MERGED --> U2 Vertigo Tour - Postponed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
Interference is officially a pile of horseshit today.

Well, anyway, Dream Theater's now my favourite band.

Dude, you seriously need a reality check. And most of the horseshit in this place, come from you posts. They are utterly ridiculous.

Just cop on and accept the situation. Family comes first, even if that means disappointing loads of people.

Niamh_Saoirse said:

Dude, you seriously need a reality check. And most of the horseshit in this place, come from your posts. They are utterly ridiculous.

Just cop on and accept the situation. Family comes first, even if that means disappointing loads of people.

Axver's been temporarily suspended.

Last edited:
is starting a fighting bitchfest all anyone can do on this board anymore????????????!!!!!!!!!:eyebrow:

i remember when not too long ago....pre-HTDAAB, interference had it's moments, but was a nice informative message board for the most part. i personally started coming here back in the Wire days because a bunch of mean-spirited bitches flamed me (on Wire) for living out my dream at 17-years-old and bellydancing onstage for U2. i found interference to be refuge from all that, and as i always lurked more than i posted, i enjoyed not seeing other people "flamed" for no reason as well! that said, i have found over the course of this tour in particular that there are more and more fights, flaming, etc than ever before... we used to be able to gently state opinions and not be harrassed to hell for it...agree to disagree if you will. i think that whatever has gone wrong here needs to be fixed ... and it's not by letting someone other than yourself get flamed for 30 plus pages and then and ONLY THEN do you LOCK the message. i don't know what i'm saying except NIP IT IN THE BUD!!! people should express their opinions but not be hurtful to others for no reason!!:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

that said, axver should have known better than to say what he's been saying about the postponement. :tsk: however, it's not a surprise since i've been watching him start, instigate, and continue fool-hearty fights all year on this board....

honestly, once or twice in an argument is one thing, but over and over? isn't this what we have MODS for??:scratch:

bottom line, can't we all just get along?! ....and grow some common sense about WHAT to say...and WHEN NOT to say it...:banghead:

i've said it before and i'll say it again...try to have some tact, and...GROW THE F:censored: UP!!!

Last edited:
quadcaster said:

different yes, if she were to (oh i pray she does not!) pass on, edge would not want to leave dublin and wont feel like touring for a while :sad: :( :( :( :( :sad:

you dont want her to pass on because it mean Edge wouldn't want to tour soon??? wtf???????

how about not wanting her to pass on simply because of how tragic and painful it would be for an 8 year old girl to die.

ffs people

digsy said:

you dont want her to pass on because it mean Edge wouldn't want to tour soon??? wtf???????

how about not wanting her to pass on simply because of how tragic and painful it would be for an 8 year old girl to die.

ffs people

no thats not what i ment!

i dont want her to die because i dont want her to die, i was just stating that that is what will happen if his daughter dies so people should brace themselves....

if his daughter does die i hope he does take some time off to be quite honest

oh and btw, people are making comments in here and others are jumping on their backs, some are uncalled for and some are innocent but people are taking things the wrong way and pouncing... so why not a bit of calm guys? i know we are all frustrated and annoyed that U2 wont be comming next week and we are all sad and depressed for the poor edges, especially sian, but its still no reason for all the personal attacks and all that rubbish that is going on

honestly everybody, stop the flaming, stop the anger, stop the crap!

digsy said:

ffs people

and btw incase you didnt notice i was explaining how it the whole U2 touring senario will turn out if she were to die! seriously you should learn the read the thing i quoted in the first place before you flame :eyebrow:

i mean what do you all take us for? heartless bastards?:sad:

Last edited:
i'm still waiting for this all to sink in

i've pulled some big strings and spent a blinding fortune going to hawaii, and yeah it sucks and its disappointing but its incomparable to the seriousness of a family member being that ill... and we all agree it has to be a big thing for them to take this big a step with regards to the tour.

so i don't know if i can or will reschedule my plans and yeah, i'm sad i won't get to see the show but at the end of the day i guess i'm still getting a holiday in Hawaii :shrug:

realy, the only thing thats important now is that whoever is ill gets all the support they need and gets better soon with their family beside them, however long that takes.

Last edited:
quadcaster said:

and btw incase you didnt notice i was explaining how it the whole U2 touring senario will turn out if she were to die! seriously you should learn the read the thing i quoted in the first place before you flame :eyebrow:

i mean what do you all take us for? heartless bastards?:sad:

sorry, it just came out wrong to my eyes

and yeah, there have been a couple of heartless bastards on this thread so its not an unreasonable jump to make.

sorry if i misunderstood you

Last edited:
Just to slightly change the topic. Is it possible for us as a group to send our best wishes to U2/U2management and show our support for their decision.

I'm from Australia, and yes we are disappointed, but I'd like to think most of us are supportive of the band and would like to help them through this difficult time.

Generally good philosophy to live by....

Life and Death are more important than anyone's self-important bullshit.

I consider myself lucky because the concert would've been held right smack in my town. I feel for those who have made elaborate plans only to have them busted and not being able to reshuffle time off work.

Some hotels here are being so understanding that they will refund deposits made by those who had booked rooms. I think that's the spirit, but I don't see bloody airline companies doing the same any time soon.

There is speculation that it could be Larry's dad who is ill, so I don't know what to believe. But anyone who is a fan of U2 - I mean, surely they'd feel more for their favourite guitarist (or whomever it is) than for themselves at this moment. He is, after all, a man who has given us so much through the years, even if we have not seen U2 play live, and jesus, for a father to go through this is just... it is so much bigger than even the music.

foray

foray said:
Some hotels here are being so understanding that they will refund deposits made by those who had booked rooms. I think that's the spirit, but I don't see bloody airline companies doing the same any time soon.

Air New Zealand and Qantas have allowed for resechduling.

foray said:
I think that's the spirit, but I don't see bloody airline companies doing the same any time soon.

The major Australian and NZ airlines, I think, have actually gone well above and beyond anything they need to do. Waiving all associated fees involved with changing flights, and allowing those that booked non-refundable/non-transferable flights to do so. I think there might be a few U2 fans at both airlines :wink:

digsy said:

sorry, it just came out wrong to my eyes

and yeah, there have been a couple of heartless bastards on this thread so its not an unreasonable jump to make.

sorry if i misunderstood you

its perfectly ok, i re-read what i wrote and i could see how you read it and it was my fault, everything written in here needs to be worded very carefully

and yes afew people look to have been heartless bastards, but go easy on them... i mean some may not know the whole story (such as what is wrong with sian edge) or they are just so shocked, just let it go for afew days and go easy is my suggestion

quadcaster said:

its perfectly ok, i re-read what i wrote and i could see how you read it and it was my fault, everything written in here needs to be worded very carefully

and yes afew people look to have been heartless bastards, but go easy on them... i mean some may not know the whole story (such as what is wrong with sian edge) or they are just so shocked, just let it go for afew days and go easy is my suggestion

i think we're all a bit shocked

and yeah i do understand that people are gonna get stressed about hotels and flights, this can really put a lot of people out of pocket (myself included)

i think we're all just struggling to find and express the balance between our own predicaments, which are really tough for some, and sympathy towards the band.

the odd post here and there is coming out REALLY badly though which is increasing tensions....
its gonna be interseting to see how peoples feelings develop over the next few days as this all sinks in.

once again, sorry if i jumped down your throat

Last edited:
bono_man2002 said:

Air New Zealand and Qantas have allowed for resechduling.

Seriously? Wow, that is great, great news. I almost can't believe it. Perhaps Qantas, but I have had such bad experiences with ANZ in the past that I was sure they wouldn't see past bureaucracy.

foray

I can't believe Virgin Blue haven't come to the party with fees..still $35 per passenger for changes - COME ON VIRGIN!

haha not literally! :reject:

This hasn't sunk in yet...you know how you start to get into pre concert hype and U2 is the only thing you will listen to....I was just getting in that phase and also starting to really count down and remind everyone at work where I was going at the end of the month......I am shattered I have to admit. I have prebooked accomodation and may lose money but hey - who cares?? But at the same time - my heart goes out to Edge and the family.....but I will wait....to the point that if they rebook when I am booked to go on holiday - I will cancel them. I have waited too long to see these boys!!!! I could possible even go to more shows now.....we'll wait and see. I will wait....and I will wait patiently and hope that there is good news on all fronts - for the fans and also for the Edge and his family.......

Everyone needs to step back and think about the whole picture......there is more to it than a few dollars lost and the life of someone that you love.....

Does this work? Sorry if it was posted before, all these pages are one big clutter in my brain.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/music/u2-pulls-out-of-tour-in-name-of-love/2006/03/09/1141701632841.html

To be fair, events of this size, tours of this size, would always book in Plan B's at the same time as they book in Plan A's. There is a lot riding on these things, and you want to be able to put forward Plan B as soon as possible so as to limit issues or disappointment. Remember that this week a hurricane could have whipped through Auckland and ripped part of the stadium apart, or the cargo plane could have overshot the runway landing in Sydney and rendered the stage useless, or a million other things and caused a similar postponement. These things are planned for.

As it stands these concerts have been originally scheduled to take place in the final weeks just before the football season starts here in Australia, which knocks these stadiums out until mid September. Word is late September/early October are the new scheduled dates, and I'd suggest those have been locked in 'just in case' all along. It would be poor planning if they weren't, remembering as I said, any number of hundreds of things can and could cause such a postponement at very short notice.

Earnie Shavers said:
To be fair, events of this size, tours of this size, would always book in Plan B's at the same time as they book in Plan A's. There is a lot riding on these things, and you want to be able to put forward Plan B as soon as possible so as to limit issues or disappointment. Remember that this week a hurricane could have whipped through Auckland and ripped part of the stadium apart, or the cargo plane could have overshot the runway landing in Sydney and rendered the stage useless, or a million other things and caused a similar postponement. These things are planned for.

As it stands these concerts have been originally scheduled to take place in the final weeks just before the football season starts here in Australia, which knocks these stadiums out until mid September. Word is late September/early October are the new scheduled dates, and I'd suggest those have been locked in 'just in case' all along. It would be poor planning if they weren't, remembering as I said, any number of hundreds of things can and could cause such a postponement at very short notice.

So this leads to the question: would they add additional shows at that time... I mean, to round the whole crew up for a 10 show mini tour, while do-able, seems like a lot of work for just 10 shows. Hopefully, they'll have a new record out by then and maybe they'd extend it for a bit. Just being optimistic...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom