MLB Thread 2015- Part 2 (World Series or bust)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
His turn as a playoff analyst for FS1 could not have helped things. The first game he was on he basically called all the players pussies for getting injured.

usatsi_8849024_153192880_lowres.jpg

josh-donaldson-injury.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg

image.jpg

[TWEET]652259021303386112[/TWEET]

His first sentence said it all: "I just don't understand."

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I was actually a fan of Pete Rose in the early 1980's when he played with the Phillies. I even wrote to him and he sent me back a picture of him becoming the all time leader in hits in the NL plus a letter thanking me for taking the time to write him. I think I was 9 at the time. I admired his style of play and his dedication to the game. I started thinking he was a douche when he was suspended 30 days for shoving umpire Dave Pallone in '88 and it's been downhill ever since.

Why, it's almost like he's aged poorly after taking all those shots to the head throughout his career and doing nothing about it.

The Dodgers refusing to offer a fair deal for Hamels, then losing Greinke AND not signing Iwakuma is my favorite thing. I don't get to have a lot of happiness from baseball right now, so schadenfreude will suffice.

Hey Headache, maybe you can help with this one. Daniel Murphy is offered 15.8 million by the Mets. He refused that and eventually signs with the Nats for 3 years at 37.5 million. Averaging 12.5 million per season. He stood to make more with the Mets and then become a free agent again after the 2016 season. If he has a better year than 2015, he could be in line for another raise for the 2017 season. Why would he do this?

Guaranteed money. He could fall off a cliff this year.

Sure, but it's only an additional 2 years. Does he have that little faith in his abilities? I mean I guess I couldn't care less what he does. He's the Nats problem now. :wink: If I were him, I would have gone to an AL team and transitioned myself to being strictly a DH. He's a liability in the field.

Sure, but it's only an additional 2 years. Does he have that little faith in his abilities? I mean I guess I couldn't care less what he does. He's the Nats problem now. :wink: If I were him, I would have gone to an AL team and transitioned myself to being strictly a DH. He's a liability in the field.

It's three years of security as opposed to one. I've seen the same thing happen over the last few years a few times. Baseball players can be fragile.

Hey Headache, maybe you can help with this one. Daniel Murphy is offered 15.8 million by the Mets. He refused that and eventually signs with the Nats for 3 years at 37.5 million. Averaging 12.5 million per season. He stood to make more with the Mets and then become a free agent again after the 2016 season. If he has a better year than 2015, he could be in line for another raise for the 2017 season. Why would he do this?

Because 37.5 is more than 15.8?

Back
Top Bottom