Muse Cont'd.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was outside the catwalk on the rail both nites and most people around me didn't know of them and I of course filled them in and said they were in for a awesome performance. A friend of my friend julie, a long time u2 fan since the early 80s said: "That has to be the best supporting band ever that has opened for U2" he was very impressed. Others after their performance were all about getting their music(especially impressed by matt's guitar skills and dom's mad drummer skills) and were going to check them out on itunes.. I knew this would happen. Them opening for U2 is going to send them into orbit here in the US I just know it!

I don't know, having been up in the stands, those that were there that weren't initiated didn't seem to enjoy it all that much, I think they kind of assualt the audience more than win over new fans, it'll get a few more people to know them, but it isn't going to launch them to the kind of fame they have in the UK, unfortunately if anything like that that were to happen it would be due to their continued courtship with the Twilight movies.

Another note about their performance Thursday, United States of Eurasia sounds way better live, I couldn't stand that track before but again it took on much more life.

Thanks for the vids Pop Artist!! Glad you ahd a great time U2Fanatic4ever. :D Though it was to be expected.

:hyper: I cannot wait to see these boys live.

I don't know, having been up in the stands, those that were there that weren't initiated didn't seem to enjoy it all that much, I think they kind of assualt the audience more than win over new fans, it'll get a few more people to know them, but it isn't going to launch them to the kind of fame they have in the UK, unfortunately if anything like that that were to happen it would be due to their continued courtship with the Twilight movies.

Another note about their performance Thursday, United States of Eurasia sounds way better live, I couldn't stand that track before but again it took on much more life.

maybe that is what it was like for that part of the show-stands.. but i was on the floor and the vibe among the people around me were pretty pumped and like I said many after were so impressed by them. I am not saying this is going to make them surpass their popularity in europe but it surely is going to make it a lot harder to get Muse tix here in the US when their tour comes around late this year or early next year.

I disagree with you on the Twlight movies.. I don't think that this is going to be the major source of a surge in their popularity here..

What's that about The Fly riff? Which part of The Fly? :hyper:

Undisclosed Desires is teh sexeh, but I've heard a few early live renditions and my impression was that they really needed to beef that song up - it sounded a tad too thin compared to the album version.

It was right before they kicked off Uprising on the 23rd, but I can't find any other clips from that night that that include it. :sad:

YouTube - 9/23/09 Muse - Uprising

I disagree with you on the Twlight movies.. I don't think that this is going to be the major source of a surge in their popularity here..

I kinda suspect that the Twilight connection was the only reason they got that gig on the VMAs a few weeks ago. And Supermassive Black Hole video got something like 10,000,000 more hits on YouTube after it was used in the first film.

Big Day Out line up will be announced this Tuesday, I hope Muse will be on it! :hyper: Although I also hope that they bring a full production some time later next year as well... I want to see the cubes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom