MLB 2008: The Playoffs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You and me both buddy.

Just got back from the Football game, don't like what I see

I fucking hate Soriano. Not because he is aweful in post season play, but that he is struggling and seems to think pouting is going to help his sorry ass.

I'm fucking tired of him swinging at the first pitch. It didn't need to be a home run, we needed him to just get on the bases at least.

Even when he was a Yankee, and a good one at that, he was a horribly impatient hitter....you'd think that 7 years later, he'd have learned how to work a count a bit better.....

Even when he was a Yankee, and a good one at that, he was a horribly impatient hitter....you'd think that 7 years later, he'd have learned how to work a count a bit better.....

I'm saying. I love it when that first hit is a home run. But come on. How often does that ACTUALLY happen for him?

Hey, you know that legendary Philly fan pessimism?

Feeling that right about now. The Phils' offense has been lackluster for 25 of 27 innings so far this playoffs.

Cole Hamels or bust, at this point.

Soriano in the leadoff spot is only one reason I think he's an arrogant self centered player. The way he hits, it is not the best for the team for him to be leadoff. But he complains and he gets. He complains about not getting to play second base. And still, there he sit on the bench pouting because he can't handle pressure.

Poor D. Lee tonight. He showed up...

Oh, and I hate to be all pesemistic, but what a pick up Harden was for us for this game. I miss Lilly.

Well, I'm bummed for all my local friends that are Cubs fans, but thrilled for my friends back in LA who love the Dodgers......and I'll be pulling for Torre/LA the rest of the way.......

Well Good night guys. It's been fun, and I won't be bitter or anything. I just wanted things to be different obviously

This might sound odd......this was the first time since April where it really hit home that Joe Torre is the Dodger manager.....odd feeling, I can't quite explain it.

I'm happy for him and Mattingly....but it's weird.....sorry if that makes no sense, but it just sort of hit me like a ton of bricks, watching Torre hug his players.

Soriano in the leadoff spot is only one reason I think he's an arrogant self centered player. The way he hits, it is not the best for the team for him to be leadoff. But he complains and he gets. He complains about not getting to play second base. And still, there he sit on the bench pouting because he can't handle pressure.

Poor D. Lee tonight. He showed up...

Oh, and I hate to be all pesemistic, but what a pick up Harden was for us for this game. I miss Lilly.

Yeah, I never understood how anybody could think he's a leadoff hitter. Doesn't get on base, doesn't see pitches for the rest of the order, and all those leadoff dongs he hits would be so much better with a man or three on the bases.

He'd be ideal as a #3 or #6 hitter -- those are the guys who come up the most often with two out, so in those situations you don't care if the guy strikes out all the time.

See, that's the thing. Not many people think he's a true leadoff hitter. He is nowhere near selective enough to be one. I would say he should hit 5th or 6th because Lee is too good of a hitter to not bat 3rd, and Ramirez is the guy for the 4 spot.

I really kind of hope that Felix Pie can show something next year and be our center fielder. He is crazy fast, but wasn't quite ready yet. But we haven't really had a true lead off hitter in a while.

Have you ever seen a team play so uptight as the Cubs were last night? Well, this series?

For the record, on ESPN's "Experts Picks", 14 of the 19 writers picked the Cubs over the Dodgers.

Also, the Cubs and Angels were tied for most World Series Champs picks with 6 writers voting for each.

Make of that what you will.

Gotta love the ESPN "experts".
Same bunch who predicted a Dolphins' Super Bowl win 2 years ago.

Gotta love the ESPN "experts".
Same bunch who predicted a Dolphins' Super Bowl win 2 years ago.

Those weren't terrible picks for the World Series.

The Dolphins 2 years ago, though, was a clear case of ESPN (actually, I think it might've been SI) thinking that on the 1-in-10000 chance that they're right, they'll loke like geniuses.

So, the Cubs fans and White Sox fans at least come here to take their medicine, where is our John Lackey?
He's been quite conspicuous by his absence since the playoffs started after all those bold predictions of how the Angels would slaughter the Red Sox in the playoffs.

Seriously.

I'm going to the Sock game :hyper:

:hi5:

The Phillies announced yesterday that they will not be starting Cole Hamels today. They will be starting Joe Blanton.

My brother just said, "They've officially forfeited the series." I'm not going to that extent. But Hamels should start today and, if needed, Myers should go Tuesday.

The NLCS starts Thursday, right?

I have an off day on Thursday for Yom Kippur. :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom