Mousehole, Cornwall, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oooh it's time!

What've you got for the celebration, Cin?

:applaud:15,000 SUPERTHREAD POSTS:

:steps up to podium clutching paper to chest nervously with a little tear in my eye a la Gwyneth in her pink Oscars dress:

Let me cast my mind back a little to the very beginning for me. I'd found a friendly girl to chat to named Jen. She invited me to this odd little thread where the people seemed friendly enough. We discovered we went to the same school, slightly different years but what the hey, a bond was formed and I jumped into the thread.
Soon enough there was a gathering to attend. . . U23D. What on earth would these internet folk be like in real life? Was it strange that I was going to Melbourne to spend a night with folks I'd never actually seen in the flesh? Maybe a little. . .The ice was well and truly broken with Ax that night :evil: Good times
aussieposse.jpg

The months wore on, the Superthread folks became my best buds. It all passed in a blur of picspams
P1010002.jpg
, I found a hat buddy in Andy
P1010005.jpg
iSketch, ham wine, respect, corruption, the lulz ensued.

Then life went a little pear shaped. This place was an escape from reality, a place where I could speak freely, get it all out in the open. Voice my doubts and fears, hopes, be a complete idiot sometimes. . . . often :p:coocoo: You guys could have :tsk:ed and really come down hard on me but you didn't. Everyone of you gave me a little word of encouragement here and there, listened and gave good advice, never telling me what to do or judging, just being real friends. And to makes things even better you came to my home town. :love: It may have been to fulfill a superthread criteria but who cares.
youyangs.jpg

:hears band start playing "get off" music:

Even when there was no-one around the thread would be there, just waiting for me to whore it up in the early hours of the morning when normal folks were still sleeping.

:band getting louder:

So. . . thankyou superthread and superthreaders esp Ax :hug:. 15,000 posts of oversharing and silliness that have saved my sanity.

:model attempts to lead me off stage as band gets louder:
Lastly thanks to MrCin for letting me waste my life away here, blissfully unaware of the goings on. . . .and to this guy for sticking around.
tongue.jpg

:I LOVE YOU SUPERTHREAD

Oh that was the nicest post! :love: Cin :love:

(That photo of me strikes again! :laugh: I love that one of you and the kitchen, Cin. It's hilarious.)

Oh, and the You Yangs thing, that it was a Superthread location was just a happy co-incidence. I think we chose it because I was going mental having not seen much outside of Melbourne, and wanted to do something outside of urban areas. It was conveniently near you and Jen, I'd been meaning to go there in the past, and the fact it was a Superthread location was a total bonus but we'd have done it anyway.

So when's the next milestone?
:moves spotlight to someone else:

Well, we've a few people closing in on 10,000 ...

LM: 9,617
Shepp Daniel: 9,351
Jen: 9,118

Daniel's been posting the most lately, so I reckon he's most likely to hit the big five figures first out of them.

The You Yangs thing was great! Lots of happy memories from the whole day.

Yes! We totally need to do another thing soon.

G'night! :wave:

Oh, and by the way ...

s640x480

And the Axver slice of your hometown!

s640x480

(Uploaded them both only a few days ago. Finally.)

Hah, touche. Though the last time I was up overnight, I then slept 17 hours. :lol:

Wey hey! :hyper:

I totally think the the year should officially start on the 2nd, when everyone isn't still drunk/hungover/overtired as hell. I feel so much better now!

I totally think the year should start when I mentally catch up to it. :wink:

Still 2009 in my mind. I've probably accidentally written 2007 on some form recently enough!

I know a guy who, last year, signed and dated a form 2003. :lol:

:lmao:

I just transferred over the photos I took (very drunkenly) on NYD morning, after I climbed out of my window to "watch the sunrise".

What the hell was I doing!

p1070849z.jpg

Back
Top Bottom