MERGED --> I think I have Mercy!!!!! + Mercy, the b side w/ Achtung Bab + Mercy!?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is a 'demo' to Miracle Drug has some people have suggested then what went wrong - this song is fantastic and ten times the song Miracle Drug ever will be. This should have been in the place of A Man and a Woman on the album, not that Man's the worst song just the most dispensable.

Last edited:
Because of the length. The Blender magazine said it was a 6:30 song. Fits the description.

It's a good one for warming up Bono's pipes. A very good B-side, but not really album material. At least, not this album.

btw - thanks dream chaser!

geeman said:
Is FAST CARS slowly leaking onto the internet....:scratch: ??

I'm actually still *anxiously* waiting for a guy in Japan to send me FC -- He said he was getting it today b/c it's on a release there. :confused: *crosses fingers* :hyper:

mlrg said:

No, it's the full song. But the bitrate is lower than the HTDAAB leaks

Ooohh, lol. :der:

Speaking of... I'm thinking of putting 320 kbps versions of all the xtras so far... Would anyone be interested or should I not bother? Right now the ones on my site are just 160 b/c the majority of traffic I usually get seems to prefer faster dl time to higher quality. ???

"Like a loop" is Fast Cars. He repeats the lyrics three times and then just ends.
AS for Mercy, low quality but still sounds great. We need to get the higher quality from U2SJ...she ripped the wma from the CD at a low rate. We need to get it at a higher rate.

okily dokily... thx artdirector, i was getting a tad confused there... sooo, should I not bother with a higher bitrate on the mp3 since the source of Mercy is so low? Pretty much everything else I have I can post higher...

dream chaser said:
okily dokily... thx artdirector, i was getting a tad confused there... sooo, should I not bother with a higher bitrate on the mp3 since the source of Mercy is so low? Pretty much everything else I have I can post higher...

There's really no point in ripping a lossy file to a higher bitrate, it won't improve the quality. :( If we had the WAV files (or a FLAC or SHN) of a leak we could do it. :)

It's cool that you're going to host some now, I'm sure yousendit thanks you. :lol:

I can't stop playing this song. :crack:

Last edited:
dream chaser said:

Ooohh, lol. :der:

Speaking of... I'm thinking of putting 320 kbps versions of all the xtras so far... Would anyone be interested or should I not bother? Right now the ones on my site are just 160 b/c the majority of traffic I usually get seems to prefer faster dl time to higher quality. ???

I would like to have it. Upload it at yousendit please. Thanks

dream chaser:

get the one I just posted. I bit better than the first one that came out but not as big as the 320 kps.

neutral said:

There's really no point in ripping a lossy file to a higher bitrate, it won't improve the quality at all. If we had the WAV files (or a FLAC or SHN) of a leak we could do it. :)

It's cool that you're going to host some now, I'm sure yousendit thanks you. :lol:

That's what I figured... If I could only get me hands on that CD! I've been using Cakewalk Pyro to convert my CDs & it does a fab job... And, speaking of FLAC, I'm starting to think that's the best way to share some of these (CD > WAV > FLAC)... I got the RnH outtakes as FLAC from a bittorrent site & the quality was amazing! So much so, I refuse to even make mp3s out of them, lol... (oh no! I'm becoming a music snob! I should get a new site... www.u2flac.com :p)

PS: Thanks artdirector! I just saw your post right after I posted... Very cool... Mind if I use that version for my site? :wink:

Last edited:
dream chaser said:

And, speaking of FLAC, I'm starting to think that's the best way to share some of these (CD > WAV > FLAC)... I got the RnH outtakes as FLAC from a bittorrent site & the quality was amazing! So much so, I refuse to even make mp3s out of them, lol... (oh no! I'm becoming a music snob! I should get a new site... www.u2flac.com :p)

Tell me about it, I had to get an extra hard drive to hold all my FLAC/SHN boots. :crazy:

I have that FLAC RH outtakes set, they sound great! :love:

Thanks artdirector :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom