New album discussion: After despair comes acceptance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Funny how the new rolling stone issue has a spring music preview and U2 is one of the bands with a longer 4 paragraph article about their forthcoming album TBA in the spring lol. The article is from like 2-3 weeks ago so yeah guess even rolling stone gets it wrong.

That just tells you how sudden this decision to push back must have been. I'll bet it's not just us--I'll bet most of the people working closely with the band were gutted when the rug was pulled out.

Wouldn't it be funny if it got delayed to 2016?

You know, at this point they might as well. Spend the next couple years actually working on two albums (or even one amazing one) and release it Sept of 2016 to mark 40 years. Make a big event out of it.

I wouldn't be surprised now if Steve Lillywhite was called in to help finish the record. We're looking at another Atomic Bomb type situation where no two songs are by the same producer(s). Too many cooks can spoil the broth or every meal needs some seasoning? I'm not sure which we'll get.

These are turbulent times in U2 land.:ohmy:

Over at U2start forums someone has scanned a newspaper article saying "U2 Split Fears - Fans Tell Band To "Go With Dignity". Looks like it's on the front page too. Can't make out anything else.
Holy crap. Not exactly good publicity.

1890985_653399478030970_2126526291_n.jpg

Is there an online link? I'm not familiar with that paper. Is it an actual source or a rumor mill?

Wonder if this will force their hand into an announcement.

No !

The Billboard article IS the announcement - an Interscope representative would not pass on any news with this impact without the knowing of U2 ... but it is strange anyway .. as Label staff in Europe were surprised as well , as they had the info (last week) that an album release would be possible in fall 2014 ..

Surely they'll have to address this. This may force them to actually give us a direct answer.

Maybe Bono can tell the fans who have their panties in a wad to "f*** off, we don't need them"
Wouldn't that be cool?

Well, by any accounts this has been a pretty terrible few day's in the history of U2. I'm beginning to wonder if all 70 (859 or 1232) songs that Bono claimed they had in differing levels of completion all suck? I'm wondering if the songs from DM sessions are as terrible as the Rubin sessions? What puzzles me is how quickly this fell apart, it went from talking about release dates and tour schedules to this. I'm wondering when Mercer, DM's partner in crime said all of those positive things about the new album's songs was just lip service being fed to U2 by proxy from DM.

I'm wondering alot...:hmm:

Anyway alot of great music from alot of different bands out there right now and my concert schedule seems to be filling up quite nicely this year, not much we can do otherwise. :shrug:

Ryan Tedder's touring schedule with OneRepublic is pretty busy this year, but there is a 2 month gap between the European/US legs taking place between the end of March and the end of May, and then another month long gap in July. Maybe he will work with U2 during these times.

Danger Mouse's Broken Bells schedule seems to be freeing up after April, with them only playing the occasional festival throughout the summer.

My guess is Danger Mouse is still going to be the principal producer, Tedder has been brought in to polish a few of the "singles" when he has time, and Epsworth is more or less engineering, mixing, and doing some light production while DM is on tour.

The interview with Bono at the Oscars lead us to believe they had some kind of masterplan involving 2 albums and all that. Now nothing? Now just more indefinite waiting? Something went haywire in the last couple weeks.

"sparked fury"? apart from a few die-hard fans on internet message boards, i don't see any fury - sensationalist tabloids can fuck off

sure it might be incredibly annoying for the producers and others involved in the process, but if the band need to tweak, they should take all the time they need - it is their work and their name they're putting out there after all and they need to be 100% cool about it... the fans can wait, i mean, we're not exactly going anywhere lol

Something went haywire in the last couple weeks.

This is my biggest question.... another thread a poster said maybe the songs weren't translating live too well or they were having a hard time replicating the sound... I guess this could make sense. Just seems like a huge disconnect somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom