MARK MY WORDS: Album out BY Super Bowl, FIRST SINGLE at the LEAST

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't talking about the cheerleaders. Never brought them up. I just find the game itself entertaining.

Is that what you meant in your original post, that you find the game itself entertaining? Cos it seemed like you were referring to the entertainment side of American sports. If you were talking about the game itself, well yeah.. I want to be entertained by the game too. Nobody wants a boring game. I just don't care for all the extra stuff that seems to come only with American sports. :slant:

i get what Zoots is saying, but i feel like saying all you want out of sports is 'entertainment' is discounting all the emotional, physical and financial ties you have with your favourite sports team. it's more than just entertainment. at least for me.

Thanks. Yeah I didn't mean to say that Americans want only entertainment. I just expressed my dislike for that side of American sports.

I go to sports games that have music, cheerleaders etc. It doesn't diminish my enjoyment of the team and the game because my ties are stronger than being impressed by music and dancers. Because it doesn't bother me, I don't care about it being used to attract extra people along if it means a bigger, louder crowd and more money going to the team.

It's not an American sport, either.

So the music/cheerleading etc. is not restricted to American sports then? Maybe I was wrong in thinking so.

I'll give you guys an example. Wimbledon Tennis... or forget that, US Open Tennis! An American event... that doesn't have bits of popular music playing thru the game or cheerleaders etc. I guess that's more my kind of style.

My cousin is nuts about it! I don't get it. :der: Maybe I just haven't been patient enough with the sport when it's shown on TV.

Hey, who can live every single sport? Golf simply is not everyone's cup of tea.

Golf on TV is hard to consume, but when Tiger is involved I perk up a little....oh, and the Ryder Cup is usually fun to watch, with or without Tiger.

This really is the worst thread on here. And that's not even mentioning the fact that it really has nothing to do with new album.

Do you like this thread?

Maybe it's Americans the people don't like! Or is it their sport?

Personally, I love this thread. It's the craptaculousity of it which makes it shine. If you're going to phail, you must phail with all engines revving and flames shooting out the back of your 3.5 inch exhaust. This thread does just that.

I luff it.
:sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom