MUSE Part 5, where fan boys are welcomed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
should really start looking at places to meet up before hand. mia and i have seats... i know there are a bunch of fried chicken places :crack: i'll need to ask around to see what else may be in the vicinity.

wahh.. I have GAs for the NY show.. Not sure about after cuz my son is gonna be at the show too.. PM me and we can exchange cell numbers.

Awesome jersey shots there! Matt in his-LOL, awwww. I totally sympathize with the poor guy about shirt sizes :hug: :p. No surprise it'd fit Chris fine, though-he's the sort of guy who just looks right sporting a jersey. He's got the perfect "jock" build for it. Very cool shirts :up:.

Glad you had a good time seeing them, liz :).

I did, then I scrunched down in my seat while my non Muse loving friends looked at me as if I had just lost my mind. :reject:

Aw :hug:. Wouldn't have been the case if we were there with you! That's pretty neat when they pop up like that.

I saw a commercial for a new version of "Guitar Hero" yesterday with "Uprising" playing in the background. I also recall hearing that song in a commercial for the movie 'Knight and Day' that came out some time back, and "Resistance" was played during a commercial for some other show on Fox once. Nice to see some people out there are noticing them.

And thanks for the link to the ACL interview, I'll watch that shortly here.

Angela

I saw a commercial for a new version of "Guitar Hero" yesterday with "Uprising" playing in the background. I also recall hearing that song in a commercial for the movie 'Knight and Day' that came out some time back, and "Resistance" was played during a commercial for some other show on Fox once. Nice to see some people out there are noticing them.

And thanks for the link to the ACL interview, I'll watch that shortly here.

Angela

Their songs have been getting quite a lot of airplay lately, although it's probably only Muse fans who recognize them. :lol:

what do you have? GAs or seats?

GA baby!
headbang.gif
No queuing though, because I won't be arriving until about 3-4 depending on traffic.

Their songs have been getting quite a lot of airplay lately, although it's probably only Muse fans who recognize them. :lol:

GA baby!
headbang.gif
No queuing though, because I won't be arriving until about 3-4 depending on traffic.

ok.... u got my digits.. give me a text or something. I only have GAs for NY. Not sure when I am lining up. We are driving up thursday nite and leaving sunday (i know i am going to really regret not going to the NJ show, cuz something will happen I just know it but hubby wants to go back).

The venue is 2 blocks from the Newark train station. But, I have no knowledge of the eateries in the area. Anyone coming from NYC or taking the train comes through Hoboken. Would anyone like to meet up here? I'll be leaving for Newark approx 2pm, if not later. I have GA, but am in no hurry!

9 days!:hyper: then on to Voodoo Fest...

I'm local to Long Island (or New York as you all are calling it).

1. Do not consider the location of the venue as being anywhere near a city or in a city or close to New York City. Its an old, crappy building in the middle of a parking lot that needs to be torn down and replaced.
2. There is no convenient way to get to this place unless you have a car.
3. Good luck trying to use LIRR that weekend also. No service.
4. Traffic?? There won't be that much traffic getting to the Coliseum unless you decide to show up 1 hour before showtime or less. There might be traffic coming through NYC, but you should be lucky this show is on a Saturday.

I have never been to a concert at Nassau Coliseum only hockey games. Well maybe you could call the Wiggles a concert...

Typical Long Island food fare is fast food, pizza places and diners.

I would think the Newark show at the Prudential Center would be hell of a lot easier to get to for out-of-towners.

Does anyone still play GuitarHero anymore. I thought it was just RockBand now. They should be on RockBand.

You are arriving at 3-4 and aren't queueing??? That sound like queueing to me.

I loved the MSG show which only had the front pit. Got there right before Silversun Pickups got on stage and were close enough. I was amazed how full the pit was though. Most other non-U2 bands you can show up when the opening band shows up and get pretty close...

ok.... u got my digits.. give me a text or something. I only have GAs for NY. Not sure when I am lining up. We are driving up thursday nite and leaving sunday (i know i am going to really regret not going to the NJ show, cuz something will happen I just know it but hubby wants to go back).

:up: Will do. Hopefully both nights will be equally rocking in their own special way. :hyper:

The venue is 2 blocks from the Newark train station. But, I have no knowledge of the eateries in the area. Anyone coming from NYC or taking the train comes through Hoboken. Would anyone like to meet up here? I'll be leaving for Newark approx 2pm, if not later. I have GA, but am in no hurry!

9 days!:hyper: then on to Voodoo Fest...

I have absolutely no idea what eateries are in the area, but I would imagine there should be a few because it's in a downtown area, right? A meet up before the show sounds great, but I'm not sure what time I'll be in Newark.

You are arriving at 3-4 and aren't queueing??? That sound like queueing to me.

Arriving in Long Island, not at venue.

:huh: not sure if I will be able to swing Raleigh now. There is an audit coming up and some big whigs coming into town the week of the show. At this moment, I do not see how I can swing this.

crap! this so sux.. I hope you can find a way to still go.. Here's to hoping.. *crossesfingers*

:sad::sad::sad: I am not going to Voodoo Fest now, which has me so bummed out you don't even know. Flights to New Orleans are outrageous so we can't swing it.. However, we are giving our tix to my nieces,and nephew who live there. Very nice xmas presents for them..

:crack:
okay, it is has been worked out. These mid week concerts are a bad idea but I will be able to make it as planned. Just spoke to my mgr and hr mgr about this in terms of work schedule. I am still thinking about switching the flight times to make this work better but I would have to pay an additional $109 for the change.

okay, it is has been worked out. These mid week concerts are a bad idea but I will be able to make it as planned. Just spoke to my mgr and hr mgr about this in terms of work schedule. I am still thinking about switching the flight times to make this work better but I would have to pay an additional $109 for the change.

well this is great news.. glad it got worked out.. :up:

yeah, but now I am starting to feel ridiculous about my fandom. I think I entered my midlife crisis several years ahead of time. :|

aww.. don't be silly.. it's not that.. :hug: It's no different than what we do for U2.. It just a :heart: for the band and the music and all that goes with it.. Do what makes you happy and this is one of those things.. Certainly is for me..

yeah, but now I am starting to feel ridiculous about my fandom. I think I entered my midlife crisis several years ahead of time. :|

Please don't feel that way. :heart:

I don't do much besides go to work and worry, about everything. So whatever I find that makes me happy, whether it's U2, Muse or Harry Potter...
I consider moving heaven and earth for! :lol:

I don't do much besides go to work and worry, about everything. So whatever I find that makes me happy, whether it's U2, Muse or Harry Potter...

:up:

Midlife crisis - where? You're doing what makes you happy, which is traveling & seeing live shows. There's an age cutoff for enjoying one's self? :no:

What's ridiculous is going through life not enjoying the fruits of your labor because somebody else may not understand or appreciate your enthusiasm for whatever it is that revives & inspires you. You work, you pay your bills, & you support yourself - you don't owe anyone an explanation or justification of how you spend your money or time. So keep doing what you love - you'll hate yourself more if you let someone else take that away from you.

:hug:

(p.s. Yaaaaay for not having to cnc Raliegh!! And just let me know if anything changes - as it stands, Kelly & I plan on picking you up around 5pm or so to grab some dinner before the show.)

:sad::sad::sad: I am not going to Voodoo Fest now, which has me so bummed out you don't even know. Flights to New Orleans are outrageous so we can't swing it.. However, we are giving our tix to my nieces,and nephew who live there. Very nice xmas presents for them..

That is a shame, but at least you will make your nieces and nephew happy :applaud:

Yay!!!! :up:

That's where I am right now. My co-workers thinks it's odd that someone would travel to attend a concert, however they find nothing wrong with following two of our local sports teams all over the country. Go figure. :shrug:

What's ridiculous is going through life not enjoying the fruits of your labor because somebody else may not understand or appreciate your enthusiasm for whatever it is that revives & inspires you. You work, you pay your bills, & you support yourself - you don't owe anyone an explanation or justification of how you spend your money or time. So keep doing what you love - you'll hate yourself more if you let someone else take that away from you.

:yes:

Thanks Lisa, I will let you know if the flight time changes but as of this moment everything has stayed the same.

Thanks for the responses but I still feel silly.

No silliness aloud. You are good company. :D

Everyone has their passions, their loves. As long as you know how to keep the balance between this and everything else, go for it! There's no "age limit" to loving something and having fun. If I had the money and means, believe me, I'd DEFINITELY be traipsing everywhere I could, be it for Muse, U2, or anyone else I enjoy that I want to see live. You're certainly not alone in this, I guarantee it.

Happy to hear you're still able to go to the Raleigh show as of now! Go. Have fun. Party it up and rock your heart out :) :hug:!

In the other vein, U2Fanatic, sorry to hear that about Voodoo Fest :( :hug:. Maybe next time.

Angela

Saw Muse for the first time last week in Columbus. I certainly won't be the last time I see them! Great musicianship, great visual effects, great crowd interactions and songs meant to be epic arena sing-a-longs... these guys have it all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom