deciding a nice glass of orange juice would be a better way to finish the night.

It is piss. Get your hands on some Natty Boh. One of the best cheap canned beers around, for what it's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom