MLB Thread 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha. Nice to see you back, Kram. You should post more.

And, for what it's worth, I still think Gardenhire is a good manager. I haven't been able to watch a lot of the Twins yet this year, though. Strange that the first Sox/Twins series of the season isn't for another three weeks or so.

Thanks. I'm slowly coming back here. Work and taxes have kicked my ass this Spring.

Watching shitty baseball hasn't helped my mood any either (especially after a shitty hockey season).

Imperor said:
Any truth to the reports the Twins deliberately went o-fer as a nod to former Angels great Dick Wood?

I'm waiting for that guy to come back as MikeTrout

Depending on the metric, Albert Pujols has been the least productive player (with regular playing time) in MLB this season.

His plate discipline all but disappeared. It's astonishing.

What a shitty, shitty season. I truly hope Mariano hasn't thrown his last cutter.

Is David Robertson the new Yankee closer? I really fucking hope so because I need saves in a bad way and I just picked him up in fantasy.

Also, I picked up Rafael Dolis in the hopes that he's the new Cubs closer. Now that Marmol can't seem to get anybody out.

This could turn out to be an awesome 24 hours for my fantasy squad if I just suddenly scooped up two full-time closers on the sly.

knew this day was coming.

just didn't think it was going to be on may 4th.

GirlsAloudFan said:
Is David Robertson the new Yankee closer? I really fucking hope so because I need saves in a bad way and I just picked him up in fantasy.

They haven't made an announcement, but safe to say Robertson is the closer now. He hasn't allowed a run since August or so. You'll get plenty of strikeouts, but I'm not sold on whether the diminished walks are there to stay.

I can't imagine the scrutinity that the next closer will face each time he blows a save. I'm tempted to give Soriano the job so that Robertson can be the guy that replaced the guy that replaced Mo.

The Yankees are now just another team when it comes to that position. Shuttling in a new closer every couple of years.

I went over to Yahoo! and looked at his last two years, they were great. Would be nice if he could recover strong enough to come back in 2013 for one more year. Too early to start dreaming?

The only possibility I see of him trying to come back is if he decides that he wants to go out on his own terms, not down with an injury. I really don't know how/whether a torn ACL affects his pitching, but it can't be good, right? I just wished the fans had had (have?) an opportunity to give him a proper farewell. At least I'm glad I managed to see him a few times last year.

Went over to RiverAveBlues and the title to one of the posts was : it's the end of the world as we mo it

I chuckled

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i don't know what knee it is... but if it's the one on his push off leg, then yea... that could have a series effect on his pitching.

It's his right one

Maybe they can rebuild him...

As much as I'm not a Yankees fan, it has been a pleasure to get our asses kicked by Rivera.

I hope he attempts a comeback. I'm not far off from his age and have a knee that will need surgery some day, so I selfishly want him to do it.

Sucky sucky news, I feel bad for the fans, and him, truly.

In other news, holy shit, Jake Peavy! Always have loved that bastard, even if he is playing for the Sox.

In other OTHER news: I really hope the Marmol bullshit is finally over. Too damn long, this has gone on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom