MLB 2010 Part 4 - October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the first 6 innings were awesome. what everybody thought we'd see in game 1

congrats to the giants. love to see the pitching dominate

Brilliant performance by the Giants. Can't say enough good things about them. Congrats!

Clifford, you can win it in the Bronx.

Pitchers and Catchers report in less than 4 months.

the giants would have beat the yankees had they advanced.

we'll do it all over again next year

It would have been nice for SF to win it all at home, but man did they shut down the Rangers. Kudos to the Giants.

Closer to home--It's great that the Twins declined Punto's option (worthless shit), and probably good they kept Kubel (despite his hitting .069 in his post season career :rolleyes: ).

oh those tech savy san franciscoers

500x_photo.jpg

is it possible for me to be more in love with the moves the mets have made in the past week?

no, it is not.

sandy alderson... GREAT hire. next, alderson today announces that he's clearing house of coaches and scouts from the minaya regime. GREAT move, one that omar himself never did. a lot of holdovers from the phillips regime were still there for omar.

and then he just makes me giddy by announcing that J.P. Riccardi will be the new assistant GM, turning down a similar offer from the Red Sox. I woulda been happy if Riccardi was the GM, let alone the assistant GM. if they can add paul depodesta to the staff as well i may just

YouTube - Jizz In My Pants

Well, I didn't jump off a bridge or anything. How bummed could I be? SF outplayed the Rangers in every facet of the game. They earned and deserved the win. Still an absolutely thrilling, magical season. I'm tremendously pleased with the results even with the World Series fizzle. I'm looking forward to Wash, Neffy, and Cool Whip getting their Top Chef Just Desserts. Go Rangers.

Well, I didn't jump off a bridge or anything. How bummed could I be? SF outplayed the Rangers in every facet of the game. They earned and deserved the win. Still an absolutely thrilling, magical season. I'm tremendously pleased with the results even with the World Series fizzle. I'm looking forward to Wash, Neffy, and Cool Whip getting their Top Chef Just Desserts. Go Rangers.
The good thing is that the Rangers seem like they're built to stay relevant for years.

A refreshing perspective.

If only the Celtics fans had the same constructive, no-excuses reaction last summer.

Which Celtics fans are we talking about?

Usually Laz is referring to me, he apparently has a hair across his ass regarding my Celtic fandom and dislike of Kobe Bryant the human being...so without further adieu, my comment posted after game 7:

Rasheed scored 11, not 18.

And the Celts were dominated on the glass, especially the offensive glass all night. Perkins would have made a difference there, and Rasheed and Garnett wouldn't have been so out of gas at game's end had Perk played 30-35 minutes.
I think thats all Doc was trying to imply. Not an excuse, just an explanation that his absence was a big factor. Lakers got 18 minutes from Bynum, Celts could have used 18 from Perkins.

At any rate, congrats to the Lakers. They earned it last night. Fought hard and had more down the stretch. While Kobe was MVP of the series, Artest was clearly MVP of game 7 of the finals, never thought I'd type that.

Ray Allen did a great job on Kobe defensively, but that effort definitely affected his offense. Surprised Doc only used Tony Allen for 5 minutes.

Must have killed Bill Russell to stand on that floor and hand the MVP award to a Laker. Hope they paid him well for it.

We'll see what unfolds, but the Celts will look a bit different next year.
Clearly a sore loser post in his eyes I guess.

Maybe he was referring to you as well, your post:

Perkins definitely would have made a difference on the boards. The Lakers got tons of offensive rebounds and that, along with the free throws, was the difference in the game.

Despite that, the game was unfolding perfectly for the Celtics. Low scoring, grind-it-out affairs usually play right into their game plan. Gotta credit the Lakers for slogging through it and finding just enough at the end to overcome it. Congrats to them and their fans.

A disappointing end over here, considering that nobody knows what will happen to the Celtics now. That was probably the last chance they had with this incarnation.
You my friend, like me, are a sore loser, its evident.

And Laz is a gracious winner as evidenced by his first post after game 7:
THE MACHINE!!!

gfy
Followed by:
Also, to the Celtics fans who threw rocks at the Lakers' team bus after the 2008 Finals and the people who cheered them on: Enjoy your summer vacation, you fucking losers.

Back to Back is a matter of fact/a claim that remains INTACT.
and
I'm a little surprised Kobe didn't stuff that ball in right as time expired. If there was ever a time to rub it in, this was it.

See phanan, we Celtic fans have much to learn about good sportsmanship from Laker fans.

Back
Top Bottom