Merged ----> *ALL* Bono On OPRAH Threads Are HERE (PICS as well)!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Watchin this show does make me really proud to be a U2 fan bc they are trying to change the world! I hope to one day be able to make a difference in the world!:bono: :edge: :larry: :adam:

*BOOMCHAA!* said:
SO, I'm reading the Oprah Message Boards, and I come across this:

http://boards.oprah.com/WebX?tree@140.DFcjaydrEkD.3@.ef45936/33!view=T

At first I was upset with the guy who posted it,
but then I found the way everyone refuted him funny!
It's good to see that people have hope:heart:

Hmmm interesting fellow. I love the fact that he took the time to go on OPRAH WINFREY'S WEBSITE (!!!) to talk about this.

I knew something was wrong with the guy when he started talking about something called noone.

Who is noone? What is a noone? Does he have a friend named noone? Is that a time of the day? "Hmm, lets have lunch at, say...NOONE?"

NO ONE seems to know anything about this noone fellow.

Tired. Should sleep now.
Must be up before noone.

:yawn:
:coocoo:

Bono, what you're doing for this world is great, and you should be admired for it.

What a shame you have to look like such a geek doing it.

I am not liking Bono's Mr. Businessman look. I do not dig guys with short hair and suits, not even him. As I said before, my Bono drooling days are over, for now at least. I like rock stars, not yuppies.:p

*runs to Brandon Boyd*

*must finally, really stop coming to PLEBA since there is no longer any reason to*

Ok I'll stop now.

Last edited:
Did anyone else who saw the Oxygen show notice that Bono did not seem thrilled with the girl who sat on his lap? He didn't seem eager, he seemed more like he was put on the spot. He never really opened up to her and gave her that warm smile and hardly even looked her way. He seemed kind of put out by the whole thing. The look on his face from the time she asked for a hug said it all. Of course on TV he couldn't ignore her like he does girls at concerts with hug me signs ( I saw a lot of that at shows) so he was stuck. I don't think he wants to be blatanlty asked for a hug, he wants to have it be spontanious, and his idea. That's just the way it looked to me.

U2Kitten said:
Did anyone else who saw the Oxygen show notice that Bono did not seem thrilled with the girl who sat on his lap? He didn't seem eager, he seemed more like he was put on the spot. He never really opened up to her and gave her that warm smile and hardly even looked her way. He seemed kind of put out by the whole thing. The look on his face from the time she asked for a hug said it all. Of course on TV he couldn't ignore her like he does girls at concerts with hug me signs ( I saw a lot of that at shows) so he was stuck. I don't think he wants to be blatanlty asked for a hug, he wants to have it be spontanious, and his idea. That's just the way it looked to me.

I agree, he had to say something sexy though. So the sit on my lap deal. He never returned her hugs, but she was so high she probably didn't notice. Still jealous!

Yeah, Kitty; I noticed that too. I think he was like that because hugging random fans wasn't why he was there. It seemed as if the girl who wanted the hug hadn't been listening to the show; she just was focused on getting her hug.

Scarletwine said:

I agree, he had to say something sexy though. So the sit on my lap deal. He never returned her hugs, but she was so high she probably didn't notice. Still jealous!

LOL! You're right! He also looked very irritated when Oprah was going on about the girl's husband and laughing. He didn't even look at her, there was no warmth or connection. I might be jealous of her getting to sit on his lap, but honestly if it were me and I saw in real life and on tape his reaction to me, I'd have felt like he didn't like me and my feelings would be hurt so it would have been spoiled anyway, but that's just me, but I'm not high though;)

One more thing on this, I saw a report by another girl who had been at the taping and she said she wanted to ask for a hug but felt she didn't want to be a bother so she didn't and was sore that girl got one, it might as well have been her! I also think the girl might have rubbed Bono the wrong way from the beginning with her "if this whole U2 thing doesn't work out" question, he looked like he was ready to be rid of her at that point, then made the joke about not wanting to be President and moving to a smaller house and the crowd laughed so he thought he was rid of her. Then came the 'can I have a hug' and the look on his face, oh boy. No, I don't think he wanted to do that but got stuck in a moment he couldn't get out of.

don't let the door hit you in the rear on your way out.

Desire4Bono said:
Bono, what you're doing for this world is great, and you should be admired for it.

I am not liking Bono's Mr. Businessman look. I do not dig guys with short hair and suits, not even him. As I said before, my Bono drooling days are over, for now at least. I like rock stars, not yuppies.:p

*runs to Brandon Boyd*

*must finally, really stop coming to PLEBA since there is no longer any reason to*

Ok I'll stop now.

:shame: :tsk:

U2Kitten said:

Then came the 'can I have a hug' and the look on his face, oh boy. No, I don't think he wanted to do that but got stuck in a moment he couldn't get out of.
Do you blame Bono for being leary? She could have been one of us.

:D

Desire4Bono said:

*runs to Brandon Boyd*

Ok I'll stop now.

BYE!!! :wave:

:rolleyes:

U2Kitten said:

I might be jealous of her getting to sit on his lap, but honestly if it were me and I saw in real life and on tape his reaction to me, I'd have felt like he didn't like me and my feelings would be hurt so it would have been spoiled anyway, but that's just me

No, I don't think he wanted to do that but got stuck in a moment he couldn't get out of.

:yes: I wouldn't have wanted to be her either. Her question was also dumb and just an excuse to get called on to ask for the hug.

He was truly "stuck" LOL

Desire4Bono said:
I like rock stars, not yuppies.:p

yes but people are far more likely to see rockstar bono on oprah and say "What does he know, he's just a 42 year old punk"
He has to be businesslike to get his point across and show that he is serious about this, and if it means he has to and be unhip then so be it.

Kristie said:

yes but people are far more likely to see rockstar bono on oprah and say "What does he know, he's just a 42 year old punk"
He has to be businesslike to get his point across and show that he is serious about this, and if it means he has to and be unhip then so be it.

While I'm sure this is a great reply Kristie, I couldn't read it because I was distracted by your signature:D :lmao: :lol: :laugh: :happy: :dance: :up:

Desire4Bono said:

Okay I had about a half hour to think of a response that would not be my usual knee jerk reaction.

However, this makes me mad........
So basically what you are saying is that he has to fit your standard of looking good in order to properly save the world?

For all I care Bono can wear moo moos for the rest of his life....as long as he keeps doing what he is doing. He has done more to create awareness and inspire people, than any real politician could ever do. He has to dress in suits to build his credibility, it's a basic rule in advertising...know your audience. If he walked into Paul O'Neill's office dressed as The Fly do you really think he would have accomplished his goals. Do you really think The Mirrorball Man would have been effective at showing the 10 million Oprah fans what problems we face as a world. Do you really think that Macphisto would have gone over well with the Pope?

Last edited:
*BOOMCHAA!* said:

While I'm sure this is a great reply Kristie, I couldn't read it because I was distracted by your signature:D :lmao: :lol: :laugh: :happy: :dance: :up:

I'll GIVE you something distracting!

simpsons2.GIF

daisybean said:

Okay I had about a half hour to think of a response that would not be my usual knee jerk reaction.

However, this makes me mad........
So basically what you are saying is that he has to fit your standard of looking good in order to properly save the world?

For all I care Bono can wear moo moos for the rest of his life....as long as he keeps doing what he is doing. He has done more to create awareness and inspire people, than any real politician could ever do. He has to dress in suits to build his credibility, it's a basic rule in advertising...know your audience. If he walked into Paul O'Neill's office dressed as The Fly do you really think he would have accomplished his goals. Do you really think The Mirrorball Man would have been effective at showing the 10 million Oprah fans what problems we face as a world. Do you really think that Macphisto would have gone over well with the Pope?

:yes: :up:

I agree with what some of the other posters are saying. If you are selling something you've got to communicate with an audience. Bono can't sell this stuff to middle America looking like the Fly, as much as I love the Fly. The ordinary person wouldn't take that seriously. This is a businesslike, un-glamorous cause. But it's important as hell. There really are ten potential Afghanistans in Africa...not to mention it's criminal for all of those lives to just be thrown away. So he's got to do it, and I think he's doing it right. It's very difficult. More power to him!!!!!:up: :up:

Back
Top Bottom