LP13 - The Final Countdown?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am far from convinced that there will be an Apple tie-in.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
apple-ipod-sept-09-1367-rm-eng.jpg

Wishful thinking.

Apple tie in or not, I'd still give it another couple weeks since the model for releases has changed so much since 2009. I'll be saying "oh shit" if we don't know anything more by the 3rd week of September.

Apple tie in or not, I'd still give it another couple weeks since the model for releases has changed so much since 2009. I'll be saying "oh shit" if we don't know anything more by the 3rd week of September.

Yeah, these days there is only about a 2 month gap between album announcements and release for a lot of bands.
If U2 go with the standard release pattern I'm sure we will get a hint from U2.com beforehand saying something like "check here at the end of the week for exciting U2 news!"

Yeah, these days there is only about a 2 month gap between album announcements and release for a lot of bands.
If U2 go with the standard release pattern I'm sure we will get a hint from U2.com beforehand saying something like "check here at the end of the week for exciting U2 news!"
If the release pattern for LP13 is slated to be different than the previous ones, I doubt U2.com will send out a hint. It's either a surprise release, or less than 2 months between the announcement and the release date.

ye

If the release pattern for LP13 is slated to be different than the previous ones, I doubt U2.com will send out a hint. It's either a surprise release, or less than 2 months between the announcement and the release date.

Who knows, but this is all building up and about to explode, whether in the form of another "delay" or an actual announcement.
Notice how all these stories in the press about an imminent album and video shoots etc have not been addressed AT ALL by the band?
Something... is about to give ?

So did atu2 just get Kunstmuseumed?

Hell, getting people to go out to an actual bridge is far beyond what we ever hoped to achieve with the Kunstmuseum gag.

Agree 100%

So did atu2 just get Kunstmuseumed?

Hell, getting people to go out to an actual bridge is far beyond what we ever hoped to achieve with the Kunstmuseum gag.

I still think of that every time I watch the Grand Budapest Hotel.

If we don't hear anything official by this coming Friday, I will be truly concerned.

I won't be. That will be labor day weekend. It will still be August.

People are still on summer vacations and tuned out of news of all types.

I am very reluctant to quote any GW Bush related jerk, but Andy Card, his first chief of staff said it best when asked why the administration waited until September 2002 to press for public support to go into Iraq:

"From a marketing point of view, you don't introduce new products in August."

That quote has been on my mind to no end since the pick up in business here a couple of weeks ago.

We all know something is coming very soon, but it's highly unlikely it will be before Labor Day in the US (Monday September 1).

I wouldn't be surprised to hear something by Tuesday September 2 and would EXPECT to hear something by September 9 as we've been discussing. That makes way too much sense not to happen.

I wouldn't push the panic button unless we went another month without hearing any news of substance.

We're getting there, I've started checking this board 5 + times per day for the first time since 2010. That says something for me!!

Are we close? Absolutely. Imminent, as in hit "refresh" every 2 minutes on the new album thread? Not yet.

God were running around like headless chickens on here. Does this band know the grip it has on us all??? :)

I've awoken very disappointed not to see a picture of the tent at daybreak.

I take it nobody managed to find a camera with a zoom lense in Dublin last night then?

wait... (just been checking out the thread at @u2) Fisher is a girl now?

I remember getting a Propaganda newsletter when I was 23 ish... I thought they would never be back. But the thrill I had while listening to the Joshua Tree on an fm radio station late one night...wow...Propaganda was wrong!

Well, going back to what Aleh shared last night:
@dub_differently U2 filming new music video in Dublin. Samuel Beckett Bridge & Pepper Canister Church, upper Mount st so far. Updates to come #U2 #Dublin

@dub_differently @U2_News We've 1 more location we've been informed about tomorrow but it's again unconfirmed.Extremely secretive at the moment unfortunately
May end up being false information, but you never know.

Back
Top Bottom