MERGED--> ALL New Radiohead/Hail To The Thief Discussion Goes Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i have no complaints with the stuff.. so if it's unmastered and the real thing is even better... wow!

I agree Skeek.

I think a lot people here and on the Radiohead forums are confusing "mixing" with "mastering". If it's unmastered, the songs will sound the same, but the definition/sound levels will be different. If it's unmixed, the songs could be quite different.

There's a possibility of it being unmastered, there's next to no chance in my mind that it's unmixed. Mastering really doesnt change anything that much. Regardless, the cd will be a lot more clear and defined than some crappy mp3's.

It crackles on mine too yertle. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be like that.

I cannot find Hail To The Cheif

:crazy: I'm desperate.........someone..........anyone.....please..help...:reject:

Nigel: Not final mix

Nigel Godrich showed up on the official Radiohead messageboard ealier ago asking where he could download some of the leaked tracks. Less than an hour later, he came back and had this to say:

Its the rough mixes ....
some tracks not even finished.
aint that a bitch?
Not really what I'd want the world to hear, frankly.
boo.

Well my fellow interferencers...duped again!

HelloAngel said:

It hasn't been released yet.

yes, but apparently many here have heard it already.:sexywink:
I leave this board for 2 days and what happens?
I miss an entire new radiohead album.:|

JOFO said:

yes, but apparently many here have heard it already.:sexywink:
I leave this board for 2 days and what happens?
I miss an entire new radiohead album.:|

It was leaked - and apparently not even the final mixes. :shrug: I just really hope they tour.

That's cool Heads.

We'll see how differently they end up being.

Last edited:
I GOT 'EM!!!!:hyper: :applaud:

off kazzaa....
well, yeah it's not a finished product......but when it comes out, it's gonna be steller.

in no way is it a return to the bends, much more in keeping with amnesiac.

there there is classic.

Gickies Gageeze said:

there there is slaughtered. im sorry, but this version has no balls compared to the live version. im really, REALLY hoping the "mastered" copy will be louder.

yes, all the great guitar bits are there (there) but you have to strain to hear them all, glad to hear Nigel say it's not the finished product

The actual promo copies were sent out today (according to atease), so the real thing will probalby be available sometime soon.

I dont know if I want to download any of the "real deals", it will be kinda cool to hear all of the final mixes for the first time when the cd comes out. Then again, I may get too used to the rough mixes and not like the finals (I doubt that will happen). We'll see, I'll probably end up downloading all of that too because I'm a weak willed pansy.

I could live with waiting and listening to most of the rough mixes I've heard for the next 2 months, but not "there there," I must hear the finished version to ease my mind

Oddly, I REALLY like the studio version of There There I have. Lots more than the live version I had. I never listened to the live one that much though, so I never got used to how it sounded, that's why I'm scared about getting too used to the "unfinished mixes".

What are your views on the album as a whole Hallelujah???

It could end up being my favorite Radiohead album. Only time will tell. I've listened to it about 8 or so times all the way through already.

I've heard it Wanderer, that's what I was saying. I just liked the studio version better.

I've only listened to the whole thing once, so nothing's really sunk in yet. As a whole, it's beautiful, but the only tracks that have stuck out so far are There There, Sail to the Moon and 2+2=5. Then again, I downloaded those before all the others, so that's probably why.

I need to burn this so I can bring it with me to work tomorrow so I can listen to it for hours on end. Aaah bliss...

The Wanderer said:
all I am saying is the leaked studio version sucks ass in comparision to the live performances, as long as we're clear on that

I'm clear that that is your opinion. I was just stating that I liked the leaked studio version better than any of the live versions I've heard. :up:

But yeah, I definitly want to hear the final mastered version.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom