Nar Nar Goon, Victoria, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep, got a pulse. I think this is one of those bored-with-life things.

How come Ax?

We're going up to Queensland for a Kyuss gig and to visit my Mum for Mother's Day. I just like flying less and less every year really ... the amount of eustachian tube problems I've had make flying a risky proposition sometimes (re: painful descents, hearing not coming back after flight).

Also, AAAAHAHAHAHA GOLD COAST SUNS AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

AaaaaaahahahaHAHAHAHA.

HA.

HA.

HA HA HA.

Hey, at least they beat Port.

Though even last week won't save them from embarrassment.

Are you serious? Again, I thought this was a band you were already a huge fan. Get on it man.

Are you serious? Again, I thought this was a band you were already a huge fan. Get on it man.

Nah, seen their name around a few times, some of the descriptions sound quite alluring while others seem to be written from the same code that says "Ax won't like it much". Will get to it!

Flying Spaghetti Monster help me, I've become a fan of atmospheric industrial metal.

This is somehow Axver's influence, I just know it.

How's it my fault when I wouldn't know the first thing about industrial!

Though the atmospheric and metal parts, sure, I'll cop that.

Last night in Adelaide, some asshole's rampage left three people murdered and a teen and cop both seriously injured.

AdelaideNow's heading entirely consists of Royal Wedding bullshit, and the top three news stories are all about the fucking wedding.

Oh, and haven't over 300 people died in the States? Who cares, they don't live in a fancy palace.

Belatedly - this is all kinds of fucked up. Even Triple J ran the bloody wedding story before the shooting and the tornadoes. :|

If you were just following The Age, you'd know the tornados happened, but you'd be totally oblivious to the true scale.

I imagine the same is true of other Aussie rags, but I don't exactly check The Australian, let alone the Hun.

To be fair - the royal wedding is the biggest story. I agree that it's a bit NQR that it takes precedence over shootings, stabbings, those tornados, etc, but in the end newspapers are a business, and they're after the most papers sold/most hits on their websites. The hype around the wedding has been entirely created by the media, and that doesn't sit right with me because I couldn't give two fucks apart from the fact Pippa Middleton looked pretty hot, but it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that it takes precedence.

Seriously, I just don't understand how the royal wedding is such a big story. It's a total non-event. But I guess I don't mix with the kind of vapid people who care about that sort of tripe.

You're kidding me. I hadn't looked at the score yet, just saw everyone laughing hysterically.

How do you define a "big" story? The wedding was hyped by BY the media, so if it's "big", it's because they made it big. People being shot dead, or killed in the worst outbreak of tornadoes in decades should be (and are) big, newsworthy stories in their own right.

I suppose if you're cynical, neither royal weddings nor disasters in other places affect most people personally, but I think that human tragedies are worth more coverage than some foreign couple's wedding.

I also understand that many people want fluff, and weddings make for happier news than death and destruction... and I daresay the various news agencies are wary of disaster fatigue in the general population.

Also, Gold Coast's percentage is about 44%.

... bahahahaha.

Someone told me that Ablett's captaincy is being questioned... if the team as a whole is that shit, no captain can save them. Critics will just have to wait until they ARE a team before they can start blaming people.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom