MERGED --> U2 Vertigo Tour - Postponed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
still not believe it..!!!!still shocking news even already 30 pages...
can't work today thinking about postponed news....
already confirmed right?any possibilty they still concert with same date??cancelled their postponed news....and Sian get better...(just cross our finger)

Tonight's announcement was "unavoidable due to the illness of an immediate family member of one of the band," according to the official statement.

Said TNA President Arthur Fogel: "Any fan of U2 will realise that this decision has not been taken lightly. We will announce further details as soon as we have them."

Ticketmaster Australia advises fans to "please retain your tickets until further announcements are made." And Greg Terlizzi, a spokesman for Hawaiian concert promoter Live Nation, also says a new show date is anticipated.

Well Im glad Qantas have done that too.. although I guess they had to really.. But Well done to both air lines. Expect Virgin to follow

It is expected that some people will react irrationally to this news at first. I feel for those who had made arrangements, but the real issue here is the health of the family member. I just hope that Edge's daughter gets well, it would be devastating otherwise.

U2 shows halted
By entertainment editor Andrew Banks
09mar06
AUSTRALIAN fans of U2 will have to wait a little while longer to see their idols after the Irish supergroup postponed their Vertigo tour today.

An immediate family member of one of the band is ill, forcing the delay announced today.

"It is with great regret that The Next Adventure and Michael Coppel announce the postponement of the final ten dates of U2's Vertigo '06 tour," Ticketek's website stated.

"This action is unavoidable due to the illness of an immediate family member of one of the band. "Any fan of U2 will realise that this decision has not been taken lightly", said TNA President Arthur Fogel. "We will announce further details as soon as we have them."

The affected shows - which are all sold out - are: March 17 and 18 (Auckland), March 21 (Brisbane), March 24 and 25 (Melbourne), March 28 (Adelaide), plus March 31 and April 1 (Sydney).

Upcoming dates in New Zealand, Japan and Hawaii have also been postponed.

U2 was to kick off the Australian leg of its world tour in Brisbane on March 21, before playing Melbourne, Adelaide and Sydney.

All shows were sold out, except Adelaide, where additional tickets had been put on sale.

Ticketholders are advised to keep their tickets until further notice.

It would have been eight years since Bono and the boys played on Australian shores.

The group has already played sold-out gigs in North America, Europe and South America as part of the Vertigo roadshow.

The tour followed the release of the band's 11th album, How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb, which has sold more than 2.85 million copies in the United States alone.

- with AAP

Aussie Edge said:
Well Im glad Qantas have done that too.. although I guess they had to really.. But Well done to both air lines. Expect Virgin to follow

is it actually possible for virgin to do that for us?

but is it virgin blue that fly to nz? i thought it was a different branch of virgin....

We are all fuckin' selfish bustards, we only think about ourselves, how would you feel if a member of your close family or a person who is important to you is seriously sick? My first selfish reaction was - shit why now, I've spent a fortune just to travel down under and to see U2 again. I've raised a lone at the bank, I've lend some money from my parents and my brother, why now? I'm about to leave my home (I live in Croatia - heart of Europe) and fly to New Zealand this Saturday and instead of feeling happy I feel miserable. My friend and I been through hell to get visas for New Zealand, if it wasn't for them we would probably gave up.

So, first shock is behind me, I feel very sorry for Edge's daughter, I hope she will get better. Family is always at first place for me, I would do the same thing, I would cancel my trip or something else, if something like that will happen to member of my family.

I still got 3 weeks in New Zealand and Australia ahead of me, and lot of beautiful places to see and interesting people to meet, so what if I won't be on 5 gigs and celebrate my 33 birthday on U2 concert on St Patrick day, some things are not meant to be?! I guess, I have to wait another 4 or 5 years to see them again, and meanwhile enjoy extraordinary landscapes of New Zealand and Australia, and get the best out of this mess. And my prayers go to Edge's daughter, so help her God, please!

Sky news

just had pictures of Bono in Sydney with his wife

and confirmed it is Edge's daughter who is seriously ill

POISON attention.... we are not selfish.... I am concerned about Sian terriably, but that doesent mean i should stop loooking for answers.

Bono in Sydney said:
I would suggest any rescheduled concerts will be when Sian is better

i dont want to sound pesemistic or anything by saying this, but.....

from the sudden postpone-ing of the tour, it wouldnt surprise me if the poor girl has taken a turn for the worst :(

if she passes away that is a different issue, but while she is sick or unwell or in treatment, or recovering - SHE NEEDS HER DADDY!

Bono in Sydney said:
if she passes away that is a different issue, but while she is sick or unwell or in treatment, or recovering - SHE NEEDS HER DADDY!

different yes, if she were to (oh i pray she does not!) pass on, edge would not want to leave dublin and wont feel like touring for a while :sad: :( :( :( :( :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom