Miller remains undefeated through 4 games

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
Ted Connors for the Red River Valley Echo (SunMedia (Canada's answer to Fox news)

Four games into the Zone 4 high school baseball season the W.C. Miller Aces remain undefeated, thanks to a gutsy effort in Sanford on Monday.
Trailing at one point by seven runs, Miller clawed their way back into the game and earned a 16-16 draw to improve their record to 3-0-1 on the season.
Josh Voth started on the hill for the Aces and gave up a few early walks which resulted in runs, and was replaced by Alec Klippenstein in the third inning.
Coach Lane Curry said Sanford brought their bats to the game.
?They really hit the ball after we allowed a few walks early in the game. They cleared the bases a few times early, and that?s how they got their offence,? Curry said.
The coach singled out Klippenstein for praise. ?I was really happy with Alec?s performance, he played really well, and he?s only in Grade 9.?
Down 10-3 at one point, the Aces came back to make things interesting, only to see Sanford pull ahead 16-10.
Miller bats would again come to life in the top of the sixth inning when they scored six runs before Sanford could even register two outs. Unfortunately for Miller, high school rules put a cap on six run innings, and the drive was extinguished.
Surprisingly enough, the remaining inning and a half remained scoreless, and the teams ended up with a 16-16 tie.
Sweep in Morris
Miller took both games in their double-header in Morris on May 1. Scott Reimer pitched 4 1/3 innings in the first game before being relieved by Derek Funk, as the Aces grabbed a 5-4 victory in the five inning game. In the rubber match, Andy Sawatzky pitched all five innings, and his team matched his effort by scoring four times in the fifth inning giving the Aces a 4-3 victory.
Curry was pleased with the effort but would like to see more of a killer instinct.
?I?d like to see our team break it open more, and bury our opponents before they can get back into it.?
Aces will be back at home on Thursday when they host GVC.

swing and a miss?

Nice piece of sports journo.
Did your paper not print it?

Side note:
The Priest who created my University's Journalism School died about two months ago. I got soemthing in the mail today from the J-School - and it included a memorial red pen. :eyebrow:

Nice and tacky. But it was his humor.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom