Nar Nar Goon, Victoria, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OH! Then what the hell does Carn mean?

(Hooray, this means I can support Hawthorn in this game for their superior unis alone and feel no guilt!)

Oh my god what awful, awful rape and torture did Mick Malthouse threaten the Pies with to inspire them to do THAT to Adelaide in the final quarter! 11.3?!

They are still the best team in the competition when on song. I'd daresay their peak > Geelong's peak.

It was always going to happen and we weren't the first victim.

No, wait, I didn't. Excellent. Well, Travis isn't happy, but...:shrug: :wink:

And now I'm off to bed. Today has been such an emotional drain on me, and I need all the rest I can get before Junior Church and I meet again. Tomorrow the kids are to wrap an apple in newspaper with rubber bands, using their hands behind their backs. I'm not sure exactly why either, but I'm sure this is going to be a disaster.

Morning Superthread! :wave:

US superthreadheads, I'm thinking of buying some Canucks gear off the net (for real this time) IceJerseys.com has free shipping to the US at the moment, but I'm wondering if its going to be "cheaper" to just have them shipped out straight away anyways.

I just want them to come in time, assuming all goes well on Tuesday for the Cup finals :D /notgettingheadofmyselfjustasktheblackhawks

Huh! I've never even heard of there, or the league. Who knew!

a) The Ice House thing just makes me think of Icehouse, the '80s-tastic Aussie band.

b) I'm pretty sure it's at the feet of the maybe-not-defunct-anymore Observation Wheel's legs... I think I've seen some ice-related building as I've driven over the Bolte bridge, anyway.

What's the betting that about a week after the Melbourne Eye re-opens, it closes again?

Yeah, not too bad here. Had a scare with my leave at work, thought for a bit that they wouldn't let me take September off, but it's all okay now. *phew*

*L* Yes, but what will be the excuse for it closing this time? Heat stress? Cold stress? Emotional stress?

btw, NHL.com absolutely sucks. Your going to charge me a shitload for shipping international anyway, and then chuck on another $20 international handling fee...what is this, ticketbastard?

Expect a PM Ashley/Jess and co. :wink:

I think it will be too depressed and just roll off into the sun set. It should be replaced by the claw, seriously.

I wholeheartedly endorse this. I reckon they'd make a lot more money giving Claw tours than over-rated ferris wheel rides!

That's bollocks about the international handling fee... it's no harder to put things in a box bound for Australia than one for NY or whatever.

In other news, the Essendon/Hawthorn game of June 24 (a Friday night) is approaching... I don't suppose you or any other Victorian Superthreaders would be interested in joining me/us and evening out the fact that I'll be going with two Essendon supporters? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom