New pic of Bono at court in Dublin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:giggle:

I've always thought Bono looked a little awkward in formal suits.

I've been wondering for ages what Lola Cashman looked like - thanks for the link.

:eyebrow: only 3500 euros worth of stuff and they've actually made it to trial? damn, he must really be pissed at her.

is their legal system much different than in the US?

EDIT: I'd missed the bit about the polaroids, lol

Yes, I wouldn't be surprised if it's really the Polaroids that are driving this. (Would love to see them.) :reject:

biff said:
Yes, I wouldn't be surprised if it's really the Polaroids that are driving this. (Would love to see them.:reject:)

Yes, I'm assuming so. It seems like for some old clothes and Bono's hat, they could've settled out of court....I wonder why she won't give them back...

U2Girl1978 said:
Ever read the book she wrote about them? She is a complete loon.

What does she say? I get the impression from the article (and reviews on amazon) that there's some real bullshit in it.
If the book is inaccurate, then it doesn't surprise me that they want to take he to court.

She really only talks about Bono but some of the stuff she wrote about the group made me raise my eyebrow. Like her friends talking crap about the group, implying that they were drug users, etc. etc. :|

U2Girl1978 said:
Ever read the book she wrote about them? She is a complete loon.

Yes, she showed that she had very little loyalty to the band, or common sense. Remember the bit where she "accidentally" gave the key to Bono's room to a couple of people she barely knew? And the time she and Mullen were confronted by some thugs and she stupidly gave them the finger, creating a really dangerous situation. The fact that she would mention these incidents in her own book showed what an idiot she was. Also, there were many factual errors, like her claiming that Bono met Bruce Springsteen for the first time in 1987 (they met years earlier), and saying that Bono wore women's (!) high heels at this "first" meeting so he would appear taller. I guess his usual high heeled boots just wouldn't do the trick.

Yeah, that book was surely one very stinky pile o' crap.

Bono says this lawsuit is not about the book, but you can't help but feel that's surely part of it. And who can blame him?

:drool: he looks really sexy in the suit
I can only imagine him trying to get himself situated into that thing though :lol:

I think bono and I have another thing in common
The ability to gain and lose weight ALL THE TIME
:rant:
I hate it :grumpy:
Im wondering about the polaroids though. lol

biff said:

Yes, she showed that she had very little loyalty to the band, or common sense. Remember the bit where she "accidentally" gave the key to Bono's room to a couple of people she barely knew? And the time she and Mullen were confronted by some thugs and she stupidly gave them the finger, creating a really dangerous situation. The fact that she would mention these incidents in her own book showed what an idiot she was. Also, there were many factual errors, like her claiming that Bono met Bruce Springsteen for the first time in 1987 (they met years earlier), and saying that Bono wore women's (!) high heels at this "first" meeting so he would appear taller. I guess his usual high heeled boots just wouldn't do the trick.

Yeah, that book was surely one very stinky pile o' crap.

Bono says this lawsuit is not about the book, but you can't help but feel that's surely part of it. And who can blame him?

She's such a biatch. :angry: She doesn't seem to get any facts straight. And then we have to read through a whole chapter of her being in Australia doing whatever. That has nothing to do with the band! :no:

Thanks for the links.

How funny. He doesn't even get that dressed up when he's meeting world leaders.

He does look great though. I hope some bigger pictures show up.:drool:

Sounds to me like this woman is a real nut case! She deserves all that she get's with being taken to court. The whole band doesn't deserve the way she's tried to disgrace them. Or exploit Bono's personal belongings that's just sick.

Hot, REALLY hot. You go, B-man! I think its great that celebrities are standing up and not taking shit from anyone, including the tabloids (or former employees trying to take advantage).

Bono looks SO utterly scrumptious in that suit, i could eat him!!!! :ohmy: :drool: :drool:

:combust: :combust: :combust:

You will no doubt be interested to learn that Bono actually took off his glasses while testifying. He's really being serious about this. Also, it's interesting that he used the word "blackmail". Nothing about the items being contested seems to suggest blackmail, a very serious offence, so there's clearly more going on here than meets the eye.:ohmy:

A former assistant stylist and assistant wardrobe person both told the court they had not been given items.

That sounds good for U2. If they had not been given anything, why would she?

:madspit: Ca$hman :madspit:

Cashman, who was also accused of claiming inappropriate expenses during the 1987 tour.

Definitely sounds like she's not the most honest employee in the world.

Last edited:
Boy, I hope bandmate Larry Mullen testifies, I'd LOVE to hear what he has to say! Can't shake the feeling that he's the one that Bono had to defend her against.

And IMAGINE having to get up in court and testify that you gain and lose weight all the time and that's why there are pants in different sizes!!! That was really out of context in the article, what on earth lead up to that in the transcript? Poor Bon.

And Lola honey, no reason your outside has to be as hideous as your inside -- PUT ON SOME MAKE UP!!!!

biff said:
You will no doubt be interested to learn that Bono actually took off his glasses while testifying. He's really being serious about this. Also, it's interesting that he used the word "blackmail". Nothing about the items being contested seems to suggest blackmail, a very serious offence, so there's clearly more going on here than meets the eye.:ohmy:

I'm assuming he meant that if they did not drop the case (which I think was filed before the book was published) that she would publish the book, which she did.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I love him so much-she musta really swung some:censored: to get him to bring it to court

I love all what he said about losing/putting on weight....
trousers fitting....

I :heart: Bono HE ROCKS:up:

biff said:

Yes, I'm sure there's much more to it than these articles are suggesting since the case being described in the articles is not something that would usually ever see a courtroom. I doubt it has much to do with the hat and other memorabilia. This is more than Bono wanting his hat and his pants back. Was this suit filed before her book came out, or are they going after her for libel as well?

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Yes, I'm sure there's much more to it than these articles are suggesting since the case being described in the articles is not something that would usually ever see a courtroom. I doubt it has much to do with the hat and other memorabilia. This is more than Bono wanting his hat and his pants back. Was this suit filed before her book came out, or are they going after her for libel as well?

I'm pretty sure they wanted to prevent her from auctioning the items before the book came out and contacted the auction house to let them know the items were for sale without their consent. I'm not sure the date they filed the suit.

kellyahern said:

I'm assuming he meant that if they did not drop the case (which I think was filed before the book was published) that she would publish the book, which she did.

If it was the threat of publishing the book that constituted the "blackmail", then it's hilarious that the worst she actually came up with was Bono's fluctuating weight and the fact that he's really insecure about his height. Either these rock stars on tour lived remarkably clean lives or she didn't have the close relationship with them (especially Bono) she portrayed herself as having, and hence didn't see what went on in their private circle. I suspect it's a bit of both. In any case, it wasn't the tell-all expose that she suggested it was going to be.

Back
Top Bottom