MP3 of New Version

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mebythesea said:

I have cut the beginning DJ and the music at the end out -- it's not *completely* clean, but better than what was on U2 France. The file is now being shared on on New Media as

Electrical Storm (no DJ US radio).

It is 4.98 MB.

The version that we heard earlier had a much softer beginning with Bono and simple guitar. I am assuming that is the Orbit version??

I don't have New Media. Does anyone else have it on their site or ftp?

BTW, the Orbit mix is the supposed "Demo".

zoocarolina said:
If you have Kazaa, I found 5 downloads on there and they all have different lengths!!!! Very interesting and a good way to get multiple versions/edits. I guess we won't officially know which is a radio edit/single mix/album version until the singles!!!

Actually, not one of these versions works, as best I can tell. They're all just a loop of Bono repeating the chorus over and over. Nice. :tsk:

Well I have the demo and the u2france one on my ftp.. but I cant find any good ones on New Media.. New Media makes me :rant:

Okay, I just heard it again on Edge 102.1 and what they played is definately a different version than what's on U2france.

Personally, I like the version from u2france best.

so mikal.. did you actually hear what the dj referred to as the william orbit mix, or are you just assuming?

ramblin rose said:
Okay, I just heard it again on Edge 102.1 and what they played is definately a different version than what's on U2france.

Is it different from the BBC1 verson??? Are there two versions?? Or three?? :confused:

*head explodes for tenth time*

This verion is all about contrast. Quieter verses, and more powerful bridges and choruses with powerchords.

Also like the synths added at the end!

I miss the ringie dingies in the intro. :)

Also, Bono's singing of the octave lower 'electrical storm' is much louder on this version. Almost equal to the falsetto.

A little more AAA than AC.

Mark

MadelynIris said:
http://www.u2world.com/links/

See mp3 links at bottom. Belgium link seems to work the best.

This is the same as the U2France version. It is identified as the Orbit mix on the link, but the DJ at the beginning actually explicitly says it is *not* the Orbit mix.

I have heard 3 versions: the BBC demo, this one from U2France and u2world, and the one that was played on Edge102.com.

::head explodes::

So wait, someone 'splain me this...
Is this a TOTALLY different version from the others?
Cause I have it recorded.....
buuuut, I could only record it as a .wav, so it's a huuuuge file.

:shifty: If someone wants to donate use of their FTP I s'pose I can upload it...it'll take a while (*kicks dial-up*)

ramblin rose said:

Personally, I like the version from u2france best.

I knew it, I bet its the same radio version I heard here in cali.

I like the u2france one best too.

Ultraviolet Light said:
So wait, someone 'splain me this...
Is this a TOTALLY different version from the others?
Cause I have it recorded.....
buuuut, I could only record it as a .wav, so it's a huuuuge file.

:shifty: If someone wants to donate use of their FTP I s'pose I can upload it...it'll take a while (*kicks dial-up*)

Upload it to mine.. and I'll convert it to mp3.

ftp://u2:mofo@sicy.interference.com:21000

Is the radio version?

The one they played on XRT -- that's the crispest version I heard yet! It's freaking awesome!

Sort of feels like 2000 all over again...too bad there will only be two new songs this time.

Okay, it's uploaded....but I don't think it worked.
It's a .cda file
*not computer literate*

*edit: sicy, you can delete that....gonna try something else

Last edited:
Okay, it's on it's way now...
it says there's uhh...30 minutes left. heh.
Hopefully it'll work this time

I listened to the five files I downloaded from Kazaa and 3 were the loop of the chorus over and over again and one was the radio version that I heard tonight. All right, I've heard the bbc, the radio version, the funky looping chorus, but not the U2France. Is the U2France the demo or something different?? If one of you has it on an ftp, a la Sicy, let me know the file name so I won't get confused with the rest of the versions I have. This has been a fun night!

I like both the demo and the radio version, each one has some good qualities, but the radio version does flow better and seem more tight!

Heading to bed, catch up with you folks tomorrow!

Have a good night with sweet Electrical Storm Dreams!

Just saw the U2 France version on your ftp Sicy and I'm loading, let me know if it's different than the others...

Thanks for all of your hard work and to all of you, thanks for the up to the second ES happennings!!!

:yes: :yes:
:D :D

It's done.
It's called ESedge102, in the uploads folder
I think it's something like 43MB :eek:
Hopefully it'll shrink when it's converted to an mp3

wow the XRT version is really good. i love it. so basically through all this confusion about how many versions there are, there are only really 2 versions? the william orbit version which is the demo that was leaked the other day, and this version, XRT right?

and the people that claimed the demo wasn't rocking, this version is more rocking.

Last edited:
Actually, I think there are three. I'm can't be sure since I haven't heard the version that was played on 107 The Edge earlier. . But I've been told it's different form both the BBC version and the version at u2france (the XRT version). I dunno. :shrug:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom