Love And Peace Or Else VS. Indian Summer Sky

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

STING2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
So which song do you like better?

"Love And Peace Or Else" or "Indian Summer Sky"

I say "Love And Peace Or Else"

Tough one.

Without making any qualifications whatsoever, I will say "Love and Peace or Else" and leave it at that.

Not a tough one for me. LAPOE is my most favoritest off their new CD. Something about the sound of the intro is just :drool:

Damn I love HTDAAB! :love:

Indian Summer Sky, mostly due to just plain weirdness. LAPOE is almost an asskicker, but is just missing one thing. Edge might call it the crutons, but I call it what the French call a certain 'I don't know.'

EDIT: To put it plainly, Love and Peace Or Else is a glossy piece of plastic fruit masquerading as a rock song.

Last edited:
Indian Summer Sky is definitely the better album song, but the live version of LAPOE is pretty fun to listen to. I'm not sure that I have any copies of ISS being played live.

cleazer said:
Indian Summer Sky is definitely the better album song, but the live version of LAPOE is pretty fun to listen to. I'm not sure that I have any copies of ISS being played live.

Indian Summer Sky was only performed 7 times I think, all on the UF tour. I have the Milan Italy February 1985 bootleg where they play it.

Love And Peace.... 5

Indian Summer 2

I'm kinda looking forward to STING's random matchups from now on... seriously....

Dunno about this one. I'll go away and think about it, probably to return and flip a coin. The lyrics of L&P really really let it down. Hmmm...

Earnie Shavers said:
The lyrics of L&P really really let it down. Hmmm...

Okay... so clearly I'm not the only one disappointed with the lyrics of LAPOE! Good.

This is too random a match up for me to choose.

Zootlesque said:

Okay... so clearly I'm not the only one disappointed with the lyrics of LAPOE! Good.

This is too random a match up for me to choose.

Lay your love
On the tracks
We're gonna break
The monster's back

This episode of Windmill Lane has been brought to you by the letter S, for sucks.

STING2 said:

Indian Summer Sky was only performed 7 times I think, all on the UF tour.

Nine times, actually.

And ISS gets my vote easily. LAPOE is one of HTDAAB's better songs, but ISS oozes UF greatness.

This is a tough one. Both I care so little about. But when it comes to crunch time, I'd have to choose ISS. LAPOE just has something terribly forced about it, while ISS coexists effortlessly with all the other UF songs.

Lets see: ISS is a crappy song on a wildly over-rated album(at least on this forum)....LAPOE is a good song that turned great live from an under-rated album(on this forum).

I'll have to go for LAPOE. A no brainer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom