Magnificent Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seriously, who in the U2 camp heard this song, then heard Boots...

...and released Boots as the first single. Seriously? Where are their heads? This song will be a chart-topping single. It screams "we still make amazing music", and it fits the direction of the album beautifully. I'm just so confused.

I just heard MAGNIFICENT on the radio...X96 here in Salt Lake City just played it

Seriously, who in the U2 camp heard this song, then heard Boots...

...and released Boots as the first single. Seriously? Where are their heads? This song will be a chart-topping single. It screams "we still make amazing music", and it fits the direction of the album beautifully. I'm just so confused.

Let me tell you why they chose Boots.

I know several girls, fancy Copenhagen-people in the beginning of their 20's, they go to house music concerts and generally don't listen to the radio, they like a little bit of Coldplay but that's that. And they all HATE U2.

Guess what they thought of Boots.

They love it. Trust me, they wouldn't love Magnificent.
Boots is groovy, it's funky, it hits the young people. It'd be interesting to make a poll, I think most U2 fans between 15 and 25 love Boots. That's the experience I've had so far anyway.

Boots is a great single, the video is out of this world (and the best U2 video since Beautiful Day, maybe better) and almost every person I know that hates U2 loves this song.

Let me tell you why they chose Boots.

I know several girls, fancy Copenhagen-people in the beginning of their 20's, they go to house music concerts and generally don't listen to the radio, they like a little bit of Coldplay but that's that. And they all HATE U2.

Guess what they thought of Boots.

They love it. Trust me, they wouldn't love Magnificent.
Boots is groovy, it's funky, it hits the young people. It'd be interesting to make a poll, I think most U2 fans between 15 and 25 love Boots. That's the experience I've had so far anyway.

Boots is a great single, the video is out of this world (and the best U2 video since Beautiful Day, maybe better) and almost every person I know that hates U2 loves this song.

Totally agree. I think Boots makes a better single, though I still like Magnificent.

An absolutely brilliant song. It's pure joy. I think it's probably the best song this decade outside of Beautiful Day. Only time will tell if I like it better than BD. It should definitely be the opener for the tour. I can even see it being called the "Magnificent" tour.

I love love love Magnificent. So textured and nuanced and amazing.

In parts, the rhythm section reminds me of Night and Day from Red Hot and Blue - anyone else hear the resemblance?

I just heard MAGNIFICENT on the radio...X96 here in Salt Lake City just played it

awesome :up:

I actually cried when I first heard it. And I usually never cry.

I haven't even listened to all the album and I've played Magnif 3 times.
(big wigs in the conference room next to me and I'm afraid I'll get carried away. GO home people..:mad:

Yep, and they just now played "I'll Go Crazy, If I Don't Crazy Tonight"

They are going to play a new song at the top of every hour until someone tells them not to

rock on SLC :rockon:
I'll have to email my radio station and tell them to do the same.

What an amazing, amazing song!!! It's already one of my fav U2 tunes ever! That they can do something like this (the whole album, really...) 33 years into their career -- incredible!

I hope this gets released as a single before Crazy Tonight, 'cause it's gonna knock people's socks off!

just now listening to the album and, even though this was my fave clib, this made me punch the air and smile - so now on repeat before I listen to the rest but if the rest comes anywat near then bloody great Mike:love:

awesome :up:

I haven't even listened to all the album and I've played Magnif 3 times.
(big wigs in the conference room next to me and I'm afraid I'll get carried away. GO home people..:mad:

rock on SLC :rockon:
I'll have to email my radio station and tell them to do the same.

5:00 pm -- X96 in Salt Lake City just played BREATHE:drool::drool:

Magnificent IS U2.

MOS is my favorite song on the album, but Magnificent is the thesis of their career.:up::drool:

I've been doing nothing but listening to NLOTH for almost a full day now. iTunes clocks my Magnificent listenings at 26.

Still, I don't wanna go to sleep.

This is absurd.

I had a feeling that this would be the best song on the album based on the beach clip I listened to back in November. I haven't listened to the leak, but I am appreciating in advance.

Back
Top Bottom