MERGED-->New Battlestar Galactica + the most politically...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, it looks like they've wrapped those stories up for the time being, which is good. They could only go so far with it.

The jury episode should be cool, and Tom Zarek returns...

Of course, it skips next week because of the Super Bowl.

UberBeaver said:
I'm not feeling the love stories they got going on. But the Baltar storyline = I dig it.

:up:

For awhile (before the mid-season break), I was interested in the whole love story thing... but I think it's played out. How many times can they get Lee and Kara together and then keep them apart? I hope that they don't do too much more of that for awhile.

But I'm seriously loving the Balter/Cylon/torture storyline, they really intrigued me with it and I hope they continue to play it out it the next few episodes. So Baltar's not one of the five... are the final five CHILDREN? I'm still thinking about that scene. And the whole issue of putting Baltar on drugs (and taking away his free will) was a difficult issue.

Bring on the trial!

While I'm pretty much over the love story, I have to give big props to the editors this week. I thought it was absolutely masterful cutting between the two storylines. Very complementary and very tension building.

Thank gods this time they redeemed themselves. I LOVED this episode. I have to say, the writers and producers and whomeverthefrak had a hand in the ep really know what they did.

And the fact that there wasn't a lot of subplots made it so much better, that we could concentrate on the plot at hand, and not have our attentions diverted to other things.

I love the Baltar line... and Uber, I think that was the plot "spoiler" that my bf was talking about, with Baltar showing up in the resurrection pod. I was somewhat surprised, but more :ohmy: 'd when the Sixes started ripping his skin... that was wow...

All in all, the whole ep... WOW. Talk about redemption. I am a bit peeved about the Superbowl threatening BSG's ratings that they have to postpone the ep until two weeks later, but I'm willing to wait... if they keep churning eps like Sunday nights... :drool:

By the by, did anyone get to see the extended version of the bonus scene? As usual I'm too late for the party. :sad:

I did see the bonus scene, which was a brief exchange between Roslin and Caprica. It was just Roslin asking for information. It was rather quick and didn't really add anything to the story.

Sevikins said:
I am a bit peeved about the Superbowl threatening BSG's ratings that they have to postpone the ep until two weeks later, but I'm willing to wait... if they keep churning eps like Sunday nights... :drool:

Every show does that, though. It's pointless going up against the Super Bowl - it's the only thing people watch that night. I doubt even a show like Desperate Housewives will be on.

Hey party people. Redhotswami mentioned in another thread that she has X-Files action figures and she could make a movie with them How do you feel about this plot? I posted it in the other thread, but since I don't think there's any BSG fans in there they probably don't know what I was going on about. Anyway:

DO. IT. I think midway through the Death Star should come into view, turns out Mulder and Scully are really brother/sister, Cancer Man is Darth Vader's father (dude had the midochlorians to be that bad ass) and the Well Manicured Man is in league with Palapatine. Gob Bluth needs to command a Battlestar, maybe the Galactica? No, a different one, one thought lost in the Klingon Invasion of '79. Turns out Picard stole the cloaking device, snuck it to the Lone Gunman who in turn smuggled it on board the Battlestar Truth. In fact - and here's the fucking twist that will tie everything together - the phrase "The Truth is Out There" was meant to be taken literally. The Thruth is the Battlestar that can save humanity from the deadly bees we see in the movie - but it can't move because (DUN DUN DUN DUUUN) - It RAN OUT OF BLACK OIL! So we load Krychek, who's a Cylon, with black oil, teleport him to the Galatica, BAM, we're all saved. Oh, man, this is gonna rock. We NEED to work Boba Fett in there. This will suck without Fett.

OH - and just when it looks lost, cause it turns out Gob Bluth is really working for the Lgion of Doom who shows up? Yup. Buck Fucking Rogers. BAM. Get on that.

UberBeaver said:
Hey party people. Redhotswami mentioned in another thread that she has X-Files action figures and she could make a movie with them How do you feel about this plot? I posted it in the other thread, but since I don't think there's any BSG fans in there they probably don't know what I was going on about. Anyway:

DO. IT. I think midway through the Death Star should come into view, turns out Mulder and Scully are really brother/sister, Cancer Man is Darth Vader's father (dude had the midochlorians to be that bad ass) and the Well Manicured Man is in league with Palapatine. Gob Bluth needs to command a Battlestar, maybe the Galactica? No, a different one, one thought lost in the Klingon Invasion of '79. Turns out Picard stole the cloaking device, snuck it to the Lone Gunman who in turn smuggled it on board the Battlestar Truth. In fact - and here's the fucking twist that will tie everything together - the phrase "The Truth is Out There" was meant to be taken literally. The Thruth is the Battlestar that can save humanity from the deadly bees we see in the movie - but it can't move because (DUN DUN DUN DUUUN) - It RAN OUT OF BLACK OIL! So we load Krychek, who's a Cylon, with black oil, teleport him to the Galatica, BAM, we're all saved. Oh, man, this is gonna rock. We NEED to work Boba Fett in there. This will suck without Fett.

OH - and just when it looks lost, cause it turns out Gob Bluth is really working for the Lgion of Doom who shows up? Yup. Buck Fucking Rogers. BAM. Get on that.

I like it, but it needs Dwight Schrute, some of this:

khaaaaaaaaaaaaunst1.gif

phanan said:

Every show does that, though. It's pointless going up against the Super Bowl - it's the only thing people watch that night. I doubt even a show like Desperate Housewives will be on.

Well I know it's ratings suicide to go up against something big like the superbowl when I said all that before... I just personally dislike football. I wish that my shows wouldn't be disrupted so everyone could watch a bunch of men tackle each other for a ball. :shrug:

Canadiens1160 said:
Just dropping in on this thread. Did Major Kira and Odo hook up yet?

They were just about to but Kirk showed up and totally laid down a cock block on Odo. Odo was PISSED, boy! I tell ya. He shape shifted into a dildo and violated Kirk while Kirk was freaking Kira. It was crazy. But turns out, Kirk liked it. And so did Odo. And perhaps most surprising, so did Kira. So the three of them live happily in Montana, raising sheep.

UberBeaver said:

They were just about to but Kirk showed up and totally laid down a cock block on Odo. Odo was PISSED, boy! I tell ya. He shape shifted into a dildo and violated Kirk while Kirk was freaking Kira. It was crazy. But turns out, Kirk liked it. And so did Odo. And perhaps most surprising, so did Kira. So the three of them live happily in Montana, raising sheep.

Question.

But what about Kirk's toupee?

For the week ending Jan. 28, NBC Universal's USA and Sci Fi both had reason to celebrate. Sci Fi's Battlestar Galactica and The Dresden Files saw ratings bumps in their second weeks on Sunday night (Jan. 28). Dresden averaged 1.89 million viewers (up from 1.73 million for its series premiere) and Battlestar averaged 2.05 million (up from 1.8 million last week). The shows' Jan. 21 premiere numbers may have been diluted by competition from the AFC Championship game on CBS, which drew nearly 50 million that night.

Now I know why NBC doesn't have to worry about the network rating too much, they own cable with USA and Sci-Fi.

Battlestar, Dresden, Stargate, Monk, Psych, The Dead Zone...

Right now I'm at where Cally shot Galactica-Boomer.

I'm lovin' the shooting of Lee Harvey Oswald connection here.

Having not seen any previews for tonight's episode, I was surprised they didn't get into the Baltar jury storyline right away, but I guess like our legal process, these things take time.

Otherwise, this was one of those "stands on its own" episodes - you know, the ones that don't really get involved with the overall plot and are just there. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. I thought this episode was good. I loved how Helo took front and center for a change, and how he laid one on Tigh pretty good.

Did anyone see the extra bonus scene at the end? That was unexpected...

I didn't expect that scene either... but somewhere you'd know that it'd be brought up.

And standalone ep, yep. Was it that good? I liked it, the fact that a doctor was killing those who refused to be treated... it was very interesting to see the acting of another doctor besides Cottle. I don't care much for Helo's character... but this time he was right on the money with that Robert was doing.

I don't care much for the standalones though, just don't make them too frequent... it's always good to be on the plot-track without being distracted by all these individual episodes.

Sevikins said:

I don't care much for the standalones though, just don't make them too frequent... it's always good to be on the plot-track without being distracted by all these individual episodes.

I'm with you no standalones. I prefer they follow the main plot. It's like the X-Files in that way, and they seem to be getting more frequent.

However, what I do like about standalonnes is that they fill you in on the day to day living on the ship. I don't know why, but I was somewhat surprised to see Sharon and Helo just living like normal people with a baby. I assumed the baby would be in a lab or something. I do like the little touches like that.

^YA!!! I haven't seen anyone with quarters *that* huge... geez.

I do have a question about the ethics of Dr. Robert though. He hated the Sagitarrions, and we know that he was in the Resistance... so doesn't that mean that he'd by that hate Cylons? Yet he saved Hera.

Well, I think he'd know better than to kill Hera even if he did associate her with the Cylons. That would be a bit obvious. What I didn't get is how long he thought he'd get away with killing that Sagitarrians. I mean, a few here and there, but he was going after all of them. Seems like a road to nowhere.

As for quarters, Helo is a pretty high ranking guy now. And Sharon is an officer as well. Maybe they have a "family plan" for quarters? His is seemingly larger than Tighe's office, and that doesn't seem right. Maybe cause it's shared? Or maybe it's a modified room cause there's only one bed? DUnno, good question.

Last edited:
True, I know it would've been suicide to try and kill Hera, but it probably killed him inside to save her when he fought against the Cylons during the resistance.

I know, he was a bit too obvious when he was killing off all the Saggitarans (90% mortality rate?! Compared to the 6% of Capricans. LOL, talk about the smoking gun there), but of course it was a standalone, so they had to make it so he was caught easily.

Ya, I was just confused about the quarters, maybe they had a family plan, have a baby get another few feet of room lol. Even Apollo & D's quarters aren't that big... their room's probably just about the same size as Tighs I believe.

Back
Top Bottom