MLB 2K5 Down the Stretch Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Numb1075 said:
am i allowed to start getting excited yet?

Yes Headache, we can believe now.....it's within our grasp. Tough road trip coming up in a couple of weeks facing Fla, Atl, and St. Louis....If we do alright there, we have a real good shot.

i've decided to avoid getting excited for now.

if they can make it through the next 13 games... 3 at home against philly, 3 on the road against florida, 3 on the road against atlanta, and 4 on the road against st. louis... and still be within 3 games of the wild card... THEN i will be excited. 13 of their final 19 games are at home, including the last 4 games of the year... against the fearsome colorado rockies.

just stay within 3 games... and we've got a chance.

MrsSpringsteen said:
he'll become AL batting champ now

No, but he's probably going to smoke a hanging Curt Schilling splitter (is there any other kind?) into center field to give the Yankees the pennant.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
including the last 4 games of the year... against the fearsome colorado rockies.
Beware GenR...the Shermn8r guarantees they'll be a playoff team, only gotta make up 12.5 games in the joke that is the NL West.

anyone catch the fact that Raffy Palmeiro is in a 2-22 slump and has been benched and lost his 1B starting position?

As bad as Schilling was those first two innings, for now I'm going to look at those four scoreless innings that took place afterward. I don't think he's done that all year, so perhaps that is a good sign.

I couldn't watch Curt during that train wreck, I did see when they won. It's amazing that they're still doing well in spite of the pitching, but scary of course.

As much as my heart still supports Curt, realistically it's tough to fathom :| He taught Papelbon that splitter too, I hope it doesn't spread like a disease :wink:

And Millar's hair and goatee are scarier by a mile, he actually looked good w/ it buzzed and brown. Hey a guy brought it up here first :shrug: I also hope Steinbrenner makes Mark shave and cut that hair.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
someone really needs to shove a cork in david wells' fat mouth.

Schilling's too, for that matter.

Out here on the west coast, the OC put on a defensive clinic against the A's. I'm still trying to figure out why the Red Sox decided to "upgrade" to Renteria.

speedracer said:

Out here on the west coast, the OC put on a defensive clinic against the A's. I'm still trying to figure out why the Red Sox decided to "upgrade" to Renteria.

The Sox didn't bring Orlando back so that he could be given the stupid nickname "The OC" out in Anaheim.

phanan said:
Well, Renteria's batting was the reason. His average is 34 points higher at the moment, and that was with a horrendous start to the season.

His fielding percentage is also 34 points lower at the moment, and he costs $2 million more.

And I while I don't know it off the top of my head, most of Renteria's errors have not hurt in the end.

Cabrera did a great job while he was in Boston. I think his numbers would be better if he stayed here vs. what they are now.

But Renteria's bat is definitely better.

I like having Eckstein for 8 million less than Renteria. Fewer errors plus just about the amount of offense for 20% of the price. They both have the same number of homeruns on the year too.

If I was Boston I would have kept Cabrera. They have so much offense in other positions a defensive specialest at short wouldn't have been such a bad thing. I mean they did win a championship with him.

I see the Renteria pick up as a Yankee type move, spending money because they can. They threw the big dollars at the perceived "best player" even though it may not have been the best fit. Renteria has always been a bit overrated, and definitely not worth 10 million per year. He had a game winning hit in the World Series so that makes him "clutch," and had a career year where he batted .330. Other than that, he is a slightly above average shortstop.

I'd expect Manny's next streak to only reach 3.
Monday is a holiday, they have a noon makeup against the pale hose, Manny'll be sitting.

phanan said:
Eckstein is having a career year, no doubt about that. But do you seriously believe it will happen again?

Eckstein's numbers this year are right in line with what he did in '02. His was injured for most of '03 and showed flashes of his former self last year. He's put it all back together this year. Darin Erstad called Eck the most fundamentally sound player he's ever played with.

Back
Top Bottom