New Coldplay - "Mylo Xyloto", Oct 24

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...none of the mind-numbing obviousness of Waterfall's lyrics...

Yellow is hardly Dylan-esque, I think you'll agree. :wink:

I haven't heard Mylo yet, but I am sure that it will be a fun listen nonetheless. It has a lot of floundering to do if it is going to live up to the fetid reputation it has here already.

As far as Every Teardrop's lyrics...

It's not blatantly obvious as to what he's saying. So... I like the music. But unlike Hurts Like Heaven, I'm not cringing because I'm not really trying to listen to what he's saying. But really... just in terms of cliches/puns/metaphors/whatever you'd like to call them... I'd take "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall" over "Hurts like Heaven". Hurts like Heaven... hurts to hear that title.

iron yuppie said:
Yellow is hardly Dylan-esque, I think you'll agree. :wink:

Well, no. I wouldn't expect that from Martin. But there's not a single line in Yellow that makes me nauseous. In fact, it's very direct and effective. Waterfall tries to summarize everything that's good and wonderful in the world in a few minutes and explodes with cheese. Like Ricky Fitts, I can't take all that beauty.

american+beauty+bag.jpg

Just picked up a copy of Mylo Xyloto from me local, keen to slam the disc into the nearest CD player and give it a whirl. Pumped!

I pronounce it my-low zy-low-toe fwiw

Yeah I thought it was pretty obvious, Mylo Xyloto like Hello Moto.

But then again, posting on the internet and reading things in your head often leads to assumptions of pronunciation that can be wrong.

So many times with hockey players where I'd learn so much about them... I'd goof up there name and when I hear them playing I'd be like... he's saying it wrong! Frolik, Dadonov, etc. etc., Gudbranson, basically all your typical Florida Panthers prospects back in the day :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom