MERGED --> u2.com - DATES IN A WEEK! All Upcoming Tour Dates Discussion Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mags said:
Fredstab you're not the only one. I am continually checking out for the Aus dates...it really is crazy! :(

Just today, I checked interference, u2log, achtung u2! and u2.com minimun 15 times EACH!

I need a BREAK! But I Can't

4 8 15 16 23 42

My power has been out for 14 hours and just got back on. I thought I was going to miss out on huge news.

Turns out it was a good thing because I didn't lose hours of my life.

Instead, I slept like a normal person.

But, on the brightside, the annual "U2 Marathon" in Cleveland will be on soon! :madspit:

Axver said:

It wasn't an improv. The band had been soundchecking it for a while beforehand - for example, in Zurich on 23 July 2001, two weeks before the Antwerp performance. It existed musically, I just think Bono hadn't come up with some final lyrics (or he just sucks at remembering them, which we already know anyway!).

I'm aware of the Zurich soundcheck, but I still call it an improv.
If musically something exists (although Edge improvised a whole lot in that Antwerp performance) and lyrically doesn't at all, it is technically an improvisation.

scotttnz said:
Still nothing....

It's Thursday....thats 10 days after they said "within the NEXT week" what a drag......

BUT.....BUT.....BUT.....AN ANNOUNCEMENT IS IMMINENT!!

And also, they are so very, very sorry, and they care about the inconvenience they're causing some of their fans.

We just don't understand the utter complexities involved with scheduling and announcing 10 concert dates. It takes months and months and months. Sometimes years.

Don't worry though, the announcement will be in the next week, or it will be imminent. OR THEY'LL JUST ANNOUNCE THE DATES WHEN THEY DAMN WELL FEEL LIKE IT. But they are Very, Very Sorry.

So, Carter Allen says stadium dates...
:hmm: I wonder where. It would be rather odd for a DJ in Boston to make a statement like that if the stadiums weren't in the US, wouldn't it?

U2dork said:
So, Carter Allen says stadium dates...
:hmm: I wonder where. It would be rather odd for a DJ in Boston to make a statement like that if the stadiums weren't in the US, wouldn't it?

Gee.....Ya Think? Stadium Dates? Who woulda thunk it?

I don't think this means anything. Even an idiot could have known that they would be stadium dates. They were All Stadium Dates to begin with!

So....this is the big news? Who the hell is Carter Allen, and what significance is it that he says there are "stadium dates."

And No, I do not think it means more shows in the U.S., unless they're on the West Coast, and warm ups before heading to Australia.

I just read that, and got all excited thinking it was the actual announcement.

I gotta learn to read things thoroughly first before jumping to conclusions. :lol:

SoCalMusicLover said:

I don't think this means anything. Even an idiot could have known that they would be stadium dates. They were All Stadium Dates to begin with!

So....this is the big news? Who the hell is Carter Allen, and what significance is it that he says there are "stadium dates."

And No, I do not think it means more shows in the U.S., unless they're on the West Coast, and warm ups before heading to Australia.

:eyebrow:

I'm sure it's unintentional, but your post comes across with a touch of hostility.

And yes, everyone knows the original dates were stadiums, but the way the statement was posted in the news section made it seem like there were stadium dates other than the original cities.

Carter Alan is a Boston DJ long known to have ties to U2. I highly doubt he would be reporting this unless the U.S., other than only Hawaii, is expected to get some shows. These could be October dates, which would allow for outdoor shows even in colder parts of the U.S.

Last edited:
U2dork said:

:eyebrow:

I'm sure it's unintentional, but your post comes across with a touch of hostility.

It wasn't directed at you. I'm just frustrated that they're being so secretive, and keep throwing out little promises about announcing the dates, etc.

I don't see how some DJ saying that there are U2 stadium dates, means anything. I also do not see how they will be able to play more than a couple of weeks of shows in the U.S., if that, prior to being in Australia the first half of November.

I admit, that if there is anything beyond Australia, Japan & Hawaii, I'll be pleasantly surprised. But for now, it's ridiculous that they haven't announced anything official for the postponed shows, and a DJ announcing stadium shows is earth shattering news. Or it could just be obvious.

SoCalMusicLover said:

I don't see how some DJ saying that there are U2 stadium dates, means anything. I also do not see how they will be able to play more than a couple of weeks of shows in the U.S., if that, prior to being in Australia the first half of November.

It may or may not mean anything that carter Alan was saying this, but as he has ties to the band, he may have got tipped off that the U.S. is in store for 2-3 weeks of stadium shows. That's all the time they really need to play their strongest U.S. markets. Foxboro, MA, New York or East Rutherford, NJ, Philadelphia, Chicago, San francisco and Los Angeles are about all I would expect anyway if U2 were to do stadium dates and those could be played in a 2-3 week time frame.

When U.S. summer stadium dates were rumored, I don't think it was expected to last more than a few weeks anyway, hitting just their strongest markets.

kellyahern said:
I thinks it's time for another round of the bubble game :shifty:.
:shifty:

I went a whole 24+ hours without playing the game. Maybe later this evening, after I get some semblance of work done :shifty:

Back to your regularly scheduled U2 recheduled dates guestimating :wink:

Halup said:
Philadelphia

I've yet to see U2 live, this could be big if they do that!

All these hopes up, I'm bound to crash when it isn't anything more than we expected...:(

Maybe U2 will play 10-15 stadium shows in the states to warm up before they head down under. We'll see...

SoCalMusicLover said:

Interference's story with regards to this should be more clear - the original post about this (at U2 tour) mentionned she head Carter Alan saying U2 will bring some stadium shows to the "continental USA"...

Also - if they're adding new shows, figuring out how to sell tickets for the additional shows might be the cause of the delay - I'm sure they want to avoid fiascos like before...
It would be interesting to see if they if give preferential treatment to U2.com members or if they scrap that entirely.

Hello Fred ! I might see you in the fall! :wave:

Last edited:
SoCalMusicLover said:

It wasn't directed at you.

After looking at the last couple of posts you've made, since your speaking this way to everyone I won't take it personally.

And ladywithspinninghead, I think you're right about trying to prevent fiascos. I wonder how the ticket sale thing would work since they said that future ticket sales wouldn't be related to membership to the fanclub...

The quote on the news page there would be U2 stadium news, not U.S. stadium news, but perhaps that is a typo and it means U.S. after all. And in that case, 1) Hawaii is the U.S., and 2) I just don't see it happening. With all the people involved in planning dates in the continental U.S., news or rumors would have leaked before now. Granted, Carter Alan has a close relationship with the band, but what about how busy stadiums are with football in the fall? I'm not feelin' it. :shrug:

Expect what they planned and nothing more. Simply, there's no real reason to believe anything other than that.

ladywithspinninghead said:

Interference's story with regards to this should be more clear - the original post about this (at U2 tour) mentionned she head Carter Alan saying U2 will bring some stadium shows to the "continental USA"...

Interesting. :hmm: I don't see it happening though. :shrug: I'm not gonna get my hopes up for anything...

I hope I'm wrong.

ladywithspinninghead said:

where did this originate again? u2tours.com or u2tour.de or where? :confused:

The only thing I saw was @ U2log:

8 weeks of Vertigo
Hurry up, U2.com. Announce those tour dates because a believable birdy told us the resumed fourth leg of the Vertigo Tour will last 8 weeks and wrap up by mid-December.

I'm sure they'll just extend the original dates to make up for the delay

phillyfan26 said:
Expect what they planned and nothing more. Simply, there's no real reason to believe anything other than that.

What they had planned was 10 dates. Australia, New Zealand, Tokyo and Honolulu.

I'm sorry, but it's a J-O-K-E.....JOKE, that it's taken so long to make the announcement of rescheduled dates.

I've heard the arguments about all the details that have to be taken care of. So So many items apparently. Like what?

Bottom line is the dates were rescheduled months ago. It does not take long to coordinate with Ticketmaster to schedule onsales.

The worst is the weekly "promises" from U2.Com about how hard they're working, how much they care, and how the announcement will be within a week, within a day, etc.

So, I'd like to be enlightened on what "details" would take so long? For one thing, most tickets have already been sold. The only detail necessary is scheduling new dates with the various stadiums. You can be assured, that happened weeks and months ago.

They're playing games at this point, and a simple statement that dates would be announced on such and such day, would have prevented us calling them liars, i.e. "announcement WITHIN 1 WEEK."

SoCalMusicLover said:

What they had planned was 10 dates. Australia, New Zealand, Tokyo and Honolulu.

I'm sorry, but it's a J-O-K-E.....JOKE, that it's taken so long to make the announcement of rescheduled dates.

I've heard the arguments about all the details that have to be taken care of. So So many items apparently. Like what?

Bottom line is the dates were rescheduled months ago. It does not take long to coordinate with Ticketmaster to schedule onsales.

The worst is the weekly "promises" from U2.Com about how hard they're working, how much they care, and how the announcement will be within a week, within a day, etc.

So, I'd like to be enlightened on what "details" would take so long? For one thing, most tickets have already been sold. The only detail necessary is scheduling new dates with the various stadiums. You can be assured, that happened weeks and months ago.

They're playing games at this point, and a simple statement that dates would be announced on such and such day, would have prevented us calling them liars, i.e. "announcement WITHIN 1 WEEK."

I don't think they've known for months. They had an idea, which they slowly have sured up, and have possibly made a couple switches. While it is a lie to say it is in one week and not come through, it's not intentional just to piss you off like you keep saying.

Hi B! :wave: I actually don't know what the original source is.

I do agree with phillyfan26--having to wait for dates so long really lends itself to so much speculation. harmless, i guess, unless people get pissed off or disappointed. "More shows in the U.S.!" "What? The U.S. has had enough shows!" "Why don't they play Tajikistan?" "Well if they are going to Hawaii they *could* do Fiji, too. The dates work..."

:crack:

However, having them come out with extra dates is the only explanation that would make the delay make sense.

phillyfan26 said:
However, having them come out with extra dates is the only explanation that would make the delay make sense.

Stage building could take some time, and most of the crew will be brand-new to the tour since the old crew took other jobs for the fall. There will likely be breaks in between. Bono and Alli seem to love spending time in Australia and have family there. Edge might go to LA between Japan and Hawaii--who knows? I wouldn't be shocked with a couple of extra dates in already scheduled cities, but I don't expect some major expansion of what was already scheduled.

STILL no dates? :|

Geez, I thought we'd hopefully get something overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom