Mlb 2022

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The "he's the real homerun king" nonsense really needs to stop.

I couldn't agree more. I did NOT agree with what Maris Jr. had to say. Big Mac and Barry crushed his father's record and he's still butthurt about it. You still have to go out there and hit the ball and they sure did. Other players in a similar environment were not able to do so. Way it goes.

I couldn't agree more. I did NOT agree with what Maris Jr. had to say. Big Mac and Barry crushed his father's record and he's still butthurt about it. You still have to go out there and hit the ball and they sure did. Other players in a similar environment were not able to do so. Way it goes.

It's just absurd.

Bonds and McGwire don't count because they had an advantage.

But the two guys who played half their games in a stadium specifically built to allow more homeruns? The other guy who played on the same little league stadium against only white guys? They good.

Still a joke that baseball shits all over the era that saved the sport from collapse into irrelevancy.

It's just absurd.

Bonds and McGwire don't count because they had an advantage.

But the two guys who played half their games in a stadium specifically built to allow more homeruns? The other guy who played on the same little league stadium against only white guys? They good.

Still a joke that baseball shits all over the era that saved the sport from collapse into irrelevancy.

i couldn't agree more strongly with this post. :up:

i'm in a two front battle of the mind, in where one side of me is disappointed that our GM punted away the trade deadline and left the team weak in middle relief, DH and catcher - which led to calling up top prospects and unfairly thrusting them into highly important games and expecting them to perform... while the other side of me is telling the #LOLMETS crowd to eat shit as we'll likely win 100 games this season and are still very much title contenders.

i'm also incredibly jet lagged so all in all it's a rough day.

They’ll be *perennial* contenders I hope but some real headscratching choices and losses are going to be fodder if they flame out early in the playoffs.

They’ll be *perennial* contenders I hope but some real headscratching choices and losses are going to be fodder if they flame out early in the playoffs.

end of the day... we can talk about September all we want.

Mets are 66-44 since June 1. In any normal year, that's more than enough to close out the division and slide into the playoffs as the 2 seed.

The Braves are 77-33 over that same stretch. if they played at this pace the entire season they'd win 114 games, which would be the second highest win total in MLB history.

tis what it tis.

we're still in the playoffs. reset and go. you'd have to beat these teams one way or the other.

I literally came here just to complain about how much I don’t care about Aaron Judge’s not record. ESPN, CNN, Yahoo, every fucking news media and sports media under the Sun things I need a push notification for a not record. I grew up with Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa and Barry Bonds actually making records. This isn’t a record.

/rantover

I literally came here just to complain about how much I don’t care about Aaron Judge’s not record. ESPN, CNN, Yahoo, every fucking news media and sports media under the Sun things I need a push notification for a not record. I grew up with Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa and Barry Bonds actually making records. This isn’t a record.

/rantover
This is the proper take.

62 is the new AL/Yankee record, so that works for me. It took 61 years to break that record. MLB needs to promote their game as best as they can. I don't see anything wrong with that. I'm sure MLB would have loved for Judge to pass Barry or even Big Mac. 73 is the record. We get it. But, MLB and the networks that broadcast their games need to generate interest in their game for MLB to be successful in the future. I'm sure you all know that. Judge is the face of MLB right now and he is bringing MLB new fans. That should be regarded as a good thing.

I have no issues with MLB promoting Aaron Judge.

I have issues with every reporter over the age of 50 pontificating about how this is the real homerun record.

Oh yes. I have issues with that also. Barry holds the MLB record and if someone hits 74 Home Runs, then they call that the real record. Until then, shut that shit down. 62 Home Runs are great! It breaks the Yankee record. It breaks the AL record. I'm happy with that.

White Sox sucked this year but I do have a $100 futures bet on Dodgers to win the World Series. So go Dodgers.

I actually take great exception to an “AL” record. Given the rules in the AL have historically favored batters, one could imagine an ever so mild claim if this was reversed and occurring in the NL.

That being said, it would still be absurd and a stupid claim. Imagine in basketball or hockey saying “setting a western record for scoring!” or in the NFL claiming an AFC or NFC record. Dumb.

I actually take great exception to an “AL” record. Given the rules in the AL have historically favored batters, one could imagine an ever so mild claim if this was reversed and occurring in the NL.

Interesting point. Maris set the MLB record in '61. No one in the AL had hit 60 since then. The DH has been around since '73. You would think the more prolific HR hitters would be in the AL. But, in some crazy way, I think hitters who are fielders also are somehow better HR hitters. Hell, when Giancarlo Stanton plays the outfield, he seems to hit better. But, I'd rather have a competent hitter in the DH spot than a shitty hitting pitcher.

AL/NL records had some legit mystique back when the teams never ever played each other except in a world series. regular interleague play made them pretty meaningless though.

especially now that they're bringing in the balanced schedule, those old league records are extra pointless to everyone who isn't nostalgic for the days when ballparks didn't have video screens.

Last edited:
Mets over Padres
Cardinals over Phillies
Guardians over Rays
Blue Jays over Mariners

Mets over Dodgers
Cardinals over Braves

Guardians over Yankees
Astros over Blue Jays

Mets over Cardinals
Guardians over Astros

Mets over Guardians

think two things will happen - home field in all three games will be too much for any of the visiting teams to overcome, even though i think some of the road teams (phillies) are better.

the time off will lead to some rust for the division winners (or some momentum for the wild card winners, depending on how you want to look at it).

also think the mets - specifically james mcann - were tipping pitches/location against atlanta. doesn't excuse the losses - just something that they'll be aware of and will clean up.

do not blame braves whatsoever for stealing signs (the legal way). part of the game. to quote one of the best mets twitter follows...

https://twitter.com/_Hornik_/status/1576746120125902848

if pitchers/catchers aren't using pitchcom yet, they should be.

mccann sets up his location WAYYYYY too early. you'd be an idiot not to relay the location to the hitter.

Last edited:
NYM def SD
PHI def STL
CLE def TB
TOR def SEA

LAD def NYM
ATL def PHI
HOU def TOR
CLE def NYY

LAD def ATL
HOU def CLE

LAD def HOU