New Album Discussion (Will it be bigger than Zeppelin? Rush? Bon Jovi? Jesus? Allah?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe that the official version is not on youtube at all!

Yeah...I actually looked for the official video (which I love), but couldn't find it. In fact, it was that video that introduced me to U2. I was instantly captivated...four guys riding through beautiful, frozen Sweden on horses carrying a white flag...so impossibly earnest and so incredibly silly all at the same time. Ah, U2. Since the day I saw that video, New Year's Day has remained firmly entrenched in my U2 top 5.

A plaintive lament for all of us this time of year..."I, I will begin again..."

Can't believe that the official version is not on youtube at all!

I think that's due to Youtube's copyright shit. U2's official account should upload it, other accounts get copyright issues. I had all the U2 videos up, with the whole copyright U2, universal whatshowever, yet Youtube threatened to ban me... so I took them all down.

Some things seem to get a pass and others don't. Slane of course has been up there in its entirety forever but when I posted one cut from Popmart Mexico I got a threatening note from youtube inside 3 hours.

I just bought the "Turn off the Dark" soundtrack to tide me over until there's more real new U2 music. I really wish they'd release U2's version of "Boy Falls from the Sky". The live bootleg version has a few too many Edge flubs to enjoy much.

second u2 related piece in new HotPress.. extensive interview with McG

30 remarkable years: Why McGuinness has been good for U2 | Music | Interview | Hot Press

and of course we cant read because you have to have a subscription. There's an interview with U2 in the new issue too.. who knows what it says. maybe someone in Ireland can sneak a peak.

Luckily, I do have a SubscriptioN, And I'm happy to pass along some of the Relevant highlights, so no one is in the darK:

-"We decided pretty early on that Achtung Baby didn't need a remaster, the record sounds great just as it is. Yeah, we pumped up the volume a bit, but that's about it. I understand this caused some confusion in the fan community, outside of some very perceptive fans. For the life of me, I can't see why, we never said the damn thing was remastered".
-"The band and I pretty much consider Pop an unmitigated artistic and commercial disaster. We couldn't run away from it fast enough. Though we quite liked the remixes."

-"The band loves re-introducing older songs into the tour set lists. You can expect to hear a lot of beautiful stuff from The Unforgettable Fire and The Joshua Tree again on the next tour. And definitely Rattle & Hum. On the other hand, there are other songs, like Acrobat, Lady With the Spinning Head and MOFO, that they'll never play again".

"The new record will be released in February March April "Spring" and the band will tour clubs arenas stadiums carnivals weddings bar-mitzvahs all of the above. You can expect to hear the announcement during the Superbowl."

"U2 has been influenced by many other bands over the years, but if I had to pick one band who was the most influential? Hmmmm. Easy: RUSH"

-"The fact is, U2 wouldn't be here today if a guy named Nick hadn't saved Larry's life early on...back around the time of the October photo shoot, I think. Something to do with some streets toughs getting the jump on our drummer. Every U2 fan, especially those on U2 message boards, owe that guy a debt of gratitude. Anonymous hero he was. Good looking too. So, Nick, wherever and whoever you are, on behalf of the band and U2 fans everywhere, cheers mate."
You're welcome Paul. You're welcome.

Some things seem to get a pass and others don't. Slane of course has been up there in its entirety forever but when I posted one cut from Popmart Mexico I got a threatening note from youtube inside 3 hours.

Probably because Slane is a popular show who's sales would not be hurt in the same way by posting all or parts of Popmart Mexico.

Probably because Slane is a popular show who's sales would not be hurt in the same way by posting all or parts of Popmart Mexico.

It has nothing to do with sales or any of that. If the Slane show is up there, it's because Youtube hasn't gotten a copyright infringement notice on it...and if they haven't, it's just because the copyright holder isn't aware of it.

Nick. As much as I hate everything you just wrote, well played sir.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

Golden Globes are a little under two weeks away.. do best song nominees perform?

It has nothing to do with sales or any of that. If the Slane show is up there, it's because Youtube hasn't gotten a copyright infringement notice on it...and if they haven't, it's just because the copyright holder isn't aware of it.

The Copyright holder for both shows is the same. They are definitely aware of it as well as other things. Given that, its the sales which makes them decide what to crack down on or not. They protect the product that would be hurt most by youtube exposure.

The Copyright holder for both shows is the same. They are definitely aware of it as well as other things. Given that, its the sales which makes them decide what to crack down on or not. They protect the product that would be hurt most by youtube exposure.

Not for either of those (Popmart or Slane), or any of them anymore really, even 360 Rose Bowl. For a certain period they will protect consumer transactional sales, and then further protect any potential paid broadcast/on-demand licensing, but after a while, not really (they would of course like to, but resources etc). All of that older U2 content would simply just be very very low priority, and to get an infringement notice while so much more remains (including loads of other uploads straight off the Popmart DVD) is just random ‘luck’ really.

Not for either of those (Popmart or Slane), or any of them anymore really, even 360 Rose Bowl. For a certain period they will protect consumer transactional sales, and then further protect any potential paid broadcast/on-demand licensing, but after a while, not really (they would of course like to, but resources etc). All of that older U2 content would simply just be very very low priority, and to get an infringement notice while so much more remains (including loads of other uploads straight off the Popmart DVD) is just random ‘luck’ really.

Yep.

New Album Discussion (Will it be bigger than Zeppelin? Rush? Bon Jovi? Jesus?...

Does anyone know when it is announced who has purchased Superbowlcommercials?

Sent via legilimency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom