LP13/Invisible. The Hope! The Trauma. Who's lying next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I find this quote really interesting:

I think 'Invisible' is a great song, but I don't know how accessible it is. We'll find out if we're irrelevant. I'm perfectly prepared for people to try and blow us off the stage. We're just not going to make it easy.

I'm pretty sure the cold reception of NLOTH threw them for a loop. Circles around them were talking about it being their best album but the general public didn't respond.

They've made statements in the past that they want to give time and space to songs to see if it is really as good as they originally thought it was.

I find it baffling that anyone would find Invisible to be an inaccessible U2 song.

Bono lies.

_58338202_u2finger.jpg

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

What are the stakes I wonder? If their feeling of irrelevance is insurmountable then what, break up tomorrow? Or would they not release the album and just accept the fact that the new tour is going to be greatest hits?

They might. They made fun of "heritage acts" and don't want to become one. I certainly hope they don't. They are competing against themselves.

Bono lies.

_58338202_u2finger.jpg

He is a salesman :giggle:

You also wonder what magic barometer are they using to test whether Invisible has done what they want? Would it just be number of downloads and radio play?

while there's certainly plenty of truth to his relevancy stuff, it's clearly the "biggest band in the world job" 14 years later, phrased differently. it's just his mantra, and that's what he's feeding to the media.

They might. They made fun of "heritage acts" and don't want to become one. I certainly hope they don't. They are competing against themselves.

Usually after this argument is made a certain poster who will go nameless, although her name does rhyme with U2Whirl, will come in and mock you for even suggesting that.

while there's certainly plenty of truth to his relevancy stuff, it's clearly the "biggest band in the world job" 14 years later, phrased differently. it's just his mantra, and that's what he's feeding to the media.

So true. They are at least savvy enough to realise that 'biggest band in the world' carries little relevance these days.

I haven't been to a Pearl Jam concert for years. Their new album is pretty good in my view. What's the crowd reaction to those songs like? Do PJ even care?

It's weird for U2 to be so transparent about this stuff. Makes them look like anal retards a bit.

Usually after this argument is made a certain poster who will go nameless, although her name does rhyme with U2Whirl, will come in and mock you for even suggesting that.

Ya well, if the Rolling Stones could come up with something half as good as NLOTH I would be interested.

I'm pretty sure the cold reception of NLOTH threw them for a loop. Circles around them were talking about it being their best album but the general public didn't respond.

They've made statements in the past that they want to give time and space to songs to see if it is really as good as they originally thought it was.

Or they want to do what befell NLOTH, fuck it up even further from what impressed people a year prior to release with new people in the studio (as we've seen quotes from U2's friends all the way back to last summer about hearing some very finished sounding material).

From Wikipedia...

"Let Me Know" contains an interpolation of "Love Is Blindness" by U2

Interpolation has been used by one artist to refer to the addition of new material in a performance or recording of a previously existing piece of music.[5][6][7]

In hip hop music <collapse-section>

In hip hop music, interpolation refers to using a melody – or portions of a melody (often with modified lyrics) – from a previously recorded song, but re-recording the melody instead of sampling it.

Let Me Know by who?

I don't think European itunes charts will be much relevant
since the only real promotion was the Super Bowl

"working so long" on the record..

"out in the glare of public scrutiny now.. it's like WHOA"

trying to make "intellectually hard" record.

Invisible is representative of the album which is: "raw, guitar driven" - "krautrock influenced"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom