Most Overrated U2 Song vs Most Underrated U2 Song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Underrated: Elvis Presley and America, Dirty Day, A Sort Of Homecoming, One Step Closer, Babyface, Yahweh, Tryin To Throw Your Arms, All Because Of You, Tomorrow, October, Please, A Celebration, Invisible.
Most underrated: Running To Stand Still/North and South Of The River. Running To Stand Still is a Top 3 U2 song of all time imo, and North and South would be top 10-15 as well.
Overrated: COBL, I Still Haven't Found What I'm looking for, One, Acrobat, Love and Peace, Moment Of Surrender.
Most overrated: Until The End Of The World. I actually find this song quite boring for the most part. It's a good song, but not as good as many say it is. It's much better live, and while the beginning and end are good. The middle is just meh.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The most overrated U2 song is 'The hands that built America'

U2 should organize a recall action. It should be erased on every album that contains this song! It is HORRIBLE!!

U2 should organize a recall action. It should be erased on every album that contains this song! It is HORRIBLE!!

It is magnificient song. Take a listen to the movie credits version with the orchestra.

It´s epic. Very moving.

Underrated:
- Shadows and Tall Trees
- I Fall Down
- I Threw a Brick
- Rejoice
- With a Shout
- Is That All?
- A Celebration
- THE REFUGEE (in my top 20-30 U2 songs)
- Red Light
- Treasure (Whatever Happened...)
- Elvis Presley and America
- Desert of Our Love
- Rise Up
- God Part II
- Wake Up Dead Man
- Crazy Tonight (yeah it's dumb but it's also catchy and enjoyable)
- Invisible (come one people this is a new classic)

Overrated:
- I Still Haven't Found (one of their best for sure, but it gets more radio play than a lot of better songs)
- Exit
- Until the End of the World
- Love is Blindness
- Hold Me, Thrill Me...
- Moment of Surrender (it's great, but it is not a masterpiece or really as special as some say it is)
October is under rated wholely. October was the album I bought AFTER UF...Yeah it has a amateurish cover but it was in October I realized U2 isn't an ordinary rock and roll band.

The most underated U2 record is "Passengers" and the most overrated
would have to be Joshua Tree.
Personally I enjoy listening to all of them. There is no favorites or dislikes
on my list of all of U2 albums.
Each record is special in itself and has something to offer in
terms of music and lyrics.
As Larry once said on that Rattle and Hum interview,
"It´s a musical journey"
Each record tells a musical story and puts you on a journey to another place you
would like to visit. Yeah, It´s a musical journey.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb9g0ksXEgo

No way. That's one of their best.

You cannot simply erase "The Hands That Built America". :hmm:
Its just a single from a film. That film would not sound any better without that
particular song. It is a special song about New York city.
It also features Andrea Corr, who played the tin whistle, and Sharon Corr who played
the violin! You can´t just erase those lovely sisters from this song. They played
great on the song. I love the Corrs, they´re so sexy :heart:
Anyway, the song has not been played live since 2004. So its been pretty much
forgotten by many people already, but I still love that song.

didn't you tell the guy to write something about the songs that he does like rather than harp on what he doesn't?

I guess if you're not American, the song doesn't mean much to you. But I love it. Top 20 U2 song of all time imo.

I guess if you're not American, the song doesn't mean much to you. But I love it. Top 20 U2 song of all time imo.

Hands? I'm American and it's one of my least favorite U2 songs. The soundtrack version is eons better, but still, one of their weaker efforts.

I love it, it's one of my favorite U2 songs of the last 15 years. I'm not an American, either.

Overrated: Walk On. A terrible song. Vertigo. Even worse.

Underrated: Discotheuqe. A masterpiece of musicianship and production. Possibly Edge's finest moment.

but... but its Unpatriotic not to like The Hands that built America!

Wait until Washington DC and Congress hears about this!

:lol:

july_4th_cube7.gif

Sent from my ass crack

The Hands that Built America is overrated in this thread!

Thank you kod4967 for reviving one of my lost long threads.

Here is a new one.

Most overrated Mercy

Most underrated This is where you can reach me now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using U2 Interference mobile app

I'm American and THTBA is one of the most boring pieces of shit they've ever recorded. The movie version is slightly better because it comes crashing in at the beginning and almost has balls, until the regular part of the song starts, that is.

And I love Gangs Of New York.

That someone thinks Hands belongs on any list of their best stuff is mind-boggling.

I'm American and THTBA is one of the most boring pieces of shit they've ever recorded. The movie version is slightly better because it comes crashing in at the beginning and almost has balls, until the regular part of the song starts, that is.

And I love Gangs Of New York.

That someone thinks Hands belongs on any list of their best stuff is mind-boggling.

I love the movie version that just explodes over the final scene in the movie. Great movie too.

Overrated - Desire.
Honourable mention - Still haven't found

Underrated - Indian Summer Sky
Honourable mention - Treasure.

Well yes Love Comes Tumbling is Underrated but let's see mine would be:

(Most Overrated Top 10)Sunday Bloody Sunday, I Will Follow, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Vertigo, Walk On, Out of Control, The Saints Are Coming, All Because of You, have a feeling The Miracle and Every Breaking Wave might be after this next tour(all great songs but sometimes they just get too much hype surrounding them compared to other songs)

(Most Underrated Top Ten) Original of the Species, Lemon, Grace, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, Please ,Numb, Dirty Day, Drowning Man, Surrender, Red Hill Mining Town(All great songs often overlooked)

I'll base my judgement on the B-sides, since many seem to bring them out for obscurity's sake, automatically taking the underrated spot, when some are overrated.

Overrated
- Spanish Eyes.
Underrated - Salome.

Back
Top Bottom