Malbun, Liechtenstein Superthread (400 Superthreads!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I almost had a burn out during christmas, so I had to. Besides, I have a tutoring job at my old highschool now so I don't need the saturday money anymore. :D

:hmm: Didn't we get you a rock from Malbun? I seem to remember giving you a rock I found/took somewhere.

How've you been?

Ack, I know how that feels :hug:
Yay for tutoring! Has that started now? How's it going?

Ooh... I can't remember! I do kinda remember something now that you say that, but I can't remember where... I know I picked one up at the Giant's Causeway. :scratch: Memory fail! If I find any anonymous rocks in my holiday stuff I'll figure that's what it is.

I'm okay, work has sent me to a different office to work on a big "smart metering" project, so that's keeping me busy. It's quicker to drive to but I have to start earlier... :grumpy:

Which means I have to go to bed now... :(

Those photos are rad, Ax. I'm pretty sure I've got a penguin that looks just like the one in the last photo, too.

The fourth photo in particular is really awe-inspiring.

Wow, that's pretty cool. Where are you going to see them? All over?

Yeah, there are only three gigs anyway - this coming Friday (Brisbane), Saturday (Sydney), and Sunday (Melbourne). But Charlotte and I are hitting Brisbane early so that she can actually see some of the place and so that I can catch up with family/friends in Queensland.

It's been like that pretty much since the day after christmas. Then a few days where it gets warmer and the snow melts away, everybody happy that it's gone. And WHAM there goes another blizzard. :lol: I love it, but everyone else hates it!
Shame the sun's out now. C'mon snow, gimme moar!

Oh man, jealous! We've at least not copped as much extreme heat as last summer, but we've still cracked 40C a few times lately. :|

There was a day in the middle of January where you couldn't see the surrounding hills because of the fog, it was beautiful.

Yeah, there are only three gigs anyway - this coming Friday (Brisbane), Saturday (Sydney), and Sunday (Melbourne). But Charlotte and I are hitting Brisbane early so that she can actually see some of the place and so that I can catch up with family/friends in Queensland.

My birthday. :angry:

Fantastic. Those Liechtenstein rocks are rare, you know.
If you consider what a small area that country covers compared to the rest of the world, you're quite right!

Yeah it's a buxus, they're always green. Though if you look closely, the new branches are a lighter green than the rest. :)
And mom always 'grooms' it in september, so that's why it looks different. It's a lot slimmer and she always tries to make the rooster shape more obvious.

Aha :up:

Oh hey look, it's my 120,000th post. :crack:

Let's celebrate with MALBUN SPAM! Because Bonnie's dead right. This Malbun is actually photogenic.

s640x480

s640x480

s640x480

s640x480

s640x480

s640x480

I respect this so much I quoted the whole thing. :D

And added this:

DPP_0128sml.jpg

POSTWHORE!

:respects the Penguin and Welpie:

Liechtenstein was really awesome. It actually impressed me far more than Geneve. :reject: THough the lake was pretty.

I was definitely most impressed by Liechtenstein. I wish we'd had time to hit up southern Switzerland though ...

And speaking of the penguin and Welpie, in my recent uploading spree I've also uploaded these:

(Paris)
s640x480

(Lake Geneva)
s640x480

Really need to FINISH the uploads ... oh well, that'll have to wait until after the PT trip now!

:love:

I hate how there are no beautiful places in America. Everywhere you go has a giant ugly highway or ugly galvanized metal signage all over it.

Reggo once posted some photos from Utah that would beg to differ!

... shame about the Mormons running the place though ...

I hate how there are no beautiful places in America. Everywhere you go has a giant ugly highway or ugly galvanized metal signage all over it.

Exactly. I think a place with historic buildings and beautiful, rolling green plains virtually untouched and severely respected by man is more worth visiting, than say, Manhattan.

Exactly. I think a place with historic buildings and beautiful, rolling green plains virtually untouched and severely respected by man is more worth visiting, than say, Manhattan.

You could substitute any city name in place of Manhattan, regardless of the country the city's in, and this would still be true though. I mean, I love Melbourne, I love Wellington, I love Boston, I love Vaduz, but I'd still rather be in Malbun or Fjordland or the Wairarapa or somewhere else rural and beautiful.

In order to make them more rare you could push some over the Austrian/Swiss border. :wink:
Yes! that's the kind of entrepreneurial spirit you need! *misspells horribly*

I love this photo! :lol:

Who here agrees with me that Alison needs a bowler hat? (Or a fedora!)

:no:

Maybe if I shave all my hair off for the World's Greatest Shave... :hmm:

I would consider the area around my house to be great viewing, ocean to the west and Mt Lofty along with numerous other hills stretching to the east. I can't wait to see how it looks in winter.

Oh Chass, I was going to say, loving your wintry photos too. :up:

Man, if it weren't for the good times awaiting in Brisbane this week, I'd be tempted to jump on a plane to Europe or North America instead of a plane to Queensland tomorrow.

I really should get to sleep but this is too early for me to feel tired ...

You could substitute any city name in place of Manhattan, regardless of the country the city's in, and this would still be true though. I mean, I love Melbourne, I love Wellington, I love Boston, I love Vaduz, but I'd still rather be in Malbun or Fjordland or the Wairarapa or somewhere else rural and beautiful.

plus it all depends on what you're looking for. some people might love architecture and rural areas. shocking, but amazing.

Definitely somewhere you'd want to retire to.

And BTW, Manhattan is the only place in the US that appeals to me at this time.

Yes! that's the kind of entrepreneurial spirit you need! *misspells horribly*

:giggle:

Oh, well if you know emulators you could get a ds or dslite and buy a flashcard. I have one of those and you can just get a rom of platinum to try it out. I also have a homebrew emulator for gameboy colour games, have actually been playing Silver on it lately! :lol:

Agreed with that. Silver is still my favourite game and generation, that's why I'm so psyched for this remake!

Have you heard the rumours about a possible 5th gen yet? I truly think they're going too far with the milking now. Most of the 4th gen pokemon are ugly and useless idiots, and they've already used most animals. I really do hope they're making new games and areas without any new pokemon, it's just too much already.

You're kidding??? :lol: Vaporeon has been my favourite ever since Yellow! I've ALWAYS had one in my teams, though it took me ages to get one in Silver because you couldn't get water stones unless you got to Bill's grandpa!
Next to Vaporeon I always loved Mareep and Tyranitar. Yeah, you can see what my favourite generation is easily! :love: Vappy!

Yeah, I think I'll probably go with that. I also still want a second hand PSP at some point to play a few games I missed out on, like God of War: Chains of Olympus. Plus I'm wanting a PS3 soon. I was thinking of selling my 360, but when what will I do when Gears of War 3 comes out? UGH fuck buying consoles.

I pretty much love all the first and second generation games equally, just because those were the glory days. I remember the Christmas where every kid I knew either got Red or Blue. I still remember that my first starter was Bulbasaur and my first catch was Spearow. Ah, good days.

Vaporeon's been my favourite ever since I got one as my first holographic card back in 1999 or 2000. I almost always have one in my team, too, actually most of my favourites tended to be water-type. I also like Nidoking, Psyduck, Gengar, Blastoise, Marowak, Xatu and all of the legendary cats. I can't remember as many of the newer ones, but Zangoose and Kyogre are both pretty cool.

plus it all depends on what you're looking for. some people might love architecture and rural areas. shocking, but amazing.

You know full well I'm fond of some urban areas too. But if you asked me to pick one or the other ... I don't think it's too hard a decision.

I think my ideal is a small old country service town with lovely classic buildings in a scenic mountain valley. You get almost everything with that, to some degree.

I guess I can't say much since I've never been to America, but seriously, the SOUTH-WEST. It's beautiful. And I bet there are as many highways and signs as near any other tourist attractions across the world. Uluru has a road and signs nearby, that doesn't make it any less amazing. Same with the pyramids of Giza.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom