LP 13/Invisible: Please return, there's stuff to see!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jimmy Fallon will help their image. He's endorsement goes a long way in this day and age..

Other thing worth noting is the ratio of Up and Down thumbs. There will always be haters, ESPECIALLY with U2. (PS, does the 1, 2, 3, 4 in the teaser sound like Edge holding his nose to anyone else???)

There is No The - Up 639, Down 17
Ordinary Love Alt - Up 7,469 , Down 158
Ordinary Love Orig. - Up 58,044 , Down 964

Totals - Up 66,152, Down 1,139

So that is over 98% 'Up'

What about the comments, tho?

That's where the real win is on YouTube. In the comments.

:wink:

So, hey ... I heard that new Justin Bieber-song is about to pass Ordinary Love in views. It's been out two days.

:panic:

But lets face it, each of us here and so many others have viewed all 3.

Ok, lets just take Ordinary Love Original then.

Over 6.5 million views in less than 3 months (I have rounded both figures)

Stones over 10 million views in over 15 months.

So Ordinary love has a year to make 3.5 million more views. We all know the rates slow down, but hey, this is statistics so I can make them say what I want...

in 15 months, Ordinary Love is on rate to get 32.5 million views.

Ok, lets just take Ordinary Love Original then.

Over 6.5 million views in less than 3 months (I have rounded both figures)

Stones over 10 million views in over 15 months.

So Ordinary love has a year to make 3.5 million more views. We all know the rates slow down, but hey, this is statistics so I can make them say what I want...

in 15 months, Ordinary Love is on rate to get 32.5 million views.

And the Stones have 50 million people who will be watching that garbage video tomorrow. :wink:

My point is that U2 is obviously still relevant, but so are the Stones...that's one of the worst songs they've ever done, yet can still garner 10Million views.

Difference is U2 wants to be relevant with the kids, I think the $tone$ abandoned that demographic and their lack of large quantities of disposable income some time ago.

Sure. And you make a good point...Live Nation plays a big part behind the scenes in all this, and ultimately this is more about the tour than the record anyway. That's where the money is. So to that extent, this kind of hype for U2, who have been out of the public eye (a Pop culture saturated public that has a very short attention span) for a while is good, whether there's a record attached to it or not.

Exactly. Sadly, pop culture is about the next '15 minute' thing. Whether it be a surprise Beyonce album, Bieber's arrest, or the SB ads. I accept that. Hell, I thrived on it as a teen. (I know, I know. Shhh. :reject: )

And LiveNation is about tours. They want the $$ that big name acts like Madonna and U2 bring. Cue Oseary and his understanding of this culture. It's not a McG-$oaked world anymore.

I think the hype about this ad, the YT hits, etc...speaks volumes about the changes. Welcome to the 21st Century, boys.

Justin Bieber's trial and deportation will set youtube records for views.
Justin Bieber is talentless scum.

I'd pay to watch him get deported in handcuffs. :applaud:

It's not a McG-$oaked world anymore.

I think the hype about this ad, the YT hits, etc...speaks volumes about the changes. Welcome to the 21st Century, boys.

Again, lol wut?

You're acting like this is the first U2 has done a massive scale ad campaign or gotten YouTube hits for a new song.

This is actually pretty tame compared to past efforts, unless we've all forgotten how crazy it was around the Apple days

Reading and being part of all of this feels like we're in that old Bill Murray movie groundhog day. We all get fired up for new music album tour news just to be dashed over and over again.. Then there's an apocalyptic implosion from us just to find little slivers of hope and get all fired up again.. minds well pour another drink flare a big fat one cuz next few months might be a bit bumpy.

I think I'm the only one who is shrugging at the news that came out. I'll enter annoyed mode after the Fallon appearance if things aren't cleared up a bit more then.

Until then, I'm going to resume my excitement for Invisible.

I think I'm the only one who is shrugging at the news that came out. I'll enter annoyed mode after the Fallon appearance if things aren't cleared up a bit more then.

Until then, I'm going to resume my excitement for Invisible.

Yay! I'm not alone! :lol:

Truthfully, I take all articles right now with a grain of salt. Most journalists, even the "respected" ones are all about getting page views right now due to the MASS HYPE that is always a Super Bowl and it's ads.

There were TWO separate articles. One for the U2 ad, one for Bono's "interview". Double the page clicks.

I'm excited as hell for the song. I'm also equally excited for the video that we know is forthcoming.

Then begins the inevitable wait for news/Fallon. We could get an entirely different scenario (or three!) by then. :shrug:

Yay! I'm not alone! :lol:

Truthfully, I take all articles right now with a grain of salt. Most journalists, even the "respected" ones are all about getting page views right now due to the MASS HYPE that is always a Super Bowl and it's ads.

There were TWO separate articles. One for the U2 ad, one for Bono's "interview". Double the page clicks.

I'm excited as hell for the song. I'm also equally excited for the video that we know is forthcoming.

Then begins the inevitable wait for news/Fallon. We could get an entirely different scenario (or three!) by then. :shrug:

I personally LOVE how they are handling things for this album! New music wiith nothing until it comes out and I'm liking what I have heard just with Ordinary Love. I think they are going to own 2014 and 2015

-Poop

Depends on the feel of Invisible. If it's a rock anthem, it should be mixed loud. If it's more along the lines of OL, then no.

That said, this showed up on my FB feed and it begs to be shared here.
5751_733434196675573_2058532975_n.jpg

:lol:

Broken Bells After the Disco:
I liked:
After the Disco
Holding on for life
Control
No matter what you're told.

Not bad but not great. Danger Mouse has been drained I'm sure by the U2 vampire. :sexywink:

Yeah. But U2 and Guy Oseary are pros at this, more than you or I, so I just have to assume there's a plan to all this and that they know what they're doing.

Kind of like God. "No matter how bad things seem right now, just know that Bono has a master plan for you."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom