MERGED--> Shooter loose on Virginia Tech campus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
BREAKING NEWS
MSNBC staff and news service reports
Updated: less than 1 minute ago
BLACKSBURG, Va. - At least 22 people were killed Monday in a shooting rampage on the Virginia Tech campus, police said. They said the gunman was among the dead.

This breaking story will be updated.

Thank you.

i have my suspicions. i don't knwo if it was related to the bomb threats. but since the first shooting happened on the 4th floor in the dorm, i think it was a student who was the shooter. dorms are on lockdown after 10pm until 10am every night. for someone to be in their, he/she must live their or somebody must've let them in. i think my studnet was shot bc he is an RA and he was prob trying to resolve an altercation.

those are my suspicions...nothing confirmed.

Such a beloved university in Va and a peaceful community...it's where the majority of kids in my hometown go to school.

Absolutely horrifying.

I want to know if the shooter is a student, etc. and why the campus wasn't put on lockdown after the first shooting...why weren't classes cancelled right away?

I was just up in the lounge area having lunch with my coworkers and we were watching CNN. This is absolutely stomach-churning. I work at a university, and this is the kind of thing that is your worst nightmare. Students all around us were trying to call friends...I think everyone here knows people down at Tech. :(

:hug: unico

Stay strong Mia we are all here for you :hug:

I offer my :pray: to all of those who know someone that is involved

No matter how many school shootings there are they just make me madder each time. Noone has the right to go out and to do something like this

sulawesigirl4 said:
.I think everyone here knows people down at Tech. :(

:hug: unico

I doubt there's a town in the whole state that doesn't know people at Tech. :(

Last edited:
onebloodonelife said:
Absolutely horrifying.

I want to know if the shooter is a student, etc. and why the campus wasn't put on lockdown after the first shooting...why weren't classes cancelled right away?

Yeah, classes were canceled at 10:30...which was after both shootings had happened. Which I think was weird.

I got an e-mail telling us of the 1st shooting at 9:30am, and I got an e-mail telling us to stay put at 10am.

Isn't this the anniversary of the Columbine shootings?

This simply awful! How could someone do something like this!

Mia, my thoughts and prayers are with you...

My heart breaks for the victims and their families. There are no words to describe how horrendously tragic this is. :(

joyfulgirl said:
I doubt there's a town in the whole state that doesn't know people at Tech. :(

That's probably true. Everyone I have talked to today has a friend or relative down there as a student or on staff. This definitely is affecting a lot of people.

Mia, that's such a relief that your student is ok. Very glad to hear it. :hug:

21 dead and 21 injured. All I can keep thinking is that's the number of students I had last semester. It would be like one whole class injured and one whole class dead.

The students must be terrified not really knowing what's going on and not being able to leave their rooms.

That's a blessing knowing your student is okay.

unico said:

Yeah, classes were canceled at 10:30...which was after both shootings had happened. Which I think was weird.

I got an e-mail telling us of the 1st shooting at 9:30am, and I got an e-mail telling us to stay put at 10am.

It is odd...

:hug: I'm glad that you and your student are okay. :hug:

Horrible horrible news!!:(

My thoughts are with you Mia and those affected by this tragedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom