MLB '08, Part Dos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, the Twins have lost two in a row to the Mariners. Beautiful.

It's starting to get into the intense scoreboard watching portion of our 2008 baseball program.

Better watch your step, GAF:

Cubs fans plead not guilty to beating of Sox fans :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Chicago Crime

Also, I'd like to remind everyone, as I always do, that the Cubs have the best record in all of baseball.

Must suck to be a Brewers fan; your team's on a roll but you have little-to-no chance of actually winning the division. And they'd actually be in first place in 3 other divisions with that record.

Cubs have a 4-game series coming up at home against Philly, but the Brewers are taking on the Mets after that so it should even out.

What do these three men have in common?

art.obama.mugs.split.jpg

All White Sux fans. Well they at least disguised themselves as White Sux fans.

It's starting to get into the intense scoreboard watching portion of our 2008 baseball program.

:up:

What do these three men have in common?

art.obama.mugs.split.jpg

All White Sux fans. Well they at least disguised themselves as White Sux fans.

Sadly, they were plotting to kill "one of their own" - meaning, a White Sox fan. I understand the guy in the middle was the mastermind.

You can't spell Aramis V. P. Ramirez without MVP.

if the mets were to hold on and win the division... and i can't believe i'm saying this after how he started the season... but, especially with a big month, carlos delgado will garner a lot of support for MVP.

over the last 50 games nobody has more homers or RBI than delgado, and he could end up with 40 homers and 120+ RBI, with an average somewhere between .260 and .270.

mind you... he was hitting .243 with 9 homers with 32 RBI... he's now at .263 with 30 homers and 94 RBI, just a little over 2 months later.

Yeah, the NL MVP is completely up in the air.

Aramis, Utley, and wouldn't D. Wright be the better MVP candidate from the Mets with a big September? I guess it does all depend on what happens in the next month.

Pujols always has an argument for MVP, too. That fucker is amazing.

The AL MVP, on the other hand, has been in the bag for weeks now.

:drool:

And there's a pretty big series this weekend in Boston.

Vazquez vs. Matsuzaka
Buehrle vs. Pauley (who?)
Floyd vs. Wakefield

Bring that shit. Bring it on like Kirsten Dunst, motherfuckers.

Yeah, the NL MVP is completely up in the air.

Aramis, Utley, and wouldn't D. Wright be the better MVP candidate from the Mets with a big September? I guess it does all depend on what happens in the next month.

Pujols always has an argument for MVP, too. That fucker is amazing.

wright is the bigger name, but in all honesty he's been the third most important hitter the mets have had since their turnaround, behind both delgado and reyes... and i'd probably put wright behind pelfrey, santana and perez as well.

You really think Youkilis sewed it up that long ago?

I know statistics aren't everything but C.Q. is leading the Youk in every major offensive category except for batting average...

Quentin - .292, 36, 100, .398 OBP, .582 slugging, 95 runs
Youkilis - .316, 24, 91, .386 OBP, .563 slugging, 81 runs

I know statistics aren't everything but C.Q. is leading the Youk in every major offensive category except for batting average...

Quentin - .292, 36, 100, .398 OBP, .582 slugging, 95 runs
Youkilis - .316, 24, 91, .386 OBP, .563 slugging, 81 runs

ultimately it will come down to which team makes the playoffs... if chicago makes it and boston doesn't, quentin wins. if boston makes it and chicago doesn't, youkilis wins. if both make it quentin probably wins. if neither makes it, who the hell knows.

it's a strange year in the AL 'cause neither tampa bay nor los angeles of anaheim and the greater west coast area has any legit MVP candidates, despite being tied for the best record in all of baseball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom