MERGED --> Song Before U2 Comes On Stage MEGATHREAD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ellay

Refugee
Intro Music

Hi, question to anyone who went last night.

What intro music did they use, and which songs were played in the final run up before the concert started.

final run up they played pink floyds MONEY /man they better play that song on ever show!!!!!!!!!!!

it does not fit with the u2 sound but it rocks!!!!!!!!!!!

i know ill be head banging to MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The song that was used RIGHT before they took the stage, blasted louder than the other songs, was the Arcade Fire's "Wake Up," and it was PERFECT.

Thanks,

Don't think Ive heard Wake up before.

Reckon they'll change them as the tours goes on?

they better keep MONEY!!!!!!!!!

or maby some led zeppelin songs!!!!!!!!

i rather listen to those songs and not sit through the opening bands!!!!!!!!!!!

NumbMacphisto said:
The song that was used RIGHT before they took the stage, blasted louder than the other songs, was the Arcade Fire's "Wake Up," and it was PERFECT.

i would prefer it if they just played the entire 'Funeral' CD and skipped kings of leon.

Preshow Tunes?

I know it has been listed somewhere, but can someone list the pre-show warmup song the band has been playing prior to taking the stage?

I've read that they've played:

Money - Pink Floyd
Beastie Boys - Check It Out
Smiths - Panic
Green Day - American Idiot

I've also heard that they play an Arcade Fire song? Which one? What's the name of that tune?

paultjr said:
"Wake Up" - The Arcade Fire

Ahhh...thank you. They are on the Canadian version of Time magazine....

I'm Canadian and haven't heard any of their tunes!!!

I think they may be performing at the Junos this evening as well.

I'm gonna have to check the track out!

Thank you!

Yeah but who is that covering REM's "It's the end of the World as we know it" at the end of the show?

Pre-Concert song

Hi, apologies if this has been posted before. Could somebody tell me what song is playing immediatley before the show starts.

Thank you,

C.

If you mean the one before the "Everyone"s, I think it's by the Arcade Fire. I believe the title of the song is "Wake Up"?

In fact, go out and buy their album that came out last year called Funeral. It is my favorite record of 2004. :drool:

Yup, Wake Up by Arcade Fire. BUY it, it's awesome.

If everyone downloads everything these bands won't get a second album.
You reap what you sow.
Spend some cash cheapasses.
That album is worth 20 bucks let alone the 12.99 you can find it for.

on the same note - does anyone know who does the cover of ITEOTWAWKI(AIFF)?

Wow - and I thought acronyms like HTDAAB, ATYCLB, SYCMIOYO and SIAMYCGOO were long

EDIT - the cover i refer to is the one they play after the lights come up at the end of the show.

Last edited:
Iskra said:
Yup, Wake Up by Arcade Fire. BUY it, it's awesome.

If everyone downloads everything these bands won't get a second album.
You reap what you sow.
Spend some cash cheapasses.
That album is worth 20 bucks let alone the 12.99 you can find it for.

I was talking about downloading from iTunes, not for free. So hey, if they turn out to be well downloaded on iTunes, I think it's safe to say that they'll be ok. Albeit .99 at a time, the check is still headed to them. People are far more willing to spend a dollar on a song than 15 or so on an entire cd that they are unsure of. I understand the whole "appreciate the whole album" idea and all, but I think that iTunes does wonders for exposure for the bands and experimentation for the listeners. If you like more than two or three songs, then go out and buy the cd - and then they're making their money twice!

Los Angeles 1--Does anyone know the song just before the show started?

I was at Staples Center on Tuesday, 4/5. Awesome, awesome show!

Does anyone know the band/song that was played just before U2 took to the stage? It seemed to have singing groups, almost like an actual choir, overlapping each other.

It was a cool song and I'd like to check it out further.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom