MERGED --> Major spoiler alert - opening night setlist preview from @U2 blog.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Major spoiler alert - opening night setlist preview from @U2 blog.

This is a direct copy from the most recent entry in the atu2.com blog and not only is it a major spoiler, it is MAJORLY EXCITING.

Read on if you don't mind spoilage! ENJOY!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

SPOILER: Setlist preview/prediction
Please stop reading here if you don't want an educated preview/prediction of the setlist U2 is preparing for the kickoff of the Vertigo Tour next week in San Diego.

This is the current "word on the street" (as we've heard it from our folks in L.A.) regarding the expected setlist U2 will be playing. As always, things can change before showtime.

(spoiler alert - last chance to leave)

Okay.

City of Blinding Lights
The Electric Co.
An Cat dubh
Into The Heart
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love and Peace Or Else
Elevation
Stuck In a Moment...
Yahweh
Gloria
One
Where the Streets Have No Name
Running to Stand Still
Zoo Station
The Fly
Vertigo
All Because of You
Sunday Bloody Sunday

Looks good but i'll be suprised if they end up playing so many little known songs in one night, and has good as it is to see these songs being mentioned i would still take UTEOTW and WOWY before them (maybe...)

Zoo Station! 12 years!

Running To Stand Still! 12 years!

40! It has been, with one exception, 15 years since a full band version!

Gloria! 15 years too!

The Electric Co.!! 18 years!

AN CAT DUBH --> INTO THE HEART!!! TWENTY-ONE LONG YEARS!

You want a setlist? YOU GOT A SETLIST!

And if I hear anyone whining about Elevation and Stuck In A Moment, just shut up and look at what U2 are treating you to!

im surprised to see city of blinding lights as the opener

but when i think about it, it could be a really good opening to the show

Now that I can think again...

City of Blinding Lights - What a crazy opener! Not Vertigo! Awesome!
The Electric Co. - Somebody will cry when we hear this!
An Cat dubh - Oh my...
Into The Heart - will our cheers drown out the solo?
Beautiful Day - Heh. I like this song.
Miracle Drug - Another great song!
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own - And another!
Love and Peace Or Else - Heh! And a LOUD one!
Elevation - And more loudness!
Stuck In a Moment... -And now going back 4 years and yelling loud!
Yahweh - In the middle? Anywho, amen!
Gloria - AK$H#@*()H#(*!@(#E$#@*(&@#_( YES!
One - Get your phones ready!
Where the Streets Have No Name - Of course! (No transition from WOWY?)
Running to Stand Still - Harmonica
Zoo Station -Encore? Anywho, YES!!!
The Fly - What is Zoo Station or a rock show without it?
Vertigo - Hey! It's at the end! Awesome!
All Because of You - YES!
Sunday Bloody Sunday - To end the show? Will it be mellow?
40 - How long can we sing it?

I thought the highlight of the tour was WOWY going into Streets? And Vertigo not opening?

:hmm: Missing some regulars, I see. New Year's day, Bad, Pride, Bullet, I still haven't found..., WOWY, Mysterious ways, Until the end of the world.

Last edited:
I don't think this will be the correct order, so don't expect it as the opener. Don't even expect this setlist on one night!
But even when they would split this setlist over three nights and put some standard songs (pride, wowy) in it...AMAZING!! :drool:

i dont know if i fully believe this though...

isnt there supposed to be a video on human rights between the main set and the encore, and they are going to rip into zoo station and the fly right after this video?

Daveone said:
i just can't see them opening the show with 3 out of the 4 songs realistically not going to be recognisable to many people.

Yeah...that's very true.

But maybe U2 isn't worried.

I can't see thousands of fans leaving after three songs 'cause they only recognize one of 'em, anyway...so we'll just wait and see.

I SAID THEY WOULD START WITH COBL!!! I WAS RIGHT!!! I could see Bono's butt walking up some stairs onto the stage with the beginning of that song playing. Plus - the song (in my opinion) is all about them (U2) and us (fans). You know - we look beautiful - because he is beautiful and we can see it in him. "I miss you when you're not around" - he loves to tour - he's said it before - we know he loves our adoration! "I'm getting ready to leave the ground" - he's getting ready to tour all over the world. Yeah Yeah I'm so excited and I don't even have tickets YET - and I've been laid off after 8 years!

The Electric Co., Gloria, Zoo Station, The Fly, An Cat Dubh, Into The Heart, COBL, LAPOE, Yahwew...... :drool:

I really hope that's what they play!!! I can't believe we might actually hear The Electric Co. and Gloria after so long agian!!!! :hyper:

Is this set list in order? I really hope not. :|

Looks great to me. I am still suprised and a little dissaponted that I never really see Origional of the species on any of these. O well .. Did somebody say Electric CO??

This setlist would be amazing--but how do we know it is more legit than any of the others?

TheBrazilianFly said:
The Electric Co., Gloria, Zoo Station, The Fly, An Cat Dubh, Into The Heart, COBL, LAPOE, Yahwew...... :drool:

I really hope that's what they play!!! I can't believe we might actually hear The Electric Co. and Gloria after so long agian!!!! :hyper:

Is this set list in order? I really hope not. :|

Well, it does end with 40 and have semi-logical encore breaks.

I'm guessing the fans wrote this down as they heard it...and U2 is at the point of running a planned show in some semi-order...

As long as An Cat Dubh still goes into Into the Heart, though, who knows?

Dress Rehearsal Friday's Setlist

City of Blinding Lights
The Electric Co.
An Cat dubh
Into The Heart
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love and Peace Or Else
Elevation
Stuck In a Moment...
Yahweh
Gloria
One
Where the Streets Have No Name
Running to Stand Still
Zoo Station
The Fly
Vertigo
All Because of You
Sunday Bloody Sunday

i would very dissapointed with this setlist! into the heart? this has to be one if U2's worst ever tracks! i think they should play more of the current album like crumbs. orginal etc and where the hell are the classic live songs? UTEOTW, WOWY, BAD, NEW YEARS DAY? i hope they change before they hit europe!

It's not a bad list... I must confess that I would like to see Staring At The Sun and Walk On though. New Year's Day would be a bonus.

Other than that, it would be one rockin' concert.

please play this setlist

COBL
VERTIGO
ALL BECAUSE OF YOU
I WILL FOLLOW
NEW YEARS DAY
PRIDE
STILL HAV'NT FOUND
MIRACLE DRUG
SOMETIMES YOU CAN'T MAKE IT

STUCK IN A MOMENT
ORGINAL OF THE SPECIES

BAD
UNTIL THE END OF THE WORLD
STREETS
RUNNING TO STAND STILL
WITH OR WITHOUT YOU
BEAUTIFUL DAY

ELEVATION
SUNDAY BLOODY SUNDAY
ONE
YAHWEH

Bloody hell.

U2 have some of the whiniest, hardest to satisfy fans ever.

You guys whined about not wanting greatest hits, you guys demanded older songs? Well that's what this is, and yet people are still whining and I won't be surprised if it continues as this thread grows.

:sigh:

andyuk said:
i would very dissapointed with this setlist! into the heart? this has to be one if U2's worst ever tracks! i think they should play more of the current album like crumbs. orginal etc and where the hell are the classic live songs? UTEOTW, WOWY, BAD, NEW YEARS DAY? i hope they change before they hit europe!

I hope not :madspit: :drool: :madspit:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom