MERGED--> Heath Ledger Found Dead?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
impy13 said:
Seen this yet?

heathsx6.jpg

I laughed when i read this, we cant take these guys seriously so just ignore it.

The comparison to brandon lee and ledger is quite interesting.

One time my denomination, which accepts gays, was having a convention in Kansas city back in 2001. The Westboro Baptist Church folks showed up with their "God Hates Fags" etc. signs to protest.

To annoy them several men (not even gay ones) held hands and skipped around in front of them.

They disgust me, and vaz is right they need to be ignored.

so according to news reports, the autopsy is inconclusive.

he was found face down in his bed, not on the floor, and he was cold. so he'd been dead for a bit. there were prescription pills. but in bottles. sleeping pills and anti-anxiety pills. apparently he also had pneumonia.

it wouldn't surprise me if there was some kind of strange toxic brew combined with an undiagnosed medical condition.

but this doesn't sound like a suicide, nor does it sound like a heroin OD.

but we'll see.

vaz02 said:

I laughed when i read this, we cant take these guys seriously so just ignore it.

The comparison to brandon lee and ledger is quite interesting.

I agree, the comparison is interesting, but...

Brandon Lee, sadly, only got the chance to make 2 films (he died during the filming of the second one), but Heath had a pretty good run for about 10 years.

At least we got a chance to see Heath shine a number of times, but unfortunately, we didn't really get a chance to see Brandon's career go anywhere. Plus, Brandon died on the set of The Crow from a stunt gone wrong whereas Heath died alone in his apartment. Either way, both men's deaths were horrible. I was very sad when Brandon died because I was hoping he'd become a star like his father Bruce Lee.

U2democrat said:

They disgust me, and vaz is right they need to be ignored.

and we need to use them to demonstrate that all homophobia -- whether it's blatantly hateful, or just nervous, "well, i don't agree with the lifestyle" -- is fundamentally absurd.

Irvine511 said:

and we need to use them to demonstrate that all homophobia -- whether it's blatantly hateful, or just nervous, "well, i don't agree with the lifestyle" -- is fundamentally absurd.

that's it.. fundamentally absurd is so right!...

the latest...

Medical Examiner: Ledger Autopsy Inconclusive
Posted Jan 23rd 2008 10:35AM by TMZ Staff

An autopsy on Heath Ledger was inconclusive this morning, pending toxicology results.

The New York Medical Examiner's office tells TMZ it will take anywhere between ten days and two weeks to obtain test results. As TMZ first reported, the death appears to have been accidental.

sulawesigirl4 said:

That's how I felt as well. Sort of like, it can't be for real. He was so full of life and vibrant and young. It's really weird seeing the tagline "1979-2008" because that's the year I was born. We're the same age.

Same here. I'm not usually too affected by celebrity deaths, but for some reason, this has me really rattled. I think it's because, on top of really admiring his work, I keep remembering that he was my age and it seems very possible that his death was caused by something as simple as him just wanting to be able to get some sleep and not anything reckless, desperate, or stupid like many early deaths (celebrity or otherwise) are. I don't know why exactly, but it feels almost like a wake-up call of sorts.

impy13 said:
Seen this yet?

Personally, I think it's one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen. Radical Christianity is just as bad as radical anything else. I don't know how you can preach love out of one side of your mouth and spew hate out the other. Obviously, it's absolutely repulsive, but unfortunately it's an actual flyer.

Yeah, that's definitely sick, but I must say that I find it funny that this flyer was made without knowledge that Ledger was NOT gay. :lol: Come on, guys, it's called acting. :banghead: You think he's in hell, OK, but at least base your thoughts on something he's actually done, not some made up shit to further your agenda.

sulawesigirl4 said:

That's how I felt as well. Sort of like, it can't be for real. He was so full of life and vibrant and young. It's really weird seeing the tagline "1979-2008" because that's the year I was born. We're the same age.

Same here with the age. It's so different when it's an older celebrity that passes away. When it is someone your own age it really shakes you up :hug:.

I agree with Irvine that there is a possibility that there was a medical condition that could have caused his untimely death. If the final results should show otherwise it won't change my opinion of Heath. What he did in his private life was his own business. Wish he had the time to show more of his amazing acting skills.

Last edited:
LemonMelon said:

Yeah, that's definitely sick, but I must say that I find it funny that this flyer was made without knowledge that Ledger was NOT gay. :lol: Come on, guys, it's called acting. :banghead: You think he's in hell, OK, but at least base your thoughts on something he's actually done, not some made up shit to further your agenda.

That´s what I wanted to point out. It´d be great if they were smart enough to tell the difference between the character and the actor.

I didn't watch the video because I'm at work, but did Nicholson say what he warned him about?

That's what I was guessing, but wasn't sure if he said anything further in the video or not. :shrug:

I remember Jack once said it was a bit upset/angry/unsupportive/whatever of Ledger taking on a film role of The Joker, but I don't really know what he's talking about in that video.

HeathsplitWENN2301_800x632.jpg

wow,
he looks more like guy pearson
than himself

I guess that look has to do with the last film he was working on/ preparing for?

"The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus"

for the most part,
I am staying away from all the gossip mongering

I appreciate the many contributions he has made.

at the top of that list,
I would put his work in and with the motion picture

"Brokeback Mountain"

this is one of the most important, transformative films that has come along in many decades

his approach to that film and respect for the subject is the thing about Heath Ledger I will always admire the most.

Last edited:
Daddysgonnapay said:
Jack seems a bit tipsy in that clip.....

Also looked like he was stunned or didn't know who they were talking about.

He did have a interview with MTV about not liking the idea about the Batman film.

I wouldn't put too much stock in anything Nicholson has to say about Heath's death, and I think that was a rather inappropriate comment considering how it could be interpreted. He could have just said something like he was sad to hear of his death. Ignore that Westboro whatever too, sick bastards.

This is nice

I-Reporters recall meeting kind, handsome Heath Ledger

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/01/23/remembering.ledger.irpt/index.html

Last edited:
As friends, family and colleagues talk about the imprint Heath Ledger left on their lives, his neighbors said the 28-year-old actor left something even more permanent in Brooklyn – with a little help from his daughter Matilda.

Roger Lang, who lived across the street from Ledger and Michelle Williams during the then-couple's time in Brooklyn, tells PEOPLE it was Ledger who put the markings in wet cement near the fire hydrant in front of their house. "The Matilda thing in the sidewalk with the footprints, he did that about two years ago," Lang says. "It was a secret. It was a fun thing. He did it as a surprise for his family."

The 2-year-old's name is perpendicular to the word HUGO, which is the name of a neighbor's dog. On Wednesday some carnations wrapped in plastic were placed near the spot.

Adds Lang: "He was full of life. He'd call my father Matey. 'Hi Matey.' Because he was in World War II. They're great people and it's very tragic. They loved Brooklyn. They wanted to be a part of the neighborhood."

heath_ledger8_320.jpg

melon said:

Unsurprisingly, it's the same old Fred Phelps and his extended family that they call "a church."

On the bright side, the more they come out and make a fool of themselves, the more people stop and think about how wrong it is to be bigoted.
That, at the very least, is a good thing.
There are the Phelps
and their less offensive cousins

"Hate the sin
and love the sinner" crowd.

The important thing to remember is;
that religion is the vehicle for

"guilt free hate".

impy13 said:
Seen this yet?

heathsx6.jpg

Personally, I think it's one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen. Radical Christianity is just as bad as radical anything else. I don't know how you can preach love out of one side of your mouth and spew hate out the other. Obviously, it's absolutely repulsive, but unfortunately it's an actual flyer.

I saw this last night and I was so horrified that I actually said a prayer to god.

Back
Top Bottom