Moment Of Surrender Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it's a shame to see Breathe top this song on the "best of 2000" poll. i just don't get how everyone isn't drooling over this song. it's amazing.

it's a shame to see Breathe top this song on the "best of 2000" poll. i just don't get how everyone isn't drooling over this song. it's amazing.

Me neither. To me this is a classic U2 song, up there with Bad as far as I'm concerned.

I guess it really is a hard song to sing live, it's in a lower key (from the video feed of Barcelona I)

I guess it really is a hard song to sing live, it's in a lower key (from the video feed of Barcelona I)

He nailed it though, sounded superb. Better than on the album, IMO. It has always been too high for him, just like NLOTH.

Last night we were eating in a very noisy diner, a small one and MOS came on. It was the first time I heard it outside of my home, and of all places, a noisy diner! We all stopped eating, it just a song you have to put your all in! :love:

Staying away of the live version because I think it will ROCK, and I don't want to be spoiled, but I'm listening to the studio version right now :wink:

so I went shopping around today for a bar fridge, something that will make my beer nice and cold within arms reach. So I went browsing around today at my local Lowe's Home Improvement store and low and behold, to my surprise they were playing Moment of Surrender on the local PA. Sure, it might have been satellite radio, but still, pretty cool to hear in a public venue.

And no, I didn't surrender any cash at the store. I saw a better fridge at my local Canadian Tire.

A friend texted me yesterday that it was playing in a "Publix" supermarket on their satellite radio station. Nice.

Back
Top Bottom