MERGED-->New Battlestar Galactica + the most politically...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UberBeaver said:

However, what I do like about standalonnes is that they fill you in on the day to day living on the ship. I don't know why, but I was somewhat surprised to see Sharon and Helo just living like normal people with a baby. I assumed the baby would be in a lab or something. I do like the little touches like that.

Good point about the standalones. As long as they are done well, it's ok to have them here and there, to help flesh out the back stories of the main characters.

And yay for the renewal! I was worried for a bit there that the ratings wouldn't recover, but apparently the move has worked out enough for them.

Not sure about last night's episode. It was good, but not great. I do like that they are examining different relationships between different crew members. Although it didn't really do anything to the main story arc, it connected to previous events and therefore kept things moving forward.

So how does Season 3 stack up to the others?

I just finished the Season 2 episode that introduced D'anna Biers / another Cylon.

So I've been really really busy and I just got around to watching last week's episode on Saturday night... haven't yet watched last night's episode. I must say that I did really like the Helo storyline. The guy can't seem to keep out of trouble with the higher-ups! But what about classy Adama and his apology? As always, Olmos steals the scene.

But I agree with most others here about the "standalone" episodes... they do feel like they're a little bit out of nowhere. If they would even put in little teasers about the "larger" issues... like Baltar's trial, what the Cylons are doing, etc... I think that would help to keep the chronology on track.

That said, though, I did really like this episode and getting to know some more of the characters on BSG :)

LemonMacPhisto said:
So how does Season 3 stack up to the others?

I just finished the Season 2 episode that introduced D'anna Biers / another Cylon.

Tough to say with Season 3 not over yet. I guess it depends how it finishes. The main storyline is in a bit of a lull now, and some of the episodes work more than others, but the first four or five episodes of Season 3 were incredible. :drool:

Season 2 was excellent with the exception of one or two clunkers here and there.

Last night's was good. That was the most we've seen of Cally in a while. I'm a big Cally fan :cute:. I do wish they'd get back to the main plot, but at the same time I appreciate the character development that's going on. Helo, Chief, Dualla, Cally, etc. I like how they are brought forward. And how come I never noticed Ceelix before?

Season 3 started off real good, but it's been kinda slow lately. Season 1 was probably my favorite, but Season 2 is right up there, with a couple of exceptions. I'm hoping that this current Season 3 is just some filler and that they plan on going all out for the last few episodes. I don't mind the filler, really.

I liked last night's episode. I like the fact that the writers care enough about the people they've created to flesh them out more than you'd see in most tv series. That said they better start some action on the Baltar trial next week. :D

Diemen said:
That said they better start some action on the Baltar trial next week. :D

Seriously. Two weeks and only passing mentions of this trial... how long has it been in Galactica time? A couple of months? more?

And again, this week, I have to applaud the editors... they made some absolutely masterful cuts in the Adama scenes.

When I first watched the ep, I thought that Adama's snapped for good and has his own 'Six in the head' so to speak. Good episode though, I liked that they gave some background to Bill's (finally...) life.

When I saw Chief & Cally's quarters, they seem to have escaped the bunk with others situation, but their room's not so big... they have their privacy, but it doesn't compare to Helo & Athena's quarters. Of course rank comes in hand, and I wonder if that'll come into play next episode.

Hi BSG fans! I've just watched season 1 and 2 in the past two weeks and I am totally hooked on this show. It is really good! I'm catching up with season 3, so I didn't read all of the thread, but I'll get there pretty soon!

Last night's episode was excellent, I thought, until 10 minutes to go. It seriously looked like it would take another episode to resolve, and I fully expected a "To Be Continued" at the end, but then all of the sudden it's worked out, more or less. I thought it was quite sudden, although the end result was cool.

Chief is a cool character - two episodes in a row where he's been in the primary story.

Tyrol's one of my favorite characters, behind Cmd. Adama, Starbuck, and yes, Dr. Baltar.

Baltar is awesome. Such an interesting character. I love how they make him so weak and slimy, yet still somehow charasmatic. I think that's a lot like real life, some people you just know you shouldn't like, but you can't help it. I thought his doing his native accent was very cool.

UberBeaver said:
I liked the episode, I was hoping it would become a storyline arc. That would have been cool.

That's what I was thinking. Imagine if he had challenged Adama while in the cell, and the admirial had Cally killed. How the new union would go ballistic over that, and how the news would spread throughout the fleet. A new rebellion of sorts would form. And at the same time, yeah, the cylons are still out there.

What a storyline that would have been. I think it got tied up a bit too quickly if you ask me, although again, the very end with Seelix was kinda cool.

I think Starbuck will be back, she has to. Most likely as one of the 5, but possibly as something else? I dunno. She did have her hand on the eject, and Lee did see the Cylon raider.

Then again, my predictions are never right.

Oh man, this show kicks so much ass. Just when it was sorta slowing down a bit - BAM. Beauty.

Whoo... just finished watching the episode. I loved the backstory to Kara... but kinda like wtf... they killed her off like that. But I so agree w/the lot of you, that they have to bring her back... no surprise that she'll be part of the Final Five. Big shocker if she isn't.

Good start... lazy finish IMO.
LOVED the Leoben scenes though.

I know he said something about having visual contact. Maybe he was more concerned with Kara though. I don't know. Now I'll have to rewatch.

I also liked the special effects in this episode.

Back
Top Bottom