Moochie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erised

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
My sweet Moochie baby

:sad: I come to this thread right now with some bad news. Moochie is sick. I mean really sick. She has kidney disease. :sad: She's been acting not-herself the past few days but I blamed it on the power outage and the heat, but this morning she wouldn't even go near her food, and that is certainly NOT moochie, plus I noticed she was walking a little funny today so I took her to the emergency vet and they did some blood work (i just had moochie into my regular vet on Wednesday for her annual exam, and had blood work done, but because of the power outage, I wasn't able to call them back to see what the results were)... but the emergency vet said moochie's in the beginning stages of kidney failure, and they hospitalized her overnight cuz she was dehydrated and they're going to shave her one leg and stick an IV in her and I just felt so horrible leaving her there, she didn't look very happy :sad: But I just don't know what to think or feel right now. I'm so sad and so depressed. I've had Moochie for more than 10 years, she's not just my kitty, she's my baby and I can't even imagine her not being around anymore. I'm trying not to get too upset until I talk to my regular vet tomorrow, but I can't help it. The emergency vet said cats can live 1-2 years with kidney disease on special medications and a special diet, but all that is going to cost a lot of money too...this overnight hospital visit is outrageous money-wise, but I don't want moochie to suffer or be uncomfortable so I let them keep her overnight.

Please keep me and moochie in your thoughts and prayers ladies... we really need them right now. :sad:

Re: My sweet Moochie baby

erised said:

Please keep me and moochie in your thoughts and prayers ladies... we really need them right now. :sad:

Oh, Jenny... that's really heartbreaking. :sad: You both will be in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

Re: My sweet Moochie baby

erised said:
:sad: I come to this thread right now with some bad news. Moochie is sick. I mean really sick. She has kidney disease. :sad: She's been acting not-herself the past few days but I blamed it on the power outage and the heat, but this morning she wouldn't even go near her food, and that is certainly NOT moochie, plus I noticed she was walking a little funny today so I took her to the emergency vet and they did some blood work (i just had moochie into my regular vet on Wednesday for her annual exam, and had blood work done, but because of the power outage, I wasn't able to call them back to see what the results were)... but the emergency vet said moochie's in the beginning stages of kidney failure, and they hospitalized her overnight cuz she was dehydrated and they're going to shave her one leg and stick an IV in her and I just felt so horrible leaving her there, she didn't look very happy :sad: But I just don't know what to think or feel right now. I'm so sad and so depressed. I've had Moochie for more than 10 years, she's not just my kitty, she's my baby and I can't even imagine her not being around anymore. I'm trying not to get too upset until I talk to my regular vet tomorrow, but I can't help it. The emergency vet said cats can live 1-2 years with kidney disease on special medications and a special diet, but all that is going to cost a lot of money too...this overnight hospital visit is outrageous money-wise, but I don't want moochie to suffer or be uncomfortable so I let them keep her overnight.

oh noooooo:no: :scream: :no: I dont know what I would do if something happened to my kitty:sad: :sad: She's my little baby. erised, I will pray for you and moochie.

Oh my god Jen I'm so so sorry!! I have tears in my eyes, I just now read this. I will say so many special prayers for Moochie.. sweet Moochie :sad:

Thank you everyone, for your concern and support... it means a bunch to me :hug:

I transported Mooch from the emergency vet to her regular vet this morning, and I feel so much better now that she's there, I know they'll treat her really good (sometimes I just don't know about those emergency places :| ) Anyway, my vet is going to keep her until Wednesday and see how her kidneys respond to the fluids they're giving her. So until then, I probably won't know much. :sigh:

I know waiting and worrying is terrible:( I hope she'll respond and be okay soon. :hug:

Sicy said:
Poor moochie :( Can you go visit her???

Well, the only bad thing is, my vet is 30 minutes away. :sigh: I really really like them cuz they are so nice and so good to all the animals I know that go there, but I really hate that they are so far away. I actually don't know what to do, I don't know if I should try going out there after work tomorrow to see her (they DID say I could go visit), or if it's best for her not to see me, I don't know what will stress her out more. :(

That is hard. :( I dont know, I think she would be really happy to see you.

Moochie update :)

I just talked to my vet and it appears Moochie will definitely be coming home tomorrow! :dance:

My vet said Mooch is doing well (a little ornery from all the poking and prodding they've been doing to her). But she'll come home with special food and antibiotics and it sounds like she'll be okay, for awhile at least. They'll know a little more once they retest her blood values tomorrow afternoon.

I'm gonna go see her after work tonight, but...YAY! My Moochie's coming home tomorrow! :applaud:

Thanks everyone for all your support! :hug:

Sorry guys, I haven't checked in here in awhile...

Jenn, I'm sorry for all you're having to deal with for Moochie, kidney disease is unfortuately really common in cats and can be tricky to deal with. I'm glad you have a vet you are happy with, actually I'm curious to know who it is since I'm starting to keep my eyes and ears open for a job when I graduate next May (and the ER place too for that matter) - you should PM me and tell me :)

As for pills, your way of crushing them up and mixing them with wet food works for alot of cats. Another good one I found is hiding it in a treat called Purrrrfection, I think it's by Whiskas. They are square, and hard on the outside but have a creamy center, you just cut off one end and stick the pill in the center. The last cat I tried it with (that was pure evil to pill alone) didn't even chew the treats, she just inhaled them.

My guess is that you will still have a few years with Moochie if you're willing and able to get her to eat a kidney diet, constantly monitor her hydration status, and if you're willing to learn how to give her fluids at home - it really isn't hard. Let me know if you have any questions (or need an easier explanation of something) :hug:

BTW, visits in the hospital are great for pets, don't feel like you are being a pest :yes:

Last edited:
erised said:
Moochie update :)

I just talked to my vet and it appears Moochie will definitely be coming home tomorrow! :dance:

My vet said Mooch is doing well (a little ornery from all the poking and prodding they've been doing to her). But she'll come home with special food and antibiotics and it sounds like she'll be okay, for awhile at least. They'll know a little more once they retest her blood values tomorrow afternoon.

I'm gonna go see her after work tonight, but...YAY! My Moochie's coming home tomorrow! :applaud:

Thanks everyone for all your support! :hug:

Good news! I'm glad she's doing well.

Sorry ladies... I wasn't online last night, and all day at work we had no computers cuz they took the server down as a precaution with those viruses going around so the campus wouldn't get infected.

Anyhoo, Moochie's home! :hyper: I just got back from picking her up. I have some meds I have to give her, and special cat food, and the vet said her values didn't go down as much as she would've liked :sigh: so I need to take Moochie back in for a visit next week so they can check her values again after she's been on her own for a week. I'm still very nervous over the whole thing... she doesn't seem herself, her face looks better but she's laying in the bathroom again which is something she was doing before I took her in. I hope it's just her trying to adjust to everything that's happened to her these past four days. I'm hoping she'll be more herself tomorrow.

Here's a pic of Moochie now that she's home! :cute: She was laying on the floor by my feet while I'm on the computer...
moochie_home.jpg

It's so hard to get a pic with her eyes open cuz of the cam's damn flash! :lol:

Ohh sweet Moochie :heart: I really just want to cuddle and kiss her :sigh:

She's probly feeling a little weird from everything that's happened. I hope she does ok with the meds and food. I would put water bowls all over the house too :shifty: I'm sure you know you have to keep a close eye on her. Do you live far from work? I would try to stop in on your lunch hour to check on her if you can :heart:

Just glad she's home and I bet she's super glad to be home!! :D

I'm so sorry to hear that your cat is sick. I hope that she feels better soon :) She is adorable :)

My kitty Worf will be 10 in October, she's getting to be a senior kitty too.

3384659923232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2327%3D783%3D89%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E2323434%3B3%3C592ot1lsi

With all of us kitty lovers in PLEBA, Moochie has a lot of best wishes coming her way :yes:

Last edited:
Yay! :applaud: Moochie is home and looking good! :hug:

Worf is cool! Another PLEBA kitty! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom