MLB 2010 The Third - B. Wood Popped Out to Catcher

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GavinFloyd.jpg

AL Pitcher of the Month for July, motherfuckers.

I hate Freddy Garcia.

That was a bad blown call last night against the Marlins...

i was watching mlb network and they had thrown it to that game. listening to tommy hutton and the other guy go bonkers was worth the phillies winning

Can we send Cervelli to the minors and call up Montero, please?

i was watching mlb network and they had thrown it to that game. listening to tommy hutton and the other guy go bonkers was worth the phillies winning

I heard that too. They lost their minds, it was unreal/embarrassing. They also displayed some ignorance about the rules pertaining to whether a ground ball is fair or foul. Not saying that it wasn't a blown call but part of their argument as to why it was clearly fair was incorrect.

I heard that too. They lost their minds, it was unreal/embarrassing. They also displayed some ignorance about the rules pertaining to whether a ground ball is fair or foul. Not saying that it wasn't a blown call but part of their argument as to why it was clearly fair was incorrect.
Which is still better than Chris Wheeler (Phillies broadcaster/PR shill) stating that "you can't tell" from the replay if it was fair or foul.

Clifford works better for posting obnoxious photos. So it's Clifford now.

Still an amazing pitching performance. CGSO on 137 pitches, 17Ks. Against the team with the second best record in baseball.

Phanan, Hewson, SR, forgive me...you know I usually keep it respectful and whatnot....but...

So glad we smacked fucking Beckett around, again. Cannot stand that guy, and it's nice to know that we've more or less owned him since he's donned a Sox uniform.

Also, Cash trying to pick Cano off of 3rd was....not bright.

There's plenty of game left, I'm sure Mosely/Yankee pen is capable of coughing the lead up.....but for now, I'm pleased.

Well, we discussed this previously. We each loathe a couple of players on the other's team, so not surprising really.

Also not surprising is how this series has gone. A split doesn't do the Sox much good, and that's not even a guarantee right now.

Although it doesn't hurt that the Rays have lost five in a row.

Lester scares the crap out of me....even though he's been off since the break, I assume he'll pitch well today...he had a good first inning.

And, yeah, I recall that discussion.

load the bases with nobody out only to have granderson, jeter and swisher all strike out :down:

If only pinch runners could, you know, try to steal bases.

Edit: also, Granderson shouldn't ever be allowed to bat against a lefty pitcher with the tying run at second.

The thing is, Girardi knows that Gardner takes a few pitches before taking off. I just didn't think that a pinch runner was absolutely needed there, but, that's just me. I was much more disturbed by the fact that I absolutely knew that Granderson would be whiffing in that situation. But, they had chances galore today, not like Granderson was the only culprit. Eh, what are you gonna do, split is not the end of the world.....

The thing is, Girardi knows that Gardner takes a few pitches before taking off. I just didn't think that a pinch runner was absolutely needed there, but, that's just me. I was much more disturbed by the fact that I absolutely knew that Granderson would be whiffing in that situation. But, they had chances galore today, not like Granderson was the only culprit. Eh, what are you gonna do, split is not the end of the world.....

A split is good, especially the way Tampa played their last games and being 6 games ahead of the Sox. But this game was still annoying... To be fair on Joe, he didn't have that many options to PH for Granderson (Berkman hasn't been hitting lefties lately), but that AB was a trainwreck in yes-mo.

Gardner is one of my favorite players on the team, but he should know that even with a bad jump he is very likely to beat the throw.

Oh well. Let's see how we do against CJ Wilson and Lee in Texas. Hopefully Lee goes easy on his future employer. :wink:

Well, we discussed this previously. We each loathe a couple of players on the other's team, so not surprising really.

Also not surprising is how this series has gone. A split doesn't do the Sox much good, and that's not even a guarantee right now.

Although it doesn't hurt that the Rays have lost five in a row.

There are still six games against both the Yankees and Rays. A lot can still happen.

Lester scares the crap out of me....even though he's been off since the break, I assume he'll pitch well today...he had a good first inning.

And, yeah, I recall that discussion.

Yankee Stadium is ideal for left-handed pitchers who throw good cut fastballs (Lester, Sabathia, Pettitte).

Great game indeed, and I tip my hat to the Rangers. It's never good to see Mo lose it, but a great game still.

Btw, I mentioned a few times that I'm very excited about 20-year old Jesus Montero, who I hope will be catching next year with the Yankees. He had a rough season, but look at his AAA numbers since June 11th:

177 ABs
.367/.434/.661 11 HR 32 RBI 17 doubles 2 triples 21 bb/35 K

He definitely needs to improve his defense, but his bat in the lineup will be all sorts of amazing.

Yeah, definitely a good game last night. Yanks have had some pretty tense games of late, what with them playing the Rays, Sox and now the Rangers. Fun stuff.

Back
Top Bottom