MERGED ---> So how is it? + Now that it has soaked in, what's your review of Windows?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can anyone not love this song...have to be pessmistic by nature for this song not to move you a bit. Especially in the breakdown

Angtre01 said:
The Chorus is unreal. Beautiful Day meets the Beatles. Bono's voice has NEVER been better...

You know, people keep saying Beatles, Lennon, how many falsetto choruses did they have? I am struggling right now to think of any. I think it's more accurate to make a Bee Gees or Beach Boys comparison here.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
kroq completely fucked up the begining by running the radiohead song late

LOL LOL yup.... My friend thought it was a complete f-up on their part. I had to explain that to him aswell.

europop2005 said:
love the song...but the drums seem a bit...off

true. it's like larry has a completely different timing than the rest of the band :giggle:

U2girl said:
:huh: E. Storm was U2 by the numbers. This isn't.
You have no idea how much I agree with that statement! While I do enjoy ES - it's got that classic slow-building, up to a climax thing going on - it also contains possibly the worst lyric Bono has ever written ("heavy as a truck"? WTF bono?).

I really do enjoy WITS - I'd put it up there with "Angel of Harlem" (though we'll see how it stands a few months from now :wink:).

Considering I wasn't too fond of the beach clip demo for WITS, I am very pleased with how it turned out - definately exceeded my expectations!

Roland of Gilead said:
Forget the dark. Give me the psychedelic. :drool:

Yeah, psychedelic U2 would be nice. Pity Window in the Skies is about as far from psychedelic rock as you can get. ;)

U2DMfan said:

You know, people keep saying Beatles, Lennon, how many falsetto choruses did they have? I am struggling right now to think of any. I think it's more accurate to make a Bee Gees or Beach Boys comparison here.

:shrug:

Maybe, but the piano-based melody reminded me of them, Bono seems to be chanelling Lennon in his singing, even the guitar solo sounds like George Harrison.

Angtre01 said:
How can anyone not love this song...have to be pessmistic by nature for this song not to move you a bit. Especially in the breakdown

:up: :up: :up: This song is absolutely beautiful.

thelaj said:
Is it just me, or is there a clumsy sounding/mistake in Edge's guitar at 2.22?

That´s actually my favorite part of the song. When Bono quietly sings the chorus line.

I thought it was beautiful and regret having EVER downloaded the beach clips now...only because I didn't like the beach clip version of the song...but I am loving this song.

djerdap said:

That´s actually my favorite part of the song. When Bono quietly sings the chorus line.

I like all of it, especially the second half, but in headphones, the Edge's note really jumps out.

bono_212 said:
I thought it was beautiful and regret having EVER downloaded the beach clips now...only because I didn't like the beach clip version of the song...but I am loving this song.

I'm in that camp also. I hated 400 as much as some people here hate Mercy. Now, it's a completely different story. So I came to think that you can see it that way, or imagine how much better your favourite clip is going to be. 402 :drool: and 404 :drool: :drool: :drool:

WOW

i wanted another direction as well, but this is AMAZING

its not one of their best as bono said, but its great

i dont know..i love all of u2's stuff, but this is great based on the first few listens.

It just has something extra on it than the HTDAAB, I think thats the produciton. It just comes across better to me, it's hard to explain. Rubin did a great job producing it.

Great lyrics too, good stuff. I would love to SEe what Rubin would have done with the BOMB.

Yes, WOW.

Amazing, breathtaking track that should be a monster sing-along when played live. All the little different vocal melodies and harmonies in the back half of the song are spectacular.

Very well-produced, too -- kudos to Rick Rubin.

The Beatles + The Rev. Billy Graham = "Window in the Skies"

Note - "Window" is singular - only "one" way through....

(Thinking back to Bono's dialouge in "Bono in Conversation"

justinlacy said:
The Beatles + The Rev. Billy Graham = "Window in the Skies"

Note - "Window" is singular - only "one" way through....

(Thinking back to Bono's dialouge in "Bono in Conversation"

What are you talking about?

(I don't mean to sound confrontational, I'm just curious is all.)

My thoughts on the song...

Sound seems to have a strong Beatles influence...

Message is about the the love of God...through the death and ressurection of Christ (..the is stone it has been moved, the grave is now a groove, all debts are now removed...), reminds me of the message presented by the Rev. Billy Graham

Christ took on our sins, died for them, and then overcame death. Christ states there is only "one" way to the Father - through the Son. The one "Window".

That is why I think the word "Window" is singular and not plural.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom