Mousehole, Cornwall, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now THIS is what I went to France to photograph. :drool:

s640x480

(It doesn't get faster than this. Literally. A TGV has set the speed record for a train. 578km/h I think. Might've been a couple of km/h either way.)

And to me, despite the awful lighting, this shot feels very French:

s640x480

I don't think I've received any Christmas cards, though I think I probably sent the Adelaide address, which might be why.

Or I just didn't get any. :depressed:

Railfans often call the front of a train "the pointy end", and we're not kidding in this case!

The cab windows at the front are largely aesthetics too (at least as far as operating on specific high speed lines goes). The driver doesn't actually need to look out the window - and for a very good reason, as the train goes too fast for signals to be read. Signalling information is instead sent to the driver electronically.

Lo, I have read the whole respectable rpg.

I may have brain damage.

Daaamn. I mean, I read it all at the time, but in one go? Respectable brain damage, that.

I don't think I've received any Christmas cards, though I think I probably sent the Adelaide address, which might be why.

Or I just didn't get any. :depressed:

You didn't even give me any address. :(

I could totally do you a New Year's card!

I need to deliver a thing into your posession somehow, Bonnie... in person or by post, and I can accompany this with a card of some description!

I could go for all manner of things, none of which I actually have.

This means lazy napoli sauce is probably going to be made in the next half hour.

Nah, it's okay! I've still got the one from last year, which is worth treasuring for many more to come.

Haha, cool. I think I do have to do a New Year's card for Cin, at her insistence. :laugh:

(Because I totally fear her wrath.)

Book Review: Corn Flakes with John Lennon and Other Tales from a Rock N' Roll Life

I think it goes without saying that you couldn't think of a better title for a book.

I really hope this guy also had orange juice with those cornflakes.

I think I should go investigate food...

I really should have had a shower today. Or at least put on a clean t-shirt.

:wave: Respectable new years to you all!

Is it bad that this line jumped out at me?

"... and the band seemed to respect him all the more for it."

Given what you just read IN FULL, no, I think that's entirely natural. :laugh:

Unrelated note: I'm just uploading some photos from my first evening in Geneva, and these birds are totally the cutest.

s640x480

s640x480

My tuf brain damage also led me to look at the duck's nest and think that tuf bono would devour that in a millisecond.

Toodles :)

Soon as I saw the nest, I thought if any bird dared to do that on the banks of any waterbody in the middle of a major Aussie city, bogans would destroy it.

See you, Alison! :wave:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom