Narrow minded or just a fan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman

New Yorker
I have found myself being haunted by flower child (in a nice way). I just cant stop singin it. It is very Kinks like in feel and sound to my ears. Now, am not really a kinks fan in any way, shape or form.
This got me thinkin, take songs like two shots of happy, flower child, LuminousTimes and so on, I really love em but wonder is it just because its u2 that i like em, as i am not sure i would give em much time otherwise. While it can be argued that two shots is not a kick in the ass of being love is blindness, the swing/big band feel of it is not something I would normally enjoy.
So question is this..........does this make me narrow minded (musically) or just a big fan of u2?

gman said:
I have found myself being haunted by flower child (in a nice way). I just cant stop singin it. It is very Kinks like in feel and sound to my ears. Now, am not really a kinks fan in any way, shape or form.
This got me thinkin, take songs like two shots of happy, flower child, LuminousTimes and so on, I really love em but wonder is it just because its u2 that i like em, as i am not sure i would give em much time otherwise. While it can be argued that two shots is not a kick in the ass of being love is blindness, the swing/big band feel of it is not something I would normally enjoy.
So question is this..........does this make me narrow minded (musically) or just a big fan of u2?

I sometimes think like that too. It sort of triggered when I heard Manic Street Preachers' Your Love Alone Is Not Enough, and I thought, "This is rubbish! Mindless drivel..." Then I got thinking, "Is this what Vertigo would have sounded like to a non-fan?" I honestly couldn't tell you if it is just being a U2 fan that you like their songs, but I have my doubts about sitting a non-fan down to the band's more abstract work and actually have them tolerate it. Or at least, that's the impression I get from the musical tastes of the people I know.

Back
Top Bottom